On starting the quest, the player will receive an inbox message:
Acquire the Incubator Segment: Unda, Venus
Having learned the Corpus acquired an Incubator Segment, the Lotus tasks the player to raid one of their bases on Venus so that a Tenno Operative may steal it as the Corpus are distracted. This is a 5 minute Survival where the player must survive against endless Corpus enemies until extraction is prompted.
With the segment acquired, the player must install it in their Orbiter.
Find a Kubrow Egg in Feral Kubrow dens: E Prime, Earth
- On any Grineer Forest tileset on Earth, destroying a Kubrow Den has a chance to yield an egg. The drop rate is increased to 100% during the quest.
- An egg can be purchased from the Market for 10.
If the player already has an egg, this step is skipped.
Incubate and mature a Kubrow using the Incubator
In order to incubate the egg, incubator requires an Incubator Power Core. This can found by:
|Time: 8 hrs|
|Market Price: 35||Blueprints Price: 50,000|
With the egg and power core in possession, the incubation can now begin. There are three options to begin incubation.
- Random: The egg hatches a Kubrow whose variant, height, gender, color, and fur pattern are completely random.
- Genetic Code Template: A pair of templates with stored data imparts their genetic information onto the egg, making the hatched Kubrow more likely to have predetermined features.
- Helminth Cyst: A fully developed cyst on player's Warframe can be drained to guarantee a Helminth Charger.
Incubation takes 48 hours to complete (24 hours if a Nutrio Incubator Upgrade Segment is installed), after which the player can name the Kubrow.
Defend your Kubrow in combat: Gaia, Earth
To earn the newly hatched Kubrow's favor, the player must now take their new companion to Earth to locate a collar and partake a 5-wave Defense against the Grineer with the Kubrow being the defense objective. The Kubrow does not have much health as a standard defense objective, but can be revived if it goes into bleedout. On completion of the mission, a Taichen Collar cosmetic is rewarded, completing the quest.
- The pet that is selected does not necessarily have to be a Kubrow; any pet that can be incubated can be used.
- The final mission of the Quest had a bug on release, where failing it would kill the player's Kubrow permanently. 501 Kubrows were lost before the bug was fixed.
Last updated: Hotfix 23.8.2 (2018-09-19)
|Tenno Awakening||Awakening • Vor's Prize • Once Awake • The Archwing • Stolen Dreams • The New Strange ( ) • Natah|
|Zariman Ten Zero||The Second Dream • The War Within • Chains of Harrow ( ) • Apostasy Prologue • The Sacrifice ( )|
|The New War||Rising Tide (Railjack) • Heart of Deimos ( ) • Prelude to War (Chimera Prologue • Erra • The Maker) • The New War ( )|
|Post-New War||Angels of the Zariman ( )|
|Howl of the Kubrow • A Man of Few Words • Hidden Messages ( ) • The Limbo Theorem ( ) • Patient Zero ( ) • The Jordas Precept ( ) • Sands of Inaros ( ) • The Silver Grove ( ) • The Glast Gambit ( ) • Octavia's Anthem ( ) • Saya's Vigil ( ) • Mask of the Revenant ( ) • Vox Solaris ( ) • The Deadlock Protocol ( ) • Call of the Tempestarii ( ) • The Waverider ( )|
|Story and History|