“Market forces dictate that you need to evolve or die.”The Void Relics for this item have been removed from the drop tables at this time and are no longer available.
Release Date: August 29th, 2017
Hydroid Prime is the Primed variant of Hydroid, possessing increased shields, armor, and energy capacity, as well as an additional and polarities. Hydroid Prime was released alongside Ballistica Prime and Nami Skyla Prime.
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprint Price: N/A|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
AcquisitionHydroid Prime's main and component blueprints are acquired from the following Void Relics.
| Meso B2 Uncommon (V)|
Meso N5 Uncommon (V)
Meso Z2 Uncommon (V)
Axi K5 Uncommon (V)
| Neo G1 Uncommon (V)|
Axi A3 Uncommon (V)
Axi N4 Uncommon (V)
| Meso H1 Common (V)|
Neo B4 Common (V)
Neo N8 Common (V)
Neo S8 Common (V)
Neo S11 Common (V)
Axi C3 Common (V)
Axi C4 Common (V)
| Neo H1 Rare (V)|
Neo H2 Rare (V)
Axi H3 Rare (V)
Axi H4 Rare (V)
- Hydroid Prime, compared to Hydroid:
- As a Prime Warframe, Hydroid Prime possesses a special passive ability where contact with an Orokin Void Death Orb will make them release an energy pulse that grants 250 Energy to all nearby allies. This effect can only occur once per Death Orb, and can occur even if the Death Orb has been previously destroyed.
- Hydroid Prime's Tentacle Swarm, Undertow and passive ability-spawned tentacles are no longer translucent. Instead, tentacles are opaque and and have a new organic texture that is affected by Hydroid Prime's Warframe Appearance colors.
- Energy color applies a coat of energy on the tentacle's model and alters the color of the numerous glow spots on the texture. This allows players to customize their tentacles to look similar to the older tentacle model prior to Update 21.4.
- Tentacle texture can return to default non-Prime translucency by equipping different skins (e.g. Hydroid Immortal Skin on Hydroid Prime)
- Hydroid Prime, along with Frost Prime, can achieve the third highest total shield value out of all Warframes at 3,195 by combining Redirection, Primed Vigor, Augur Accord, and their maximum Overshields (+1200). Harrow currently holds the second highest possible shield value of 4,110, beaten only by Hildryn's 6555. These numbers can potentially be higher with other buffs that increase shield capacity (such as Shield Charger and Sequence).
- Hydroid Prime was revealed at TennoCon 2017 alongside Excalibur Umbra and Plains of Eidolon.
- His Prime trailer was revealed at TennoCon 2020.
- A fully built Hydroid Prime was given for watching TennoCon 2020 on WARFRAME's Twitch with a Twitch-linked account for 30 consecutive minutes, after 5:00 p.m. ET, on August 1st, 2020. It comes with a free Warframe slot and pre-installed Orokin Reactor.
- Due to thousands of players reporting missing Twitch drops, on August 6th, 2020 Hydroid Prime was distributed to all players if they were logged in to WARFRAME during TennoCon 2020, regardless if they watched the streams or not.
- On June 28, 2019, it was announced that Hydroid Prime would enter the Prime Vault and be retired from the reward tables on July 6th, 2019. Any preexisting components or fully-built frames will remain as is.