“Market forces dictate that you need to evolve or die.”This item has been removed from the Void Relic drop tables at this time and is no longer available.
On August 9th, 2016, it was announced that Hikou Prime would enter the Prime Vault and be retired from the reward tables on August 23rd, 2016. Any preexisting components, relics or fully-built weapons will remain as is.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- Second highest fire rate of all throwing-type secondaries, behind normal Hikou.
- Fastest reload speed of all throwing-type secondaries.
- Very high status chance.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Two polarity slots.
- Works well with Concealed Explosives, considering its high fire rate and ammo capacity.
- Second lowest base damage of all throwing-type secondaries.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Projectiles travel in an arc, making it hard to hit at longer ranges and achieve headshots.
- Very low ammo efficiency.
- Very low critical chance.
- Below average critical multiplier.
- Hikou Prime, compared to Hikou:
- Higher base damage (36.0 vs. 26.0)
- Higher critical chance (6% vs. 4%)
- Higher critical multiplier (1.8x vs. 1.6x)
- Higher status chance (28% vs. 10%)
- Lower fire rate (5.83 rounds/sec vs. 6.67 rounds/sec)
- Larger magazine (26 rounds vs. 20 rounds)
- Faster reload speed (0.5 s vs. 0.75 s)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (4 vs. 2)
- See Category:Hikou Prime Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Hikou Prime Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Hikou Prime can ricochet (rarely) off surfaces, as floors and walls. Ricocheted shots can damage and kill whoever gets in the way.
- The Hikou Prime can pass through Volt's Electric Shield.
- Make sure to adjust your aim for moving targets, both vertically and horizontally.
- Combining both Pistol Multishot Mods, (Barrel Diffusion and Lethal Torrent), as well as the Corrupted Mod, Magnum Force, allows for easier barrages against mobile/running Targets.
- When using at a distance, aim above the enemy to adjust for Hikou Prime's arc.
- High proc rate means that Cold mods are more likely to slow enemies, making them easier to hit with further attacks.
- Using a Pistol Ammo Mutation or Primed Pistol Ammo Mutation mod can help regain lost ammo when needed.
- As with all thrown sidearms, when performing a Jump Kick your frame will hold the Hikou Prime as dual pistols. Upon hitting the ground and sliding, this will quickly switch back to as it should be.
- Hikou (Hikō or 飛行 ) in Japanese means "flight."
- The Hikou are based off the Japanese throwing stars from ninjutsu tradition. Throwing stars were primarily used as distractions, and were often called the "invisible blades" due to a thrown star being able to cut enemies unseen from any direction.
- Hikou, the original counterpart of this weapon.
- Kunai, another thrown secondary.
- Despair, another thrown secondary, used by the Stalker.