The Hind is a Grineer burst rifle used by their Elite Lancers. It fires five-round bursts while maintaining a low recoil allowing all rounds fired to land very close to one another, but has poor critical stats. Pressing Alternate Fire shoots single rounds with higher damage per bullet and critical stats but lower status.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon primarily deals Slash damage.
- High Slash damage – effective against health.
- Semi-auto fire has good critical chance.
- Burst-fire has good status chance.
- High accuracy.
- Large magazine size.
- Highest number of shots per burst out of all burst-fire rifles.
- Burst-fire has low recoil.
- Innate polarity.
- Low Impact and Puncture – less effective against shields and armor.
- Burst-fire mode:
- Tied with Burston and Kuva Hind for the lowest base damage per bullet of all burst-fire rifles.
- Very low critical chance.
- Low critical multiplier.
- Linearly less efficient – sometimes a target may only die with six bullets, which requires an entire second burst to be fired. However, this can be circumvented by using the semi-auto single shot.
- Semi-auto mode:
- Hind, compared to Kuva Hind:
- Lower secondary attack damage (60.0 vs. 90.0)
- Lower secondary mode critical chance (15% vs. 37%)
- Lower secondary mode critical multiplier (2x vs. 2.9x)
- Lower secondary mode status chance (10% vs. 21%)
- Lower primary critical chance (7% vs. 25%)
- Lower primary critical multiplier (1.5x vs. 2.1x)
- Lower primary status chance (15% vs. 33%)
- Lower fire rate (6.25 rounds/sec vs. 9.09 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (65 rounds vs. 90 rounds)
- Faster reload speed (2 s vs. 2.3 s)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (0 vs. 15)
- Higher disposition (1.42 vs. 1)
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The Hind's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:40,000|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This weapon was introduced in Update 9.6.
- Mods that affect fire rate will also affect the burst rate, making the Hind very deadly with mods that increase the firerate, and even more so with the addition of punch through.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- New players who prefer burst fire but cannot afford this weapon's heavy building cost should stick with the Burston until they have enough resources.
- The Hind is made significantly better against enemy groups with the addition of Shred or Metal Auger.
- Stabilizer effectively reduces the recoil on every burst giving it more pin point precision over long distances or for better headshots.
- If one does not have Stabilizer or does not wish to install the Mod, a better alternative is moving the mouse down to combat the recoil when firing.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Hind is one of the Grineer weapons to be showcased in the Chemical Lab.
- The Hind probably derives its name from the NATO reporting name for the famous Mil Mi-24 helicopter gunship/troop transport. Other probable sources of the weapon's name include:
- The Hind is one of the few Grineer weapons that are not focused on Impact damage, and instead focused mostly on Slash. This makes them the least effective gun unit in the Grineer arsenal at taking down shields and punching through armor, while being better equipped against the Infested or Corpus enemies with shields down.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Elite Lancers, the Grineer unit that uses this weapon.
- Kuva Hind, the Kuva Lich counterpart of this weapon.