Passive[edit | edit source]
- Armor bonus per enemy is not affected by Mods and has no upper limit, aside from the rapidly mounting Energy drain.
- Armor bonus is added after armor mods such as Steel Fiber. For example, Grendel with a rank 10 Steel Fiber and one enemy alive in his belly will have Total armor = (350 × (1 + 1.1)) + 50 = 785
- Armor bonus adds or subtracts depending on the number of enemies currently residing in Grendel's stomach.
- Armor bonus amount is displayed beside the shield and health bars on the HUD.
Abilities [edit | edit source]
Swallow an enemy whole and store it in Grendel’s gut. Not satisfied? Keep eating, but beware, each foe in Grendel’s belly slowly consumes energy. Hold to vomit out stored enemies covering them in toxic bile.
|Strength:2 / 3 / 4 / 5 % (armor removal per second)|
250 / 300 / 450 / 500 ( Toxin damage on vomit)
|Range:10 / 15 / 20 / 25 m (swallow range)|
|Misc:1.5 s (maw open duration)|
1 s (maw open extra duration per enemy)
100% ( Toxin status chance on vomit)
8 m (vomit cone range)
- Grendel opens his maw agape for 1.5 seconds, creating a powerful vacuum that disintegrates enemies near the aiming reticle within 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 meters and swallowing them whole to trap them inside Grendel's stomach. For each enemy swallowed by Feast, Grendel's maw stays open for an extra 1 second. Eaten enemies permanently lose 2% / 3% / 4% / 5% of their total Armor points for every second spent trapped inside Grendel's gut.
- Swallow range is affected by Ability Range.
- Armor removal per second is affected by Ability Strength.
- Maw open duration and extra duration per enemy are not affected by Mods.
- Grendel can swallow multiple enemies by moving the aiming reticle to mark new targets with Feast, while his maw is still open.
- Number of eaten enemies is displayed on the ability icon.
- Feast also vacuums Pickups and thrown grenades near the aiming reticle for Grendel. Swallowed grenades will detonate inside Grendel's stomach and only damage nearby enemies.
- Drains 1.5 Energy points per second until killed or spat out; Each enemy swallowed beyond 2 enemies will increase the drain by an additional 1.5 energy.
- Energy drain ramps by 0.05 energy per second as long as enemies remain in Grendel's gut.
- Hold down the ability key (default Toxin scaling damage with a 100% Toxin status chance to vomitted enemies and other enemies within 8 meters in a cone in front of Grendel. Grendel also vomits all enemies out automatically when his energy pool is empty.
) to violently vomit all stored enemies out for no energy cost, inflicting 250 / 300 / 400 / 500
- Energy drain per enemy per second is affected by both Ability Efficiency and Ability Duration, but cannot go below 0.38 drain per second.
- Toxin damage on vomit is affected by enemy level and amount of enemies stored.
- Feast's Toxin damage on vomit benefits from sum of enemies levels stored using the following expression:
- Total Toxin Damage = Toxin Base Damage × ((ΣEnemy Level - 1) / 15 + 1)
- With 10 eaten enemies at level 101, Grendel will deal 500 × ((101 × 10 - 1) / 15 + 1) = 34,133.33 Toxin damage on vomit. Resulting damage is rounded down to the nearest whole number.
- Toxin status effect inflicts 50% of total damage every tick for 6 ticks over 6 seconds. In the example above, Grendel will further deal (34,133.33 / 2) = 17,066.67 damage per tick, 17,066.67 × 6 = 102,400 damage in the span of a single Toxin effect, for a grand total of 34,133.33 + 102,400 = 136,533.33 Toxin damage.
- Status chance and vomit cone range are not affected by mods.
- Sentient enemies swallowed by Grendel will automatically be expelled after 8 seconds. Repeated swallowing of the same enemies will reduce the maximum duration they can stay inside Grendel's stomach.
- Grendel cannot Feast on enemies grabbed by certain Warframe abilities, such as Nidus's Larva, Vauban's Bastille in Vortex mode, or Khora's Strangledome.
- Feasted enemies are considered removed from play, removing them from Exterminate waypoints and allowing Defense waves to advance, even if they are still alive.
- Ability Synergy:
- Volatile Runners swallowed by Grendel’s Feast Have a tendency to explode from within, causing Grendel to stagger.
- Increasing the Ability Range of Grendel’s Feast increases the effective Vacuum Range, this is especially useful for survival since feast can be used to Vacuum Life Support pickups from a fair distance without having to leave the current room.
Inflict Toxin damage on Feasted enemies in Grendel's gut one by one, absorbing nourishment to buff allies. Tap to cycle through buffs and hold to cast.
|Strength:1000 / 1500 / 2000 / 2500 ( Toxin damage on digestion)|
20 / 30 / 40 / 50 (self heal on cast)
1.1 / 1.15 / 1.2 / 1.25 x (Nourished Energy multiplier)
100 / 150 / 200 / 250 (Nourished Armor Toxin damage on hit)
1.2 / 1.3 / 1.4 / 1.5 x (Nourished Strike Toxin damage multiplier)
|Duration:10 / 15 / 20 / 25 s (buff duration)|
|Range:10 / 15 / 20 / 25 m (buff radius)|
5 / 6 / 7 / 8 m (splash radius)
|Misc:1 s (splash cooldown)|
?% (speed boost for Pulverize)
- Ever the gourmet though lenient in the foes he devours, Grendel selectively absorbs one of three types of nourishment from his stomach contents by tapping the ability key (default
), to freely cycle between the Nourished Energy, Nourished Armor, and Nourished Strike buffs.
- Nourish buff cycle selection wheel is displayed above the ability icons.
- Grendel derives nourishment from the enemies he consumes, producing three unique buffs for himself and his allies.
- Holding the ability key causes Grendel to stomp the ground, forcibly digesting the first eaten enemy in his gut, inflicting 1000 / 1500 / 2000 / 2,500 Toxin damage to the victim and recovering Grendel's health with 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 scaling Health points. Grendel and ally Warframes within 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 meters receive the selected Nourished buff lasting for 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 seconds.
- Toxin damage on digestion is affected by Ability Strength.
- Self heal on cast is affected by Ability Strength and enemy level.
- Self heal begins to scale linearly at enemy level 15, using the formula:
- Total Self Heal = Heal Value × (1 + Ability Strength) × (Enemy Level / 15)
- With a maxed Intensify and an eaten enemy at level 101, Grendel will be healed by 50 × (1 + 0.3) × (101 / 15) = 437.6667 health.
- Buff radius is affected by Ability Range.
- Buff duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Nourished buff timers are displayed under the icons in Grendel's cycle selection wheel. Allies receive a buff icon beside their shield and health indicators on the HUD.
- Nourished Energy multiplicatively increases the Energy points gained or recharged from any source for the buffed player by 1.1x / 1.15x / 1.2x / 1.25x. This includes energy orb pickups, ability gains such as Energy Vampire, modular effects such as Rage, and energy per second restoration from auras ( Energy Siphon) and Focus Ways (Energizing Dash).
- Energy multiplier is affected by Ability Strength.
- Nourished Armor reacts to incoming enemy damage and player-made kills, discharging a toxic splash that inflicts 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 Toxin damage to enemies in a 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 meter radius around the buffed player. Toxic splash can only trigger once every 1 second.
- Nourished Strike provides additional Toxin damage for the buffed player's weapons by 1.2x / 1.3x / 1.4x / 1.5x. The toxin bonus is applied to weapons in the exact same manner as elemental damage mods, stacking additively with those mods and combining with other elemental types on the weapon when applicable.
- Toxin damage multiplier is affected by Ability Strength.
- Ability Synergy:
- Can be recast while active, inflicting damage to the eaten enemy, healing Grendel, buffing new allies in range, and refreshing the selected buff's duration if active.
- Subsuming Grendel to the Helminth will offer Nourish and its augments to be used by other Warframes.
- Other Warframes are omitted from the swallowed enemy requirement, due to their inability to cast Feast.
- Only the self heal and Nourished Strike effects are available from Subsumed Nourish.
- As other Warframes cannot swallow enemies, the self heal formula omits the enemy level and scales only with Ability Strength.
Violently puke out a bile soaked enemy from Grendel’s gut, turning the consumed into a toxic projectile.
|Strength:300 / 500 / 1,000 / 1,200 ( Toxin damage on impact)|
|Range:3 / 4 / 5 / 5 m (splash radius)|
|Misc:? m/s (projectile speed)|
1.0x (damage multiplier per 10 enemy levels)
- Grendel convulses his stomach as his maw snaps open, violently expelling out an eaten enemy soaked in acidic bile from inside his gut. The enemy is launched toward the aiming reticle as a living projectile, traveling at a speed of ? meters per second in an arcing trajectory. On direct collision with other enemies, obstacles or surfaces, the launched enemy suffers 300 / 500 / 1,000 / 1,200 Toxin scaling damage and inflicts 1,200 Toxin damage to all enemies within a radius of 3 / 4 / 5 / 5 meters around the impact point. Additionally, Regurgitate inflicts 250 / 300 / 400 / 500 Toxin damage with a 100% Toxin status chance to enemies within 8 meters in a cone in front of Grendel.
- Cone damage is affected by Ability Strength but not by enemy level.
- Toxin damage on impact and radial damage is affected by Ability Strength and enemy level.
- Regurgitate's Toxin damage on enemy impact benefits from Ability Strength and enemy level using the following expression:
- Total Toxin Damage = Toxin Damage × (1 + Ability Strength) × Enemy Level Multiplier
- Splash radius is affected by Ability Range.
- The launched enemy travels in a ragdoll state and must recover once it lands.
- Ability Synergy:
- Regurgitate expels out the next available enemy swallowed by Feast, requiring at least 1 enemy inside Grendel's gut to be cast.
Powered by feasting, Grendel curls into a ball and knocks over anyone in his path. Jumping slams Grendel into the ground and generates a damaging shockwave.
|Strength:25 ( Toxin damage per second)|
250 - 1,000 / 250 - 2,000 / 500 - 3,000 / 500 - 4,000 ( Impact damage on collision)
50 - 200 / 100 - 300 / 100 - 400 / 150 - 500 ( Impact damage on ground slam)
|Range:2 - 6 / 3 - 8 / 4 - 10 / 5 - 15 m (ground slam radius)|
|Misc:2.5 - 5 m (collision radius)|
10 (scaling bonuses enemy cap)
1.0x (damage multiplier per 10 enemy levels)
100% ( Impact status chance on slam)
?% (speed boost from Nourish)
- Engorged with enemies inside his gut, Grendel curls up into a roving sphere that changes his movement controls into a directional physics-based roll. As he roves, Grendel slowly digests enemies inside his stomach, inflicting 25 Toxin damage per second.
- Toxin damage per second is affected by Ability Strength.
- Grendel can only perform a limited selection of parkour Maneuvers, such as sprint, jump, double jump, and wall jump during Pulverize.
- Grendel is unable to utilize weapons and some abilities during Pulverize.
- Grendel will accelerate faster when rolling downhill and richohet off of terrain obstacles.
- Grendel tramples over his enemies with varying levels of power and reach, depending on the techniques he uses and the fuel within.
- In sphere form, Grendel constantly emits a kinetic field with a 2.5 - 5 meter scaling radius, which reacts to his movement to inflict 250 - 1,000 / 250 - 2,000 / 500 - 3,000 / 500 - 4,000 Impact scaling damage against enemies coming into range. Enemies colliding with Grendel receive damage and are knocked away from his path.
- Impact damage on collision is affected by Ability Strength, enemy level, and amount of enemies stored (capped at the maximum of 10).
- Impact damage on collision benefits from Ability Strength, enemy level and amount of enemies stored using the following expression:
- Total Impact Damage = [Impact Base Damage + (Number of Enemies Stored≤10 × 350)] × (1 + Ability Strength) × Enemy Level Multiplier
- Impact damage on collision does not occur if Grendel is stationary.
- Collision radius is affected by the number of eaten enemies in Grendel's gut, reaching maximum radius with 10 enemies. Grendel's sphere model also drastically increases in size based on the eaten enemy count.
- Collision damage and range values are calculated when Pulverize is activated. Any changes in Ability Strength, enemy level, and amount of enemies stored that occur after activation will not affect the damage and range Grendel currently uses for Pulverize.
- Landing on surfaces from midair causes Grendel to slam into the ground, inflicting 50 - 200 / 100 - 300 / 100 - 400 / 150 - 500 Impact scaling damage to enemies inside his stomach and all enemies within a 2 - 6 / 3 - 8 / 4 - 10 / 5 - 15 meter scaling radius. Enemies within the slam radius have a 100% chance to receive an Impact status effect.
- Impact damage on ground slam is affected by Ability Strength, enemy level, and amount of enemies stored (capped at the maximum of 10).
- Impact damage on ground slam benefits from Ability Strength, enemy level and amount of enemies stored using the following expression:
- Total Impact Damage = [Impact Base Damage + (Number of Enemies Stored≤10 × 35)] × (1 + Ability Strength) × Enemy Level Multiplier
- Ground slam radius is affected by both Ability Range and the number of eaten enemies inside Grendel's gut, reaching maximum radius with 10 enemies.
- Impact status chance is not affected by mods.
- Ground slam damage and range values are calculated when Pulverize is activated. Any changes in Ability Strength, enemy level, and amount of enemies stored that occur after activation will not affect the damage and range Grendel currently uses for Pulverize.
- If Grendel's stomach becomes empty during Pulverize, he begins to drain ? / ? / ? / 10 energy per second to sustain his sphere form, ramping up to ? energy per second the longer Pulverize remains active.
- Press the ability key again (default Energy, causing Grendel to unfurl and vomit out all eaten enemies, as well as become stunned in a dizziness animation for 2 seconds. ) to deactivate this ability early. Pulverize will deactivate automatically when Grendel runs out of
- Ability Synergy:
- Pulverize requires at least 1 enemy swallowed by Feast to be alive in Grendel's gut in order to activate. For Pulverize to reach its maximum potential damage and range, Grendel must consume and store at least 10 enemies in his stomach.
- Grendel can select and activate Nourish buffs during Pulverize, provided he has at least one enemy in his gut. Casting Nourish also grants a ?% movement speed boost to his sphere form.
|Strength Mods||Duration Mods||Range Mods|