- This mod can be acquired by attaining the rank of General under Steel Meridian, or the rank of Genius under Cephalon Suda, and spending 25,000 to purchase.
- On casting Avalanche, this mod will create a protective coat of ice on Frost and any allies within the ability's radius, which absorbs incoming damage, grants knockdown immunity and protects against Status Effects. The health of the ice coating is dependent on the number of enemies hit by Avalanche on casting, and the coating lasts until it is depleted by enemy fire or dispelled by enemy abilities like Nullification fields.
- Enemies still frozen by a previous casting of Avalanche will still contribute to the ice coating's health.
- In order to restore ice coat health, the next Avalanche must generate enough ice coat health to exceed the remaining health of the player's current ice coat. The remaining health of the previous coat will not apply to the new coat.
- Ice coating health per enemy is affected by Ability Strength.
- Damage absorbed by the ice coat is not affected by Armor.
- Getting hit will not drain a stack from a Health Conversion orb.
- For Rhino's Iron Skin, the Ice coating will be damaged after Iron Skin has worn off.
- The mod encourages building for Ability Range and Ability Strength in order to hit as many enemies as possible, as well as buffing squad-mates from a further distance.
- Using Overextended will lower Ability Strength, thus decreasing the amount of coating health gained per enemy hit.
- Ivara's Noise Arrow, Vauban's Vortex and similar abilities that attract enemies to a single location synergize well with Icy Avalanche, as they can be used to group enemies closer together allowing for a larger number of enemies to be hit by Avalanche.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link in the collapsible menu to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases duration to 24.48 seconds.
- Reduces freeze radius to 5.1 meters and explosion radius to 1.53 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 25 energy.
- Reduces duration to 3.2 seconds.
- Maximized Ability Range increases freeze radius to 42 meters and explosion radius to 12.6 meters.
- Reduces ice coating health to 24.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases ice coating health to 247.2.
NOTE: Italic refers to the base ability of this augment
- Similar to Flash Accelerant which coats Ember, Icy Avalanche coats Frost as well as allies with the protective coating.
- Sometimes will not apply to allies for no reason.
- If used in Simulacrum Ice coat may at times be bypassed, damaging shields before coat is depleted. Usually happens when changing arsenal while buff is present. Recasting will normally fix this