“Market forces dictate that you need to evolve or die.”The Void Relics for this item have been removed from the drop tables at this time and are no longer available.
The Hikou Prime is the Primed variant of the Hikou throwing stars, featuring higher damage, status chance, magazine, and faster reload speed, at some expense to fire rate. It was released alongside Nyx Prime and Scindo Prime.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Puncture damage – effective against armor.
- Very high status chance.
- Second highest fire rate of all throwing-type secondaries, behind normal Hikou.
- Fastest reload speed of all throwing-type secondaries.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Innate two polarities.
- Works well with Concealed Explosives, considering its high fire rate and ammo capacity.
- Second lowest base damage of all throwing-type secondaries, after Hikou.
- Very low critical chance.
- Below average critical multiplier.
- Projectiles have travel time with arcing.
- Very low ammo efficiency.
- Hikou Prime, compared to Hikou:
- Higher base damage (36.0 vs. 26.0)
- Higher critical chance (6% vs. 4%)
- Higher critical multiplier (1.8x vs. 1.6x)
- Higher status chance (28% vs. 10%)
- Lower fire rate (5.83 rounds/sec vs. 6.67 rounds/sec)
- Larger magazine (26 rounds vs. 20 rounds)
- Faster reload speed (0.5 s vs. 0.75 s)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (4 vs. 2)
- Lower disposition (1.25 vs. 1.3)
Hikou Prime's main and component blueprints are acquired from the following Void Relics.
|Lith S1 Common (V)
Meso N2 Common (V)
Neo R1 Common (V)
|Meso N6 Common (V)
Axi K1 Common (V)
Axi V2 Common (V)
|Lith F2 Common (V)|
Neo N1 Common (V)
Axi S3 Common (V)
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
Vaultings[edit | edit source]
- On August 9th, 2016, it was announced that Hikou Prime, alongside Nyx Prime and Scindo Prime, would enter the Prime Vault and be retired from the reward tables on August 23rd, 2016. Any preexisting components, relics or fully-built weapons will remain as is.
- Hikou Prime, along with Nyx Prime, Scindo Prime, Rhino Prime, Boltor Prime, and Ankyros Prime, was unvaulted on July 24, 2018 to September 25, 2018.
- The same line-up was unvaulted again from July 16th, 2019 to September 3rd, 2019.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Hikou Prime can ricochet (rarely) off surfaces, as floors and walls. Ricocheted shots can damage and kill whoever gets in the way.
Tips[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Make sure to adjust your aim for moving targets, both vertically and horizontally.
- Combining both Pistol Multishot Mods, ( Barrel Diffusion and Lethal Torrent), as well as the Corrupted Mod, Magnum Force, allows for easier barrages against mobile/running Targets.
- When using at a distance, aim above the enemy to adjust for Hikou Prime's arc.
- High proc rate means that Cold mods are more likely to slow enemies, making them easier to hit with further attacks.
- Using a Pistol Ammo Mutation or Primed Pistol Ammo Mutation mod can help regain lost ammo when needed.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- As with all thrown sidearms, when performing a Jump Kick your frame will hold the Hikou Prime as dual pistols. Upon hitting the ground and sliding, this will quickly switch back to as it should be.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Hikou (Hikō or 飛行 ) in Japanese means "flight."
- The Hikou are based off the Japanese throwing stars from ninjutsu tradition. Throwing stars were primarily used as distractions, and were often called the "invisible blades" due to a thrown star being able to cut enemies unseen from any direction.
Media[edit | edit source]
Hikou Prime Skins
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Hotfix 22.20.9
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Hikou, the original counterpart of this weapon.
- Kunai, another thrown secondary.
- Despair, another thrown secondary, used by the Stalker.