The Hikou are a set of shurikens released in Update 9.0. It has a lower base damage than the and , but a higher fire rate and base magazine size. Like its counterparts, it can also be hard to aim with because of its arrow-like arc projection.
This weapon can be sold for 5,000; it is also a requisite ingredient for the .
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- High damage – effective against armor.
- Very high reload speed.
- Highest fire rate of all throwing-type secondaries.
- Two polarity slots.
- Works well with , considering its high fire rate and ammo capacity.
- Lowest base damage of all throwing-type secondaries.
- Low critical chance and damage.
- Low status chance.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Projectiles travel in an arc, making it hard to hit at longer ranges and achieve headshots.
- Very low ammo efficiency.
- Hikou, compared to Hikou Prime:
- Lower base damage (26 vs. 36)
- Lower critical chance (4% vs. 6%)
- Lower critical multiplier (1.6x vs. 1.8x)
- Lower status chance (10% vs. 28%)
- Higher fire rate (6.67 rounds/sec vs. 5.83 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (20 rounds vs. 26 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (0.75 s vs. 0.5 s)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (2 vs. 4)
- Higher disposition (1.3 vs. 1.25)
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The Hikou's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:15,000|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Hikou can ricochet (rarely) off surfaces, as floors and walls. Ricocheted shots can damage and kill whoever gets in the way.
- The Hikou are quite similar to the , the main difference being about half the damage for twice the fire rate. Regarding this, Hikou are slightly superior, dealing 5 more damage per two thrown, which would equal 1 Kunai in terms for rate of fire. In other words, the Hikou trades a slight DPS upgrade for ammo economy when compared to the Kunai. Note that they both share a 210 size spare ammo capacity, so the Hikou is slightly worse for wear.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Make sure to adjust your aim for moving targets.
- When using at a distance aim above the enemy to adjust for Hikou's arc.
- Using the mod can help regain lost ammo when needed.
- Alternatively, bring along a Squad Ammo Restore.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Hikou (Hikō or 飛行 ) in Japanese means "flight."
- The Hikou are based off the Japanese throwing stars from ninjutsu tradition. Throwing stars were primarily used as distractions, and were often called the "invisible blades" due to a thrown star being able to cut enemies unseen from any direction.
- The Hikou are the first throwing weapon secondary to receive a prime variant.
- The Hikou share at least two common traits with the and , all three are secondary throwing type weapons, and all weapons have a damage focus mainly on Puncture damage.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Hotfix 22.20.9
See Also[edit | edit source]
- , the Prime version of this weapon.
- , another thrown secondary.
- , another thrown secondary, used by the Stalker.
- , a weapon crafted from the Hikou.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|