- High damage – effective against armor.
- Very high status chance.
- Second highest fire rate of all throwing-type secondaries, behind normal .
- Fastest reload speed of all throwing-type secondaries.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Innate two polarities.
- Works well with , considering its high fire rate and ammo capacity.
- Second lowest base damage of all throwing-type secondaries, after .
- Very low critical chance.
- Below average critical multiplier.
- Projectiles have travel time with arcing.
- Very low ammo efficiency.
Comparisons:Lua error in Module:Weapons at line 1122: attempt to perform arithmetic on a string value.
Hikou Prime's main and component blueprints are acquired from the following Void Relics.
|Axi S8 Common
Lith S1 Common (V)
Meso N2 Common (V)
Neo R1 Common (V)
|Lith C7 Common
Axi K1 Common (V)
Axi V2 Common (V)
Meso N6 Common (V)
|Axi V10 Common|
Axi S3 Common (V)
Lith F2 Common (V)
Neo N1 Common (V)
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
- On August 9th, 2016, it was announced that Hikou Prime, alongside and , would enter the Prime Vault and be retired from the reward tables on August 23rd, 2016. Any preexisting components, relics or fully-built weapons will remain as is.
- Hikou Prime, along with , , , , and , was unvaulted on July 24, 2018 to September 25, 2018.
- The same line-up was unvaulted again from July 16th, 2019 to September 3rd, 2019.
- Hikou Prime's relics were permanently unvaulted as of Update 29.10 (2021-03-19), being only obtainable through Abandoned Derelict Caches in Corpus Railjack missions.
- The Hikou Prime can ricochet (rarely) off surfaces, as floors and walls. Ricocheted shots can damage and kill whoever gets in the way.
- Make sure to adjust your aim for moving targets, both vertically and horizontally.
- Combining both Pistol Multishot Mods, ( and ), as well as the Corrupted Mod, , allows for easier barrages against mobile/running Targets.
- When using at a distance, aim above the enemy to adjust for Hikou Prime's arc.
- High proc rate means that mods are more likely to slow enemies, making them easier to hit with further attacks.
- Using a or mod can help regain lost ammo when needed.
- As with all thrown sidearms, when performing a Jump Kick your frame will hold the Hikou Prime as dual pistols. Upon hitting the ground and sliding, this will quickly switch back to as it should be.
- Hikou (Hikō or 飛行 ) in Japanese means "flight."
- The Hikou are based off the Japanese throwing stars from ninjutsu tradition. Throwing stars were primarily used as distractions, and were often called the "invisible blades" due to a thrown star being able to cut enemies unseen from any direction.
Hikou Prime Skins
Last updated: Hotfix 22.20.9 (2018-06-07)
- , the original counterpart of this weapon.
- , another thrown secondary.
- , another thrown secondary, used by the Stalker.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|