“It's taking longer than I calculated.”This page is actively being worked on and may not be completely correct. Please assist in making this page accurate.
Missing healing sources from Focus nodes
Health represents how much damage an entity can sustain before becoming incapacitated. Warframes, Kubrows, Kavats, Rescue targets and Alad V will enter "bleedout" upon running out of health, while all other entities will be killed. A Warframe's health is indicated as a red number at the top right of the screen. The health of other entities can be displayed over their heads, should the player aim directly at them. While a Warframe is losing health, the screen's edges will begin to flash red at a pulse. Once the Warframe reaches 10% health or below, a loud, heartbeat-like sound will play, and a slight ringing can be heard. This sound also plays when bleeding out and when dead.
Most attacks will only damage health after the entity's shields have been fully drained, but there are a few exceptions. Toxin damage, which is commonly dealt by units like Toxic Ancients, Toxic Crawlers and Venomous Eximus, will bypass shields and strike the target's health directly, which can also proc a Toxin damage-over-time effect. Viral procs, such as those dealt by Grineer Powerfists, will temporarily halve victim's health (both current and maximum) even if the attack itself is absorbed by shields. True damage from the Bleed status effect (from Slash procs) will also bypass shields.
There are different types of damage which deal reduced or increased numbers against different entities. MOAs, for example, are mostly metal in composition and are not as easily cut open as the flesh of living Crewmen. Hence, MOAs have Robotic health, while Crewmen have Flesh as their health type; Slash effects deal penalized damage to Robot health and bonus damage to Flesh.
There are thirteen health classes in total, but two of them are reserved for shields only and two of them are reserved for armor only—these four act differently from health, and are covered on Shields and Armor pages. The remaining nine health classes are partitioned into the three standard Factions, though both the Corrupted faction and the Tenno themselves borrow from these.
|Faction||Non-Armor Health Classes|
|Infested||Infested||Infested Flesh||Fossilized||Infested Sinew|
|Corrupted||Corrupted units are copies from other factions; they have identical health to their originals.|
The fact that Cloned Flesh differs from Flesh and that both Corpus and Tenno have the latter implies that Tenno are as human as the Corpus, while the Grineer are imperfect replications. Relevant to game mechanics, these two types of health share most vulnerabilities and all resistances, except that cloned flesh is flammable while normal flesh is easily poisoned.
Infested is different from Infested Flesh, even if by name they would seem identical. While you can check the details on their respective pages, know that both are vulnerable to the same types of damage, just resistant to different types; you can most likely use the same weapon loadout to perform against either type.
Increasing Maximum HealthEdit
Like most attribute values, Health is increased by single multiplier formed from effects that additively stack with each other. The health gained from leveling does not interact at all with these multipliers.
Total Health = Base Health × (1 + Modifier) + Health Gain From Leveling
- Base Health refers to the Warframe's health at Rank 0.
- Health Gain From Leveling will be the difference between your rank 30 health and your rank 0 health. Zephyr, for instance, has 450 health at rank 30 but 150 health at rank 0, so her health gain from leveling would be 300 health.
- Vitality and Vigor increase your Modifier by 4.4 and 1.2 at their maximum ranks, respectively. The Physique aura mod increases it by 0.90 at maximum rank. Each additional squad member that brings Physique will increase your Modifier by an additional 0.90, to a maximum 3.6 addition in a four-player mission, which can be further increased with Coaction Drift. Lastly, the bonus from some Arcane helmets contribute to the Modifier of this equation.
- Main article: Category:Healing
Unlike shields, health does not naturally regenerate over time, except when the Rejuvenation aura mod is equipped by at least one member of the squad. Otherwise, damage inflicted upon health must actively be healed either by picking up a Health Orb (and Energy Orbs with Equilibrium) or directly by a few certain Warframe abilities. Trinity and Oberon are the two Warframes with an inherent ability to explicitly restore health to all Warframes within the squad, and Nekros can Desecrate nearby corpses for a chance to spawn more health orbs. A Chroma in Heat can raise both players' current and maximum health temporarily with Elemental Ward, and when the effect runs out, only the maximum health returns to its original value; effectively, the affected players have restored that much health. Additionally, Inaros's Scarab Swarm ability is capable of healing allies that are near enemies being affected by the ability. Some weapons have an innate ability to provide health restore to either self or allies. Hirudo is able to absorb 5% damage of every critical hit dealt on an enemy, and Sancti Magistar is able to heal on charged attack, affecting allies, companions, cryopods and hijack objectives. Heal amount is based on damage dealt, while the healing range is affected by melee weapon range mods, with a baseline of 15 meters.
Depending on Chroma's elemental alignment, an offensive area-of-effect is created. Chroma and his nearby allies are imbued with defensive energy.
|Mend & Maim|
In Night-Form, allies’ Shields are replenished with each nearby enemy killed. In Day-Form, enemies are inflicted with the Bleed Status Effect. Deactivate to cast a wave of slashing force, or restore Health and Shields to Equinox and allies in Night Form.
Energy Drain: 3.5 s-1
Impale an enemy on an altar of talons and siphon health for Garuda and her allies.
|Strength:15 / 17 / 20 / 25 %/s (health per sec)|
|Duration:10 / 15 / 15 / 20 s|
|Range:30 m (pounce range)|
4 / 4.5 / 6 / 8 m (heal radius)
|Misc:8 m (stagger radius)|
1%/s (damage per sec)
3 (limit of active altars)
- Garuda charges to an enemy target within 30 meters, staggering all enemies within a 8 meter radius on reaching her target, then slashing it with a spiralling uppercut that impales the victim upon an altar of talons for 10 / 15 / 15 / 20 seconds. While impaled, the enemy is completely disabled as it stays suspended above the altar helplessly, becomes invulnerable to incoming damage, and bleeds profusely emitting an aura with a 4 / 4.5 / 6 / 8 meter radius; when Garuda or her allies stand within the aura, blood flows from the victim to them, restoring 15% / 17% / 20% / 25% of their missing Health per second, while draining 1% of maximum health per second from the victim. Up to a maximum of 3 altars can be created.
- Pounce range and heal radius are affected by Ability Range.
- Altar duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Health per second is affected by Ability Strength.
- Stagger radius, damage per second and number of max altars are not affected by Mods.
- Health per second is displayed as a buff icon beside the player's shield and health bars.
- Garuda must have sufficient space to land next to the victim to cast this ability.
- Health restored per second is a percentage of the difference between the current and maximum health of the player or NPC being healed. It is not dependent on the enemy's current or maximum health.
- Pressing the ability button (default Status Effects it received will resume their effects.
) while aiming at an enemy impaled by Blood Altar will release the victim early before duration expires. Damage from outside sources inflicted on the victim while it was invulnerable will be dealt in full when it is released, and all
- Garuda does not leap to the target to release it from the altar, instead she performs the action from her current position.
- Casting Blood Altar is a full body animation that relocates Garuda to her target. Releasing a target does not play an animation on Garuda.
- The aura radius is constantly visible to Garuda and her allies.
- Enemies impaled on a Blood Altar visually appears to be covered in blood while they bleed constantly.
- Altar aura and blood stream colors are affected by Garuda's chosen Energy color.
- Can be used to temporarily incapacitate enemies, excluding them from the battle, especially useful with heavy units.
- Due to the percentage health drain it will also make said heavy units easier to kill.
Sacrifice shields to boost reload, and fire rate while converting damage inflicted on enemies into health for Harrow and nearby allies.
|Strength:5% (lifesteal on hit)|
20% / 25% / 30% / 35% (fire rate bonus)
40% / 50% / 60% / 70% (reload speed bonus)
|Duration:4 s (base time)|
1.25 / 1.33 / 1.43 / 1.54 s (bonus per 100 shields)
|Misc:50 m (affinity range)|
- Harrow flagellates himself twice with his thurible, sacrificing all of his shields and Overshields to gain 20% / 25% / 30% / 35% ranged and melee weapons fire rate and 40% / 50% / 60% / 70% reload speed bonuses. While active, 5% of any damage dealt by Harrow to enemies converts into Health for Harrow and allies within his Affinity Range. Penance has a base duration of 4 seconds, plus extra duration of 1.25 / 1.33 / 1.43 / 1.54 seconds for every 100 Shield and Overshields points drained.
- Lifesteal on hit, weapon fire rate, and reload speed bonuses are affected by Ability Strength.
- Base duration and bonus duration are affected by Ability Duration.
- Affinity Range is not affected by Ability Range but is affected by the Mending Unity passive in the Vazarin focus school.
- Casting animation of 2 seconds is affected by Natural Talent and Speed Drift.
- The amount of shields to be drained is determined on activation. Shield points from Condemn will not be drained if gained during Penance's casting animation.
- Each time Harrow flagellates himself, 50% of the total shield points are subtracted.
- While active, stylized art appears beneath the aiming reticle; when a player is healed by Penance, colored text denoting the amount of health healed from damage dealt briefly replaces the art for several seconds. Both visuals are affected by Harrow's Warframe energy color.
- Harrow's wounds on his back from flagellation emit piercing light in his chosen Warframe energy color.
- Casting Penance stops all of Harrow's movement and actions.
- Can be recast while active to stack extra duration to the remaining time, up to a maximum total duration of 120 seconds.
- Mod for a higher shield pool to gain more extra duration for Penance by default.
- Use Condemn to quickly replenish shields and Overshields to fuel Penance' extra duration.
- Build up your shield and Overshield pool again after casting Penance, then recast Penance to stack extra duration onto your remaining time to keep the ability active much longer.
- Guardian, Protect, Brief Respite & Arcane Barrier are useful for this ability as they are capable of restoring Harrow's shields.
- Cast Covenant before or after using Penance to protect yourself from damage when you are at your most vulnerable state.
- The fire rate bonus also affects melee weapons.
- Can reduce recharge delay for Cycron or a Kitgun equipped with Pax Charge, however, it does not affect recharge rate.
Blast enemies with a wave of cursed sand that blinds them and steals their health.
|Strength:75 / 100 / 125 / 150 (damage)|
2 / 4 / 6 / 8 (damage/sec)
|Duration:3 / 5 / 6 / 8 s|
|Range:10 / 12 / 13 / 15 m|
Hold power to trap target in quicksand and draw them in for devouring; this steals health and ultimately creates a friendly Sand Shadow.
|Strength:25 / 50 / 75 / 125 (initial damage)|
50 / 100 / 150 / 250 (max damage)
|Duration:15 / 20 / 25 / 30 s|
|Range:20 / 30 / 40 / 50 m (cast and tether range)|
|Misc:2 s (damage ramp-up)|
5 (damage ticks per second)
≥ 15 s (Sand Shadow duration)
Charge to transform health into hardened scarab armor. Discharge to blast enemies with a scarab swarm; survivors have their health drained and bestowed on allies.
|Strength:100 / 150 / 175 / 200|
|Duration:6 / 10 / 12 / 15 s|
|Range:20 / 22 / 25 / 30 m (cast range)|
6 / 10 / 12 / 15 m (heal radius)
|Misc:5 m (spread radius)|
Command Venari to focus on a target. Hold to cycle between Attack, Protect, and Heal postures. If Venari is killed, use this ability to revive her instantly.
|Strength:1.05x / 1.1x / 1.12x / 1.15x (speed multiplier)|
350 (snare damage)
50 HP/sec (health regen)
|Misc:120 s (mark duration)|
45 s (respawn time)
2.5 s (snare duration)
5 (hits per snare)
3 s (Attack & Protect cooldowns)
< 90% HP (missing health threshold)
10 m (Heal aura radius)
65 s (Venari self-heal mark duration)
Forces fallen enemies around you to drop additional loot.
|Range:10 / 15 / 20 / 25 m|
|Misc:22.5% / 32% / 42.5% / 54% (drop table chance)|
Hurl a flaming ring that sets enemies ablaze making them vulnerable to any damage. Flaming enemies drop Restorative Orbs on death. Charge to amplify the power of the ring, and reactivate to instantly travel to the ring's location.
|Strength:100 / 150 / 200 / 250 (damage)|
400 / 600 / 800 / 1000 (boosted damage)
60% / 75% / 85% / 100% (vulnerability)
|Duration:10 / 11 / 13 / 15 s|
|Misc:50% / 65% / 80% / 100% (health orb chance)|
20% / 25% / 30% / 35% (energy orb chance)
30 m (uncharged throw distance)
70 m (charged throw distance)
Gluttonous maggots swarm nearby enemies, feasting until they burst with Infestation. The maggots benefit from Mutation and each enemy consumed adds to the Mutation stack.
|Strength:100 / 110 / 125 / 150 (explosion damage)|
10 / 13 / 16 / 20 (health regen per second)
|Duration:25 / 30 / 35 / 40 s|
|Range:4 m (explosion radius)|
|Misc:8 m (ability diameter)|
9 (number of maggots)
1000 (maggot health)
10 (maggot toxin damage)
- Nidus converts three Mutation stacks into ravenous Infestation, which spreads outward from Nidus and across the surrounding landscape to create spawning grounds with a diameter of 8 meters, lingering for 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 seconds. Nidus and his allies will regenerate 10 / 13 / 16 / 20 health per second when inside the spawning grounds.
- Health regen per second is affected by Ability Strength.
- Health regen buff area is an invisible cylinder, allowing eligible targets to retain the buff up to a height of 8 meters above the spawning grounds.
- Diameter and height are not affected by Ability Range.
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Ravenous' health regeneration is visible to players as a buff icon beside the shield and health indicators on the HUD, indicating the health regen rate.
- Health regeneration affects ally Warframes, ability-summoned units, Companions, Specters, Rescue hostages, Syndicate operatives, Sortie defense operatives, and Invasion allied faction units.
- Infested cysts form on the spawning grounds, hatching up to 9 Maggots that seek out nearby enemies to feast upon. Once enemies are detected, Maggots frenzy with increased movement speed and leap toward their prey to latch onto them. While attached to an enemy, each Maggot will continuously stun its target and inflict 10 Toxin damage per second until the target dies or Maggot expires.
- Number of active Maggots and Toxin damage are not affected by Ability Strength.
- The Toxin damage is, however, amplified by the number of Mutation stacks accumulated using the following formula: Toxin Damage × (1 + Number of Stacks)
- Multiple Maggots can attach to the same enemy target simultaneously.
- Number of active Maggots and Toxin damage are not affected by Ability Strength.
- Ability Synergy: Maggots can be manually detonated by Nidus using Virulence.
- When detonated by Virulence, when their hosts die, when killed, or when Ravenous duration expires, Maggots explode to deal 100 / 110 / 125 / 150 Blast damage to all enemies within a 4 meter radius.
- Explosion radius is affected by Ability Range.
- Explosion damage is affected by Ability Strength and the number of Mutation stacks accumulated.
- For example, a rank-30 Nidus with a maxed Intensify equipped and 50 Mutation stacks will have an explosion damage of:
Base Explosion Damage × (1 + Ability Strength rank bonus + Strength Mods) × (1 + Number of Stacks) =
150 × (1 + 0.15 + 0.3) × (1 + 50) = 11,092.5
- Due to the total damage calculation accounting for Mutation stacks after the cost of Ravenous, it is not possible to reach amplified damage results above 97 Mutation stacks.
- For example, a rank-30 Nidus with a maxed Intensify equipped and 50 Mutation stacks will have an explosion damage of:
- Enemies hit by Maggot explosions contribute to the Mutation gauge. Hit scoring varies depending on the below factors:
- Each enemy caught in a Maggot explosion counts as 1 hit per enemy.
- When a maggot host is killed by maggot bites, the host and any nearby enemy will count towards Mutation.
- When a maggot host is killed by other sources than maggot bites, the host itself is not an eligible target and will not count towards Mutation.
- When a maggot host is hit or killed by Virulence, the host itself is an eligible target and will count as 2 hits, one from Virulence and the other from the explosion of a single Maggot that was attached.
- If multiple maggots were attached to the same host, each maggot explosion will score 1 hit on the host.
- Health regen per second and Maggot explosion and Toxin damage are calculated and predetermined when Ravenous is cast. All three will not be recalculated if any changes in Ability Strength and Mutation stacks occur while Ravenous is active.
- Has a casting time of 1.5 seconds.
- Ravenous can be recast while active.
- Only one instance can be active at a time.
- Recasting Ravenous while on the spawning grounds will refresh its duration without relocating it.
- Upon refresh, timer on the ability icon will continue countdown from previous remaining duration to 0, but spawning ground will not vanish until the newly refreshed duration expires.
- Maggot explosion and Toxin damage and health regen rate will not be recalculated if an instance of Ravenous is recast.
- Due to Ravenous' casting time, players will have to recast at least 1.5 seconds before the duration ends to maintain the old instance.
- Recasting Ravenous away from an active spawning ground creates a new instance at the new location while removing the older instance.
- Maggot explosion and Toxin damage and health regen rate are recalculated if a new instance of Ravenous is created.
- Maggots and spawning grounds possess unique properties as independent entities from Nidus:
- Maggots possess a base health of 1000 and draw enemy aggro.
- Maggot health is not affected by Ability Strength or the number of Mutation stacks accumulated.
- Maggots have their own rank.
- Maggot rank is identical to Nidus' rank (e.g., a rank-25 Nidus' Maggots will be level 25).
- Currently it's not known what effect the maggots' rank has.
- Maggots can not be damaged by Nidus or allies.
- When Maggots cannot attach to enemies, they will instead bite or seek other enemies to latch on to.
- Maggot lifespan is tied to the duration of the ability, during which they will actively seek out enemies or wander around or away from the spawning grounds.
- Maggots will automatically explode when killed, when Ravenous' duration expires, when their hosts die, or when detonated by Virulence.
- On death, Maggots respawn from cysts throughout the duration of Ravenous, up to the maximum number of 9 active Maggots.
- Maggots will not attach to small enemies, such as a Brood Mother's Maggots and Kuva Jesters.
- Maggots use a custom model to differentiate them from a Brood Mother's Maggots.
- Nidus maggots are affected by his chosen Warframe energy color.
- After casting Ravenous, there will be a 4 second delay before the Maggots start running towards/attacking nearby enemies.
- Spawning grounds is created at the location where Nidus casts the ability.
- Spawning grounds' infestation does not expand up or down high terrain elevations, but does flow up and down stairs and ramps.
- Within the spawning grounds, various unique models will spawn for visual representation only. Players and AI can path through them unhindered.
- Textures on the ground are blended with an infestation mesh.
- Three infested nests erupt on the edges of the infestation, positioned in triangular vertices. Nests glow, pulsate, and emit spore particles, which are affected by the chosen energy color.
- Nests also serve to maintain the Infestation. If a Nullifier bubble comes in contact with a nest, it will dissipate; when all three infested nests are dissipated, Ravenous will expire automatically.
- Numerous patches of infested flora resembling tall grass encompass the ground, rustling when brushed past by players and AI while glowing in the chosen energy color.
- Several infested branches sprout from the infestation to attach to nearby walls and objects in vertical and diagonal axis. Branches glow in the chosen energy color.
- Main article: Insatiable
|Rank||Bonus Mutation stack chance||Cost|
- Energy Conversion and/or Growing Power synergize well with Ravenous, especially if players are planning on camping a specific area as players will only need to cast Ravenous once with either's buff active and simply refresh Ravenous' duration to keep the buffed maggot damage and health regen rate active.
- Constantly detonating Maggots using Virulence helps maximize damage output and Mutation gained as Maggots will continuously respawn throughout the duration of Ravenous.
Healing waves of energy flow outward from Oberon to his allies, regenerating health over time.
Energy Drain: 2 s−1
Energy Drain per Target: 3 s−1
|Strength:2 / 3 / 3 / 4 s (wave duration)|
125 / 150 / 175 / 200 (armor buff)
50 / 75 / 100 / 125 (initial heal)
15 / 20 / 25 / 40 (health per second)
|Duration:20% / 25% / 35% / 45% (bleedout slow)|
20 s (buff)
|Range:10 / 15 / 20 / 25 m|
Quickly lifts enemies into the air and then hurls them down with conviction. Enemies who succumb to this power have a chance to spawn a Health Sphere.
|Strength:10% / 15% / 20% / 30% (armor reduction)|
500 / 750 / 1000 / 1250 (damage)
|Duration:1 / 2 / 3 / 4 s (blind)|
|Range:2.5 / 3 / 3.5 / 4 m (blind radius)|
8 / 10 / 12 / 15 m (cast radius)
|Misc:25% / 35% / 45% / 50% (health orb chance)|
Dash through enemies as a wall of Sentient energy, leeching shields and health from any encountered, enhanced for thralls.
|Strength:2% / 4% / 6% / 8% (hitpoints drain/restore)|
10% / 20% / 30% / 40% (thrall hitpoints drain/restore)
|Duration:0.25 / 0.5 / 0.75 / 1 s (duration)|
|Range:3 / 4 / 5 / 6 m (current width)|
|Misc:1 (Mesmer Skin ally buff charge)|
|Well Of Life|
Create a well of life on an enemy. Allies will gain health when damaging the target.
|Strength:30% / 35% / 40% / 45% (lifesteal)|
150 / 250 / 350 / 400 (max health)
|Duration:7 / 9 / 10 / 12 s|
Valkyr is imbued with energy and becomes a ball of vicious rage, capable of unleashing a torrent of deadly claw attacks on unsuspecting foes.
Minimum Energy Drain: 2.5 s-1
|Strength:100 / 125 / 200 / 250 (damage)|
|Misc:1% / 2% / 4% / 5% (lifesteal)|
5-20 m (aura radius)
Wukong and his twin become invulnerable and defy enemies to attack. All damage is captured, stored, and dealt back in a single furious strike of Wukong's staff. Bonus Armor is then granted relative to the damage captured.
|Strength:4 / 5 / 6 / 7.5 x (damage multiplier)|
0.8 / 1 / 1.2 / 1.5 x (armor multiplier)
|Duration:2 s (invulnerability duration)|
15 / 18 / 20 / 25 s (armor duration)
|Range:7 / 8 / 10 / 12 m (staff swing radius)|
|Misc:-50% (move speed penalty)|
100% (status cleanse on spin)
1,500 (armor bonus cap)
- Wukong engages a defiant stance while priming his Iron Staff, increasing his Threat Level to taunt enemies into attacking him and becoming invulnerable for 2 seconds. Any damage Wukong takes while in this stance is absorbed and stored; after the invulnerability period expires, Wukong cleanses himself of any negative Status Effects, spins in place while elongating his staff and inflicts the stored damage multiplied by 4 / 5 / 6 / 7.5 times to all enemies within a radius of 7 / 8 / 10 / 12 meters. Afterwards, Wukong gains an armor bonus depending on the amount of damage absorbed, with a multiplier of 0.8 / 1 / 1.2 / 1.5 and lasts for 15 / 18 / 20 / 25 seconds. The spin can be executed earlier by pressing the ability key again (default ) or using melee attack.
- Damage multiplier and armor multiplier are affected by Ability Strength.
- Swing radius is affected by Ability Range.
- Invulnerability and armor duration are affected by Ability Duration.
- Armor bonus grants a minimum of 50 points and is capped at 1,500 points.
- Enemies hit by the staff are ragdolled away in the direction of the swing.
- During the defiant stance, Wukong's movement speed is reduced to 50%.
- The armor bonus is removed if Defy is recast before it expires.
- Ability Synergy: When activating Defy with an active Celestial Twin, the twin engages in Defy, gaining the same increased Threat Level, invulnerability, damage reflection, and armor bonus.
- Wukong cannot cast other abilities, perform parkour Maneuvers or general interactions while channeling this ability.
|Shadows Of The Dead|
Summons shadow versions of vanquished enemies to fight alongside you for a short period of time.
|Strength:25% / 50% / 75% / 150% (damage bonus)|
15% / 35% / 65% / 100% (shield bonus)
15% / 35% / 65% / 100% (health bonus)
|Duration:6 / 5 / 4 / 3% (health decay per sec)|
|Misc:4 / 5 / 6 / 7 (shadow copies)|
10 m (spawn radius)
> 30 m (recall range)
If Limbo has Rift Haven or Hydroid has Curative Undertow installed, either one can act as a healer for the entire squad. Pool of Life increases the healing capabilities of Trinity's Well Of Life power. Finally, Saryn can heal herself personally if she equips Regenerative Molt, reducing the burden she might place on their allies or else enabling her to solo better.
There are some items that can be used in a mission to heal lost health.
There are PvP-only mods that allow for players to regain health based off their combat performance, and Syndicate-purchased mods that restore health after gaining enough affinity to meet the necessary thresholds. Life Strike will restore health to the Tenno as a percentage of damage inflicted by the equipped melee weapon and Healing Return will restore health upon damaging an enemy inflicted by a Status Effect.
Bleedout & DeathEdit
- Main article: Death
When health is reduced to 0, Warframes enter the Bleedout state. In bleedout, Warframes can barely move and are restricted to firing their sidearm. If they do not receive the appropriate attention from an ally within 20 seconds, they are killed in action. It is quite difficult to complete missions successfully when all players are dead, so players typically strive to keep health above 0 at all times.
Health ReductionEditBleeding Dragon Key reduces health by 75%. During missions this is indicated by a symbol to the left of the shield/health bar (shown on the right).
Damage calculations get complicated when damage resistances are involved. Effective health is a common metagame concept which states that because each hit point you have actually absorbs more than one point of damage, you effectively have more hit points than indicated. In WARFRAME, effective health can be increased by armor, resistance mods, and health classes.
- Impact attacks deal 25% less damage to Flesh health. If they would normally strike for 100 damage in a single attack, they would only deal 75 damage to your Warframe.
- Therefore, to deal 300 damage to your Warframe, they would have to output 400 total points of damage.
In reference to Impact damage, your Warframe has 400 effective health even though it has only 300 nominal health. Effective health can only ever be considered in the context of damage, because its value depends on the bonuses and penalties of the incoming damage as much as it does on the resistance values of your armor, mods, and health. Depending on how you build your Warframe and use its abilities, you can experience a drastic difference in survival between different types of enemies. (A specific build of Valkyr has been shown to have ~3800 effective health against most Grineer but only ~850 effective health against typical Corpus enemies.)
Effective health is a valuable metric because it allows you to compare different forms of survivability.
|Grineer||Cloned Flesh • Ferrite Armor • Alloy Armor • Machinery|
|Corpus||Shield • Proto Shield • Flesh • Robotic|
|Infested||Infested • Infested Flesh • Fossilized • Infested Sinew|
|Miscellaneous||Object • Hit Points|