|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash damage – effective against health.
- Highest status chance of all single swords.
- Slam attacks deal Heat damage in a large AoE with a very high chance to proc.
- Finisher attack deals Heat damage with 50% proc chance.
- Stance slot has a polarity, which matches Crimson Dervish, Swooping Falcon and Vengeful Revenant stances.
- Innate polarity slot.
- Low Impact and Puncture damage – ineffective against shields and armor.
- Heat damage is ineffective against Proto Shields.
- Does not deal Heat damage on regular attacks.
- Very low critical chance.
- Low critical multiplier.
- Below average attack speed.
- See Category:Heat Sword Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Heat Sword Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The polarity slot works well with Molten Impact to give the weapon's melee attacks innate Heat damage.
- High Slash damage and Heat damage slam attack make it very effective against Infested and Cloned Flesh.
- You can receive a free Heat Sword with a weapon slot and an Orokin Catalyst by using code FREESWORD in market.
- Condition Overload is highly recommended to take advantage of this weapon's high status chance and ability to proc Heat against enemies, greatly increasing its damage into the several hundreds if properly modded.
- As with all broadswords, using the Heat Sword with Excalibur is advised in order to increase the weapon's damage and swing speed.
- While the weapon's base damage composition and slam attack effect already make it effective against Infested enemies, one can add Virulent Scourge or (Primed) Fever Strike together with Molten Impact or Volcanic Edge to create Gas damage and further increase this effectiveness.
- The last swing of Iron Phoenix's "Taking Flight" combo will trigger the weapon's slam attack and, thus, proc Heat against all enemies in range, allowing you to ignite enemies seamlessly without needing to jump and actually perform a slam if this stance is equipped. The mismatched polarities may discourage this, however, unless one is willing to expend a Forma.
- Jump attacks will make the Heat Sword emit a visible ring of fire upon slamming the ground. This visual trait is shared with other Heat weapons like the Heat Dagger, Dual Heat Swords, and formerly, Sheev.
- The Heat Sword received a visual change in Update 16.5, giving it a faded color scheme with texture animations similar to those found in Prisma weapons.
- The Ember statue in the Strata Relay is holding a Heat Sword on its right hand.
Heat Sword Skins
Last updated: Hotfix 22.19.1
- Alert, the way you acquire the Heat Sword.
- Heat Dagger, the dagger version.
- Dual Heat Swords, the dual version.