The Hek is a Grineer shotgun that deals very high damage, particularly known for its relatively narrow cone compared to other shotguns. Due to this relatively tight spread, the Hek is also able to perform with greater success at more moderate ranges, regardless of pellet/ projectile falloff. However, the Hek does trade its raw power and relative focused fire for its small magazine size, and generally limited crowd-control ability.
- High damage – effective against armor.
- Very high overall status chance.
- Tied with , , , and for the third narrowest pellet spread of all shotguns, behind and .
- Innate multishot of 7 pellets.
- Can equip the Hek-exclusive mod.
- Lower and damage – less effective against Shields and Flesh.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 20% from 10m to 20m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Low critical chance.
- Small magazine size.
- High recoil.
- May miss enemies at point-blank range due to the length of the barrels.
- Hek (attack: Normal), compared to Vaykor Hek (attack: Normal):
- Lower base critical chance (10% vs. 25%)
- Lower average damage per shot (max Progenitor bonus if applicable) (577.5 vs. 656.25)
- Lower burst DPS (max Progenitor bonus if applicable) (1,253.18 vs. 1,968.75)
- Lower sustained DPS (max Progenitor bonus if applicable) (601.04 vs. 1,067.8)
- Closer ending damage falloff distance (20m vs. 25m)
- Greater max damage reduction at ending falloff distance (80% vs. 73.33%)
- Lower fire rate (2.17 round(s)/sec vs. 3 round(s)/sec)
- Smaller magazine (4 round(s) vs. 8 round(s))
- Faster reload time (2 s vs. 2.25 s)
- Different polarities (None vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (4 vs. 12)
- Higher disposition (1.2 vs. 1.1)
- Lack of an innate Justice effect
- Hek (attack: Normal), compared to Kuva Hek (attack: Normal):
- Lower base damage (75 vs. 108.75)
- Lower damage (11.25 vs. 13.1)
- Lower damage (48.75 vs. 56.5)
- Lower damage (15 vs. 17.4)
- Lower [[Lich System/Progenitor| ]] damage (0 vs. 21.75)
- Lower total damage (525 vs. 761.25)
- Lower base critical chance (10% vs. 23%)
- Lower base critical multiplier (2x vs. 2.1x)
- Lower base status chance (10.7% vs. 13%)
- Lower average damage per shot (max Progenitor bonus if applicable) (577.5 vs. 1,220.92)
- Lower burst DPS (max Progenitor bonus if applicable) (1,253.18 vs. 2,649.4)
- Lower sustained DPS (max Progenitor bonus if applicable) (601.04 vs. 1,270.7)
- Closer starting damage falloff distance (10m vs. 15m)
- Closer ending damage falloff distance (20m vs. 30m)
- Lesser max damage reduction at ending falloff distance (80% vs. 82.8%)
- More accurate (9.1 vs. 9.09)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (4 vs. 15)
- Higher disposition (1.2 vs. 0.5)
- Lower base damage (75 vs. 108.75)
The Hek's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:25,000|
- Along with the and , the Hek is able to use more efficiently than other shotguns due to being its primary damage, which is uncommon among weapons in its class.
- Using the mod can help regain ammo when needed, although not as often as the full auto shotguns.
- The weapon's spread cone can be shrunk by zooming in, as with all shotguns.
- Equipping both and will give the Hek +320% Multishot, giving it an impressive 29 pellets per shot with a 40% chance of firing a 30th pellet. This greatly improves the Hek's damage and status chance.
- This weapon seems to be modeled on the main weapon of Councilor Vay Hek's Terra Frame, which fires rockets as opposed to shotgun shells. This has caused speculation as to whether the Councilor himself is merely the shotgun's namesake, or otherwise responsible for designing/commissioning it.
- The magazine for the Hek is the cylindrical 'handle' sticking out of the side of the bottom right barrel. This raises questions as to how the shells are actually loaded into each barrel.
- It is possible that the barrel it is attached to is a tubular feeding system and not for firing, and that the other three barrels actually fire.
- The Hek received a minor visual update in Hotfix 13.4.1 (2014-05-23), which added weathering and other textures to the weapon to make it look more worn and aged, putting it in line with other Grineer weapons.
- The Hek was named during a livestream. When one of the developers asked what the shotgun should be called, the other developer on stream stubbed his toe and yelled 'Hek', which led to the naming of this shotgun.
- The Hek has a striking resemblance to a 1960s quad-barrel shotgun prototype.
Last updated: Hotfix 18.13.2 (2016-06-01)
- Councilor Vay Hek, a Grineer boss who uses an oversized version of this weapon, and may have invented it.
- Vem Tabook, the leader of The Grustrag Three, uses a modified version of the Hek.
- , a Hek exclusive Syndicate mod.
- , the Steel Meridian counterpart of this weapon.
- , the Kuva counterpart of this weapon.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|