The Grinlok is a Grineer lever-action rifle crafted from the Chem lab via clan research. By nature, the Grinlok sports high damage with accurate delivery, supported by its high critical damage and very high status chance, but its extremely low fire rate and small magazine size hampers its ability to manage crowds of enemies.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 150||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Chem Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Prereq: Detonite Injector|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- Tied with Prisma Grinlok for the second highest base damage of all semi-automatic rifles, behind Kuva Chakkhurr.
- Good critical chance.
- High critical multiplier.
- Second highest status chance of all semi-automatic rifles, behind Nagantaka.
- Fairly high reload speed.
- Little to no vertical recoil.
- High accuracy.
- Very small spread.
- Excellent ammo efficiency.
- Innate polarity.
- Can equip the Grinlok-exclusive Deadly Sequence and Grinloked (Conclave only) mods.
- Low Puncture damage – less effective against armor.
- Tied with Prisma Grinlok for the second slowest fire rate of all semi-automatic rifles, after Kuva Chakkhurr.
- Tied with Nagantaka for the lowest magazine size of all semi-automatic rifles.
- Grinlok, compared to Prisma Grinlok:
- Equal base damage, but different composition:
- Lower critical chance (15% vs. 21%)
- Lower critical multiplier (2.5x vs. 2.9x)
- Lower status chance (35% vs. 37%)
- Smaller magazine (9 rounds vs. 21 rounds)
- More accurate (44 vs. 32)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (7 vs. 11)
- Higher disposition (1.3 vs. 1.25)
- See Category:Grinlok Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Grinlok Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Grinlok often ragdolls enemies on lethal shots, a side effect of it dealing mainly Impact damage.
- The Grinlok's focus on both Impact and Slash damage makes it generally effective against the Corpus and the Infested.
- While the Grinlok is similar to the Latron, it comes with a lower magazine capacity and slower rate of fire, making it more punishing for missed shots. Focus on aiming at heads or weak spots.
- Shred is an excellent mod to help the Grinlok with crowd control, as it increases its slow rate of fire while piercing through groups of enemies, letting each shot deal its massive damage to multiple targets.
- The News tab in the UI mistakenly referred to this gun as Grinlock.
- The weapon's name may be a combination/corruption of "Grineer" and "Flintlock", the latter of which was an early firing mechanism in guns used in the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries.
- Despite the unusual combination of technologies mentioned, a lever-action flintlock rifle did exist in real life.
- While Marelok is, theoretically, a sawn-off pistol version of this rifle, its magazine is curiously relocated.
Last updated: Hotfix 126.96.36.199
- Marelok, the pistol counterpart.
- Vaykor Marelok, the custom pistol counterpart used by Steel Meridian.
- Deadly Sequence, a Grinlok exclusive Syndicate mod.
- Grinloked, a Grinlok exclusive Conclave mod.