Mechanics[edit | edit source]
The goal of Infested Salvage is to find the ship's shipping manifest by allowing the Lotus to access three data consoles scattered throughout the room. Each console however is covered by an Infested growth that blocks the Lotus' access to it, preventing decryption.
In order to unblock a console, players must collect Antiserum Charges, which are cube-shaped, blue glowing containers that are dropped by Infested enemies. These injectors can be deposited into Vaporizer units located near the data consoles, which will then form a glowing vaporizer bubble that expands outward from the Vaporizer unit. The vaporizer bubble's size expands the more Antiserum Charges are deposited into the Vaporizer unit, and if a data console gets inside a vaporizer bubble the infested growth on it will disappear, which will allow the Lotus to decrypt the console, whose progress is shown by a counter on the HUD's upper left corner below the minimap. The Lotus' decryption speed is determined by how many data consoles are unblocked at a time, with more unblocked consoles resulting in faster decryption. While Antiserum Charges are automatically picked up by walking over them, a player can only hold up to 3 Injectors at any time. The bubbles will expire after 20 seconds, which will shrink or remove the bubble entirely, thus making replenishing the Vaporizers a priority. 2 Antiserum Charges per Vaporizer at a minimum are required to cover a data console and allow decryption.
The central room of the map where the data consoles are located is filled with a Corrosive agent that will corrode both the Warframe's armor and the data consoles' health. For Warframes, corrosion will result in them gradually losing armor until the corrosion removes their ability to resist the poison damage present in the air, making them lose health every second. Data consoles are also affected, and will gradually lose health until they are destroyed, making them incapable of providing decryption for the rest of the mission (if all three data consoles are destroyed in this manner, the mission will end in failure). Corrosion does not occur inside the radius of a vaporizer bubble, and data consoles will slowly regenerate health while inside. Vaporizer bubbles thus serve the dual purpose of enabling decryption, as well as preventing players and data consoles from losing health. The corrosion effect does not occur in areas outside of the main room.
The middle of the main room contains a large holographic emitter with two consoles on it:
- One of the consoles is a medical station which will completely restore the Warframe's armor when used, though doing so requires expending an Antiserum Charge. With an Antiserum Injector equipped, players can restore the Warframe's armor at any time, activating it in the Gear menu.
- The other console, labeled Power Overload, will send a shockwave that kills every enemy in the map when activated; it then becomes disabled for some time before it can be used again, indicated by the alarm lights in the hallways.
The round is won if the data manages to reach 100% decryption. After a 20-second timer, players are given the choice of whether to extract with the rewards earned so far or proceed to the next round.
Locations[edit | edit source]
|Eris||Oestrus||Infested||34 - 38||Infested Ship|
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Rotation C of Infested Salvage grants a chance to receive random parts for the Nidus Warframe.
The mission's rounds follow the rotation sequence A-A-B-C.
|Rotation A||Rotation B||Rotation C|
|Magazine Warp||10%||150 Endo||6.67%||Nidus Chassis Blueprint||14.29%|
|Trick Mag||10%||Deep Freeze||6.67%||Nidus Neuroptics Blueprint||14.29%|
|Vitality||10%||Hell's Chamber||6.67%||Nidus Systems Blueprint||14.29%|
|Neo D2 Relic||10%||Hornet Strike||6.67%||300 Endo||14.29%|
|Neo E2 Relic||10%||North Wind||6.67%||Metal Auger||14.29%|
|Neo I2 Relic||10%||Reflex Coil||6.67%||Stretch||14.29%|
|Neo N13 Relic||10%||Shocking Touch||6.67%||Vital Sense||14.29%|
|Neo S14 Relic||10%||Streamline||6.67%|
|Neo T2 Relic||10%||Axi A10 Relic||6.67%|
|Neo Z6 Relic||10%||Axi A11 Relic||6.67%|
|Axi B3 Relic||6.67%|
|Axi C5 Relic||6.67%|
|Axi T4 Relic||6.67%|
|Axi W1 Relic||6.67%|
|Axi Z1 Relic||6.67%|
- Oestrus, Eris
Up to date as of Hotfix 220.127.116.11
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Data encryption speed decreases with more squad members, making solo runs more beneficial.
- A Nova with negative ability strength can use Molecular Prime to speed up enemies into the main room.
- Vauban with Vortex- Bastille can help collect loot and pull enemies into a cluster.
- Antiserum drops are affected by Nekros Desecrate, Hydroid's Pilfering Swarm, Ivara's Prowl, Atlas Ore Gaze, Khora's Pilfering Strangledome and Chesa Kubrow's Retrieve.
- Octavia can use Mallet and Resonator to taunt Infested into killing themselves, and Metronome to stay invisible.
- Operator mode does not degrade armor when outside of the Vaporizer bubble, so it may be beneficial to temporarily switch out when traveling from Vaporizer to Vaporizer if armor condition is a concern.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If armor corrosion reaches 0% and the Warframe is outside of a Vaporizer's bubble, the player can hear voices from the Infested hivemind.
- Prior to the introduction of Infested Salvage in Update 19.5, a non-endless version was featured during the first stage of The Jordas Verdict, introduced in Update 17.9.1.
Sources[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Hotfix 28.3.3
|PvE||Standard||Assassination • Capture • Exterminate • Hijack • Mobile Defense • |
Rescue • Sabotage (Assault, Deception, Hive,
Orokin, Reactor, Sealab) • Spy
|Endless||Defection • Disruption • Defense • Excavation • |
Infested Salvage • Interception • Survival
|Free Roam||Bounty (Isolation Vault • Heist)|
|Arena||The Index • Rathuum|
|Special||Granum Void • Junction • Recovery • Sanctuary Onslaught|
|Archwing||Exterminate • Interception • Mobile Defense • Pursuit • Rush • Sabotage|
|PvP||Conclave||Cephalon Capture • Annihilation • Team Annihilation • Lunaro|
|Other||Frame Fighter • Duel|
|Arbitrations • Crossfire • Dark Sectors • Environmental Hazards • Invasions • Kuva Siphon • |
Kuva Lich • Nightmare Mode • Nightwave • Sorties • The Steel Path • Void Fissures