Hexenon is a resource of Corpus origin, a byproduct of the gas extraction process of Jupiter's refineries. It can be acquired from any enemies or loot caches as well as Extractor drones on Jupiter, or as a potential reward through Disruption.
Blueprints Requiring HexenonEdit
- It is also used in Operation: Hostile Mergers clan trophies.
- There is no resource deposit variant for Hexenon.
- This resource cannot be bought for Platinum at the Market.
- Hexenon can be effectively farmed from the Cameria or Sinai nodes on Jupiter. Due to being a Dark Sectors mission, this particular node has a +20% Resource Drop Rate with the enemy type changed to Infested. Players will not encounter Corpus Nullifiers that hinder resource farming abilities such as Hydroid's Pilfering Swarm, Nekros' Desecrate, and Khora's Pilfering Strangledome.
- Hexenon can be farmed from Amalgam enemies (~7.2% drop chance), which continuously spawn during Disruption missions and also sometimes in the defense mission Io.
- The easiest way to get Hexenon (At least in small amounts) is also the most passive: Extractors. Using a Titan Extractor, you have roughly a 38% chance to get around 60-80 Hexenon, since it is in fact a common resource. This can be done every 4 hours.
- The name "hexenon" might be based off 2-hexanone, a neurotoxic ketone of hexane, which can appear as a bright yellow liquid.
- It may also be derived from a combination of xenon and the chemical symbol for helium (He), both noble gases, fitting for a resource introduced alongside the Corpus Gas City redesign.
- However, Hexenon is described as highly combustible, and both these gases are inert.
- Another possible origin for the name is it being a scientific-sounding composite of greek "hexa" for "six" and latin "nonus" for "nine" resulting in 69, referencing the community's efforts to keep instance 69 of Fortuna and Cetus going.
Last updated: Hotfix 25.0.8