Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- Innate damage – effective against Cloned Flesh, Infested, and Infested Flesh.
- Good critical chance.
- High critical multiplier.
- Very high status chance.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Large magazine size.
- High ammo capacity.
- Consumes 0.5 ammo per tick of damage.
- Beam has a thickness of 0.15 meters, largest beam thickness of all continuous weapons.
- The zone of impact or maximum beam range has a spherical blast radius of 3 meters, allowing it to hit multiple enemies at once.
- Innate infinite punch through against bodies.
- Innate damage – less effective against Proto Shields.
- Damage ramps up from 35% to 100% over 0.6 seconds when firing. After firing stops for 0.8 seconds, the damage decays back to 35% over 2 seconds.
- Limited beam range of 27 meters (+3m blast radius resulting in a total range of 30m).
- Innate punch through does not apply to surfaces, requiring punch through mods.
- Ignis Wraith, compared to Ignis:
- Higher base damage (35 vs. 33)
- Higher critical chance (17% vs. 11%)
- Higher critical multiplier (2.5x vs. 2x)
- Higher status chance (29% vs. 27%)
- Larger magazine (200 rounds vs. 150 rounds)
- Larger max ammo capacity (800 rounds vs. 750 rounds)
- Faster reload speed (1.7 s vs. 2 s)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (9 vs. 5)
- Lower disposition (0.55 vs. 0.6)
- Longer reach (27 meters vs 20 meters)
- All participating players in Clans that achieved the specified Clan Participation Score (e.g. 260 for Ghost clans) received an Ignis Wraith blueprint at the end of the event.
- All players in a Clan that achieved the specified Victory Score during the event (e.g. 4,000 for Ghost clans) immediately received a complete Ignis Wraith with a free weapon slot and a pre-installed Orokin Catalyst.
- Clans that placed within the top 10% scoring clans in their tier received Research for the Ignis Wraith in the Chem Lab at the end of the event.
A fully built Ignis Wraith is now potentially sold by Baro Ki'Teer in the Concourse section of the Tenno Relay for 250,000 and 550. Note that Baro Ki'Teer's stock changes with each appearance, and this weapon may not be available on a succeeding appearance.
|Main Blueprint||8.7%||11 – 12 Rotation B Caches||76 ± 25 Rotation B Caches|
All drop rates data is obtained from DE's official droptables.
Expected refers to total number of attempts a player can expect to need in order to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of attempts a player needs to obtain a 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
For more detailed definitions and information on how these number were obtained, visit here.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Chem Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Ignis Wraith's hit detection is composed of two parts:
- A perfectly accurate central beam that reaches up to 27 meters. This beam has a 0.15-meter thickness, unlike other beam weapons whose beams are very narrow.
- A spherical blast with 3 meters radius appears at the zone of impact or at maximum range.
- Punch through affects the location of the weapon's area of affect. The weapon's area of affect is applied at the final point of contact where the beam ends rather than whenever the beam punches through an enemy or object.
- only affect the beam range, not the beam thickness and the area of effect.
- only affect the area of effect, not the beam thickness and the beam range.
- When combined with other elemental mods, such as , it will no longer deal the original fire damage, losing its high bonus versus Light Infested (+50%). Thus, it is advised to add damage to create damage to kill Light Infested. Add + to create damage, and add to create damage to kill Heavy Infested.
- The Ignis Wraith's spherical AoE can destroy rockets launched from a Bombard's .
- The Ignis Wraith can deal headshots and target enemy weak spots.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- and apply damage to the weapon. They do not act like base damage mods, but rather stack with the innate damage of the weapon.
- Adding , , or in addition to damage makes the Ignis very effective versus Grineer / Corpus / Infested, though less effective against Corpus Proto Shields.
- It is a wise idea to equip a long-ranged weapon in your secondary slot when using the Ignis Wraith.
- It is unwise to have Specters equip this gun as they only fire on targets when they are ~10m away from them.
- can be equipped to the Ignis Wraith, causing enemies to deal damage on death to other nearby enemies. This aids in crowd control and quicker elimination of weaker and closely-grouped enemies.
- Due to its nature of AoE, this weapon is particularly effective against destructible projectiles.
- Adding as a second results in an increase of damage. The reduction of accuracy will cause the beam to slightly waver, which is a negative for most weapons, but is arguably a benefit for the Ignis as the effective AoE spread will widen slightly.
- The Ignis Wraith is designed to deal with crowds, spreading low damage but hitting all enemies in range, where most other weapons (besides explosive dealing AoE weapons) are single or multi-target. In other words, the larger the crowd, the better the weapon becomes at distributing damage compared to most other weapons.
- The Ignis Wraith is very useful in reactor core Sabotage missions, as its spherical AoE allows it to destroy several exposed reactor cores at once.
- Shade's can activate even if the Ignis Wraith is being fired, so long as the fire key is held down upon Ghost's activation.
- This is more effective on the Wraith variant, as it has 50 more magazine capacity over the original, allowing more time to be cloaked and deal damage.
- can also be equipped on the Ignis Wraith, greatly increasing the range of its central beam. This will also move the spherical AoE forward by the same distance.
- The radius of the spherical AoE can be increased with .
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Ignis Wraith was hinted at by a forum post sent by Rebecca Ford regarding the then-upcoming The Pacifism Defect event that was an Acrostic, a form of writing where the first letter of each line spells out a word or words. The message, with the first letter of each line bolded for clarity, read as follows;
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The flame effect will vanish when pressing the fire button in short bursts, causing the weapon to sometimes be firing invisible flames.
Media[edit | edit source]
Ignis Wraith Skins
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
|Research • Clan • Dojo|
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|