Sends a wave of razor sharp, crystallized ice toward an enemy, dealing heavy damage.
|Strength:300 / 445 / 565 / 700|
|Range:30 / 35 / 40 / 45° (angle)|
1.5 / 2 / 2.5 / 3 m (initial width)
10 / 12 / 17 / 20 m (length)
- Frost sends forth a wave of ice shards that inflicts 300 / 445 / 565 / 700 Cold damage with a 100% status chance to all targets in its area of effect. The wave has an initial width of 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 / 3 meters, disperses at a 30 / 35 / 40 / 45° angle, and travels over a distance of 10 / 12 / 17 / 20 meters.
- Damage is affected by Ability Strength.
- Cold damage is effective against Alloy Armor, Shielded, and Infested Sinew, but less effective against Infested Flesh and Fossilized.
- Cold status effect reduces a target's movement speed and fire/attack rate by 50% over a duration of 6 seconds.
- Angle, initial width, and length are affected by Ability Range, and the angle cannot exceed 60° under any circumstances.
- Ice Wave follows terrain. With multiple levels of terrain, the ice shards can change elevation to damage enemies.
- Can be cast while airborne, and the cast animation cannot be interrupted.
- Has a cast time of 1 second and a cast delay of ~1 second.
- Main article: Ice Wave Impedance
- As a damage and crowd control ability, it can be dependent on the situation; it only affects those in front you rather than all around you. It works effectively against a large group of enemies rather than a single enemy like a boss.
- Even though the wave moves along the floor, it is able to hit enemies that are slightly above or below it, such as Shield Ospreys.
- Ice Wave is best used against enemies in a tightly-packed line. Loses effectiveness on Infested as Ancients resist much of the damage.
- Since it passes through Snow Globe, Ice Wave can be used to clear the globe of enemies if Frost is somehow forced out of it.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration has no positive effects on this ability.
- Reduces angle to 15.3°, initial width to 1.02 meters, and length to 6.8 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 12.5 energy.
- Has no negative effects on this ability.
- Maximized Ability Range increases angle to 60°, initial width to 8.4 meters, and length to 56 meters.
- Reduces damage to 280.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases damage to 2884.