Sends a wave of razor sharp, crystallized ice toward an enemy, dealing heavy damage.
|Strength:300 / 445 / 565 / 700|
|Range:30 / 35 / 40 / 45° (angle)|
1.5 / 2 / 2.5 / 3 m (initial width)
10 / 12 / 17 / 20 m (length)
- Frost sends forth a wave of ice shards that inflicts 300 / 445 / 565 / 700 Cold damage with a 100% status chance to all targets in its area of effect. The wave has an initial width of 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 / 3 meters, disperses at a 30 / 35 / 40 / 45° angle, and travels over a distance of 10 / 12 / 17 / 20 meters.
- Damage is affected by Ability Strength.
- Cold damage is effective against Alloy Armor, Shielded, and Infested Sinew, but less effective against Infested Flesh and Fossilized.
- Cold status effect reduces a target's movement speed and fire/attack rate by 50% over a duration of 6 seconds.
- Angle, initial width, and length are affected by Ability Range, and the angle cannot exceed 60° under any circumstances.
- Ice Wave follows terrain. With multiple levels of terrain, the ice shards can change elevation to damage enemies.
- Can be cast while airborne, and the cast animation cannot be interrupted.
- Has a cast time of 1 second and a cast delay of ~1 second.
- Main article: Ice Wave Impedance
- As a damage and crowd control ability, it can be dependent on the situation; it only affects those in front you rather than all around you. It works effectively against a large group of enemies rather than a single enemy like a boss.
- Even though the wave moves along the floor, it is able to hit enemies that are slightly above or below it, such as Shield Ospreys.
- Ice Wave is best used against enemies in a tightly-packed line. Loses effectiveness on Infested as Ancients resist much of the damage.
- Since it passes through Snow Globe, Ice Wave can be used to clear the globe of enemies if Frost is somehow forced out of it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.