The Helstrum is a robotic launcher weapon that burst-fires four small homing missiles that explode and deal damage. This weapon accepts rifle mods.
- High damage – effective against shields.
- Second highest status chance of all sentinel weapons, behind .
- Shots explode in a 3 meter radius on impact with a surface or enemy.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Innate polarity.
- Missiles will home in on a target that the sentinel aims at.
- No damage – less effective against health.
- Explosion has innate damage – less effective against Proto Shield.
- Low critical chance.
- Low critical multiplier.
- Low fire rate.
- Explosion has linear damage falloff from 100% to 75% from central impact.
- Projectiles have travel time with slow speed.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price: 10,000|
- Fires in a quick 4-round burst, but then has a burst cycle time of 4 times the inverse of the Firing Rate, otherwise known as the Seconds Per Shot. The delay in seconds between the first shot of each burst = 4 / (modified firing rate), e.g. with a maxed the cycle time is 4/(0.91 x (1 + 0.6)) = 2.75 seconds between bursts. The default rate is one burst every 4.4 seconds.
- Missiles have homing properties, allowing the whole salvo to reliably hit small and/or agile targets such as Ospreys.
- In the event the target dies before the missiles reach it, the missiles will continue to travel in a straight line.
- Given the homing properties, it can accurately land hits even when equipped on a very long range companion like Diriga using , however the long travel time in this situation can still cause difficulties since the enemy may have time to move and get a terrain obstacle between it and the missiles at a safe distance.
- Note that MOAs will 'lose interest' in a target if the player does not continue to target it. This appears to happen faster than with other companions, with MOAs firing, on average, three bursts, and sentinels firing approximately five before losing interest.
- and will increase the small blast radius on impact, increasing it to almost 5 meters with the Primed version.
- With the Helstrum's very low base damage/crit stats but good status chance, it can be built into an extremely effective Status Effect inflictor if raw damage-per-shot is ignored completely.
- It is not difficult to have the Helstrum simultaneously surpass 100% status chance, have 2 additional elements (including both being combination elements by adding all four base element types) and then filling the remainder of available mod slots with the best multishot and fire rate mods you have available. Building for and will allow for good crowd control and assist in boosting damage from Viral, but with for heavy armor removal and crowd control or with for a combination of armor removal, health damage boost, and crowd control are also good options.
Last updated: Update 28.0 (2020-06-11)
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|