The Hounds that accompany the Sisters of Parvos have each of their parts randomly selected on creation of the Sister, and the player will inherit their Hound upon vanquishing their controlling Sister. Vanquished Sisters are also guaranteed to drop one random Hound component blueprint, which can be assembled with Legs' assistance.
A Hound companion needs four different components to be built, the Model, the Core, the Bracket, and the Stabilizer. Each component type has several options to choose from, allowing to customize stats and the Hound's type and appearance.
The Hound's Model forms the machine's head and is the component that earns Mastery Rank points for the Hound after gilding. Each Model comes equipped with one Precept mod and weapon which can only be provided by that particular Model, though the Precepts and weapons can be used on any Hound once acquired.
The Core determines the appearance of the Hound's torso, and modifies the base stats of the Hound.
The Bracket determines the appearance of the Hound's legs, and modifies the base stats of the Hound. Each Bracket comes equipped with one Precept mod which can only be provided by that particular Bracket, though the Precepts can be used on any Hound once acquired.
Stabilizer refer to the Hound's tail, and determines the Mod Polarities that the Hound will have. Each Stabilizer comes equipped with one Precept mod which can only be provided by that particular Stabilizer, though the Precepts can be used on any Hound once acquired.
Before players can craft a Hound, they must first obtain the blueprints for the parts they desire from vanquishing Sisters of Parvos, after which these parts must then be constructed at the Foundry. Some of these components require Spectral Debris, which only drops from Errant Specters.
Once the component parts have been crafted, players must return to Legs and select the Configure a Hound Companion option. Here, players must choose the crafted components they have available to form the Hound. Once a Model, Core, Bracket, and Stabilizer are selected, the player will be shown a preview of the Hound's appearance, along with the Hound's stats. If the Hound is satisfactory, players can then proceed with the Build Hound action, which will instantly craft the Hound for 4,000. A player must have two Companion Slots available to claim a Hound, one for the Hound itself and one for the weapon its Model comes with. Players can also use the Configure screen to preview builds of Hound components they do not yet own.
Once built, a Hound cannot be disassembled to return its component parts.
In order to fully unlock all of a Hound's features, players must gild their Hound. To gild a Hound, players must have a reputation rank of at least Doer with Solaris United, and the desired Hound must first be leveled up to Rank 30. Afterwards, players must return to Legs and select the Gild option under Other Services, which will cost 10 Training Debt-Bonds and 5,000. Upon gilding the Hound, players will be asked to first add a Polarity to the Hound, and then finally give it a custom name. This process will reset the Hound's level back to Rank 0.
A Gilded Hound will have all of the functionality available to other companions, and it will have enhanced stats over the newly-built version of the Hound. A Hound will only give Mastery Rank points once gilded.Visually, the Gilded Hound will have a modified appearance over a newly-built one, sporting a gray coat of paint as opposed to a brown one.
- Unclaimed pre-built Sister Hounds in the Foundry can be sold directly for 20,000.
- Hound component blueprints can be traded between players.
- Hounds can only equip the melee weapons they come with: , , and .
- Companion Hounds do not have the hologram progenitor Warframe heads unlike Sister Hounds.
- Hounds have to be gilded to earn Mastery Rank points, with their progression tied to the Hound's Model alone. For example, if a player levels up a Gilded Hound crafted with the Bhaira Model to 30, any future Hounds forged using the Bhaira Model will no longer provide Mastery regardless of what combination of Cores, Brackets, and Stabilizers they have.
- As there are three Models currently available, the maximum amount of Mastery Rank points that can be earned from Hound crafting is 18,000.
- With 3 Models, 3 Cores, 3 Brackets, and 3 Stabilizers, there are currently a total of 81 possible Hound combinations available.
- Custom names for Hounds have a 24 character limit including spaces, and will not accept special characters like commas (,) or apostrophes ('), though hyphens ( - ) are accepted.
- Names can also not include any profanities such as swear words.
- Rank 30 Hounds or Gilded Hounds can be donated to Legs in exchange for 4,000 and 8,000 Solaris United Standing respectively.
- Hounds are considered "pets" for unlocking certain Riven Mods.
- Hounds can be equipped with Companion and/or Robotic mods, some of which were formerly exclusive to other types of Companions:
- Hounds share Robotic mods, namely , , , , , and , with Sentinels.
- Hounds can use , , , and , like Kubrows and Kavats, as well as the Sentinel mods , and . However, two mods that affect the same stat (e.g. Link Health and Enhanced Vitality both of which affect health) cannot be used together.
- Hounds will automatically attack enemies like Companions, not requiring the mod to use their weapon. They also do not require a weapon equipped to attack.
- Like Sentinels, Hounds start with four polarities.
- Nine Hound Precept mods were released with the 3 Hound companions (each Hound Model, Bracket, and Stabilizer comes with one specific Precept mod):
- The Bhaira Model comes with the Precept.
- The Dorma Model comes with the Precept.
- The Hec Model comes with the Precept.
- The Cela Bracket comes with the Precept.
- The Urga Bracket comes with the Precept.
- The Zubb Bracket comes with the Precept.
- The Frak Stabilizer comes with the Precept.
- The Hinta Stabilizer comes with the Precept.
- The Wanz Stabilizer comes with the Precept.
- Unlike the Precept mods obtained from other Companions, the Precepts obtained by building a Hound companion can be equipped on any Hound Companion.
- Each Hound can only equip one Audit, one Denial, and one Prospectus Precept.
- 's passive has no effect on Hounds.
- Zaw, melee modular weapons.
- Kitgun, primary and secondary modular weapons.
- Amp, Operator modular weapons.
- K-Drive, modular vehicles.
- MOA (Companion), modular MOA companions.
- Predasite, modular Kubrow-like companions.
- Vulpaphyla, modular Kavat-like companions.
|Sentinel|| (Prime) • (Prime) • • • (Prime)|
• • (Prisma) • • (Prime)
|MOA||• • •|
|Kubrow|| • • |
|Kavat||• • •|