Heart of Deimos is an optional solo-only quest released in Update 29.0 (2020-08-25), introducing the Cambion Drift Landscape that has been overrun by the Infested and the Entrati Orokin family that seeks to maintain the Heart of Deimos. Completing this quest awards the blueprint for .
After completing the Earth to Mars Junction, the player will receive an inbox message from Loid, a Cephalon servant to the Entrati, requesting the Tenno's assistance on Cambion Drift, Deimos. The quest can then be initiated in the Codex.
Visit Cambion Drift
As soon as the Tenno land on Cambion Drift, they are greeted by Loid, the sender of the distress signal, and Otak, another Cephalon that shares the same body with Loid. Loid explains that the Infestation's Grey Strain has overrun Deimos, threatening to compromise its very Heart. For the Tenno to enter the Necralisk and meet with Mother, they are required to prove themselves.
The player is directed to destroy two nearby Infested Hives. Damaging a hive will spawn Infested, all of which must be exterminated before the hive can be destroyed. After destroying both hives, Loid allows the Tenno to enter the Necralisk.
There, the Tenno meet the Entrati, an Orokin family that researched the Void, now all partly Infested. Mother allows the player to ask her three questions: "Orokin thug?", "Are you Infested?", and "The Heart?", which can be asked in any order but all three are required to advance. In the process, Mother explains that the Heart is her father's family legacy that "pumps the arteries" from the Void to power Orokin devices, including Warframes. The Infested managed to infect the Entrati family, with its hive mind threatening to stop the Heart's beating. The only one who knows how to fix the Heart is Father, who had left the family.
Locate Father Within the Cambion Drift
Returning to the Cambion Drift, the Tenno encounter a Necramech, an Entrati combat platform used during the Old War, which Loid believes to belong to Father. The Necramech is already in combat with the Infested, making one final stand before eventually bleeding out and dying.
After the Necramech dies, the Tenno must search the area for Father. He applauds their combat readiness, but due to his estranged relationship with Mother he does not believe the Heart is breaking down and adamantly refuses to help. Loid suggests the Tenno head back to the Necralisk to speak with Daughter.
Back at the Necralisk, Daughter agrees to help if they assist her in return.
The Exocrine Expedition
Daughter wants to rebuild her sample collection that her brother destroyed. Shortly after entering the Cambion Drift, the Tenno are introduced to Fass, the orange wyrm that appears in the background. His twin sister, the blue wyrm Vome, rises in the opposite end and fires a laser that destroys Fass, causing Fass Residue to litter the Cambion Drift. Daughter explains that Fass will eventually regenerate and exact revenge, repeating the cycle.
The Tenno must collect at least 10 Fass Residue. The impact zone of Fass's remains creates some minor static distortions in the HUD. The Residue act like Fishing Bait; the fishes in the Cambion Drift swim out of the exocrine and float around in the air, however the player's own fishing spear cannot penetrate the viscous surfaces of the exocrine. The Tenno must fish for 3 specimen before returning to the Necralisk.
A group of Infested lie in wait to ambush the Tenno outside the Necralisk; Loid refuses to open the doors until they are exterminated.
Daughter explains she remembers a present for one of her birthdays, and asks the player to guess what they think the present was: "A fish?", "Something sweet?", or "I don't know..." Regardless of the guess, Daughter tells the Tenno that she received her collection back in a destroyed form from Son, and warns them to be wary of him when they venture to the Heart.
Descent to the Heart
Just outside of the Necralisk is an Esophage that will take the Tenno to the cave system that contains the Heart. Along the way, they meet Son, the disowned Entrati member who unleashed the Grey Strain on Deimos in an attempt to gain attention from his parents.
The door guarding the Heart contains a Requiem Cipher, locked by four Requiem symbols on its panel. The player is only given a brief moment to memorize the pattern before interacting with the nearby Reactive Crystals, in the order of the symbols from top to bottom, but can retry as many times as needed until the door opens. As the Tenno approach the Heart, it releases a pulse that abruptly disables the player's Warframe. A rogue Necramech emerges from the Void door and opens fire on them before destroying the Heart.
Without the Heart, the Warframe has lost most of its power and remains barely functional: the HUD is covered in static, their shields are depleted and their health severely reduced, all of their weapons are disabled, and they can no longer able to use their abilities, as well as slide and bullet jump. The player must return to the surface while carefully avoiding the patrolling Necramechs, although they will immediately respawn if killed making it impossible to fail. Once they return to the surface, they must take the Esophage back to the Necralisk.
BUG: Upon returning to Necralisk, the player is tasked to "Follow Loid", however the game may display the yellow destination icon on top of a pedestal outside of Mother, in which case if player reaches it - nothing will happen. To work around the bug, the player needs to exit and reenter the Necralisk and verify that the yellow destination icon is shown on a wall in a room to the left of Mother.
The Entrati family realizes they need to unite to restore the Heart. Father has something to prepare for the Tenno's descent: a Voidrig Necramech, dubbed Snake.
Through, and Beyond
Father proceeds to guide the Tenno through their first Necramech control, but Mother insists they don't have time and they'll just have to learn as they go.
- The Voidrig Necramech has 1,000 shields and 3,000 health.
- The is a fully automatic Arch-gun with 300 rounds, and recharges when not in use. It possesses an Alternate Fire that can be used after 5 primary fire kills, charging a destructive explosive laser.
- The Necramech's melee is a slow arm swipe that does moderate damage and knocks back enemies.
- The Necramech uses a charge as its slide, and can hover during an aim glide. Both actions, along with sprinting, use the Engine Gauge, which slowly replenishes when not in use.
- The Necramech has three abilities that gradually unlock as the player progresses the mission.
- The first ability, Necraweb, deploys a canister that can be thrown with Alternate Fire, creating a large explosion when shot out of the air.
- The second ability, Storm Shroud, provides an electrical damage buffer that grants a brief invulnerability period and converts any taken damage to increase the damage buffer's health similar to , and reflects damage to enemies striking it.
- The third ability, Gravemines, launches a cluster of mines around the Necramech that explode.
- The player will respawn if they die, making it impossible to fail the mission.
Waves of Infested will attempt to impede the Tenno's progress as they reach the Heart, including three Infested Hives. After destroying all hives, the five panels on the ground will light up and float when stood on, and the Necramech will auto-equip an Omni to patch the fires surrounding the Heart.
With the Heart patched, Mother successfully restarts the Heart, but the enemy Necramech reemerges from the opened Void. The enemy Necramech is only vulnerable to its shoulder joints, its skull-like face plating, and the blue Void scar on its back, with the former blasting off its arms and removing its ability to use guns and melee. After the enemy Necramech is defeated, the Tenno's Necramech will exhaust itself and collapse. With the job completed, they are sent back to their Warframe and are cleared to return to the Necralisk.
Back in the Necralisk, the Tenno meet Grandmother, who notes that the Entrati, despite its dysfunctional family members, will come together in a crisis. The dialogue prompt "Wait... did you?" and Grandmother's sarcastic rebuff heavily implies that Grandmother caused the events surrounding the Heart's destruction to unite the family. She awards the Tenno the blueprint for the Warframe, a "family of themselves", and the Deimos Necralisk Captura Scene.
The Entrati syndicate is now available, with Mother offering Bounties, Father selling unique weapons, Daughter with fishing, Son with wildlife conservation, Otak with mining, and Grandmother with standing transaction and selling unique Captura Scenes and Orbiter Decorations.
The player will also receive an inbox message containing blueprints for the Voidrig, Voidrig Casing, Voidrig Engine, Voidrig Capsule, and Voidrig Weapon Pod.
- Players who already have a fully built prior to completion of this quest will additionally receive a Riven Mod.
- Despite being an optional quest, owning a Necramech, either from completion of this quest to obtain the blueprints from the Necralisk or purchasing a fully built one with Platinum, is required for The New War.
- Father's Necramech named Snake, along with Father shouting "Snake? SNAAAAAAKE!!!!" when the player dies in the Necramech is a reference to the Metal Gear Solid series. In this franchise, the protagonist is named Snake, and the mission control characters shout similar lines when Snake dies.
- In the cutscenes with the enemy Necramech, it is shown wielding a , and at one point fires -like full-auto rounds. However, when fought it is armed with a Mausolon instead.
- Players who have not completed The Second Dream before entering the Necraloid backroom adds unique dialogue where Loid mentions that it's "too soon" for the Tenno to pilot a Necramech.
- When meeting the first time with Mother, she tells a dream she had, saying: "--The Wall of Lohk was before us, I had my proofs, my father's. I could hear him... I could hear him tapping... tapping at the Untime door--" This is likely a reference to a line from Edgar Allan Poe's poem The Raven: "[...] While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping, As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.[...]"
|Tenno Awakening||Awakening • Vor's Prize • Once Awake • The Archwing • Stolen Dreams • The New Strange ( ) • Natah|
|Zariman Ten Zero||The Second Dream • The War Within • Chains of Harrow ( ) • Apostasy Prologue • The Sacrifice ( )|
|The New War||Rising Tide • Heart of Deimos ( ) • Prelude to War (Chimera Prologue • Erra • The Maker) • The New War ( )|
|Post-New War||Angels of the Zariman|
|Howl of the Kubrow • A Man of Few Words • Hidden Messages ( ) • The Limbo Theorem ( ) • Patient Zero ( ) • The Jordas Precept ( ) • Sands of Inaros ( ) • The Silver Grove ( ) • The Glast Gambit ( ) • Octavia's Anthem ( ) • Saya's Vigil ( ) • Mask of the Revenant ( ) • Vox Solaris ( ) • The Deadlock Protocol ( ) • Call of the Tempestarii ( ) • The Waverider ( )|
|Story and History|