Release Date: October 31st, 2019
Indulge amid the stench of battle as Grendel the voracious gourmand, greedily swallowing armies whole into his fathomless maw. Corpulent and courageous, he consumes prey to invigorate kindred warriors, or disgorges the eaten out drenched in putrid acidic bile. Stampede through strongholds as a spherical menace, leaving cadavers in the wake crushed by his thunderous quake. Grendel's feeding frenzy began in Update 26: The Old Blood.
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Market Price: 325||Blueprint Price: 35,000|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
Grendel's component blueprints are awarded by completing certain missions on Europa using Locators, which can be purchased from the Arbitration Honors vendor found in any Relay for 25 Vitus Essence each. Additionally, the main blueprint can be purchased from the market for 35,000.
Purchasing a Locator will unlock the unique mission associated with it, which guarantees the associated Grendel component as a reward. These missions will have level 40-45 enemies, however, players will be unable to use their Gear items, all Warframes and weapons will not benefit from any equipped Mods, and Operators cannot be used. The only exceptions to these rules are Warframe Augment Mods and Sentinel Precepts, whose effects still work.
- The Grendel Neuroptics Locator unlocks the Archaeo-freighter, a 20-minute Survival mission.
- The Grendel Chassis Locator unlocks the Icefields of Riddah, a 15-wave Defense mission.
- The Grendel Systems Locator unlocks the Mine of Karishh, an Excavation mission where players have to collect 800 Cryotic.
Aborting the mission will not consume a locator however Locator missions will disappear once completed, requiring the purchase of another Locator to unlock once again. However, only the squad host requires a Locator, allowing them to invite other players to participate in the mission, and the component reward will be granted to all participating players upon completion.
LoreEditRiddha was a frozen, famine-struck city located on Europa, ruled by an Orokin Executor named Karishh, a survivor of the downfall of the Orokin Empire, described as a "violet-scented" brute.
As the Executor lived a luxurious life within a walled house in the city, his citizens starved beneath him, but the Executor commanded yet another twelve-meal course for himself and his twelve digestive exo-sacs. Grendel found Karishh, resulting in the lavish Executor fleeing across the hills and mountains of Riddha as an escape attempt. Grendel pursued the Executor and eventually caught up to him, resulting in the attempt proving futile. Trapped on a mountain peak, Karishh found his fate inside Grendel's belly, then belched out shortly after.
- When Grendel wields his signature Masseter, he will become immune to crowd-control effects while performing Heavy Attacks.
- Sprint speed mods do not appear to affect the speed of Pulverize, however the Motus Signal does increase double jump height.
- Despite retaining the UI of the last equipped weapon, Grendel is unable to activate syndicate procs while in Pulverize.
- Grendel is named for the villainous giant in the epic poem Beowulf. Among Grendel's epithets is "the destroyer and devourer of our human kind," and he is described as eating the flesh from the humans he kills.
- During his development, Grendel was referred to as the "Oni" Warframe. In Japanese folklore, Oni are depicted as hulking, horned ogres with a penchant for terrorizing humans, up to and including devouring them.
- Grendel's alternate helmet "Glutt" derived from the word glutton, as a reference to his insatiable hunger.
- This naming choice is a bit of a contradiction, as the Grendel's Leverian exhibit explicitly states "Grendel may hunger, yes, but not with the excesses of gluttony."
- The pose Grendel strikes during Nourish is based on sumo wrestlers.
- Grendel is the 42nd Warframe to be released (excluding Primed and Umbra variants).
- Grendel is the first Warframe whose component blueprints are obtained from exclusive mission nodes, which requires Vitus Essences and, in turn, Arbitrations.
- Grendel was originally intended to release simultaneously with his best friend Gauss, but required more time for development. As a nod to their friendship, Gauss appears in Grendel's Warframe Profile to receive his support from Nourish, as well as a mention in Grendel's Leverian exhibit.
- Grendel's belly maw snaps open with the use of his abilities, namely Feast and Regurgitate.
- Grendel's belly visually enlarges and gains jiggle physics when enemies are eaten and stored with Feast.
- Voicelines spoken by enemies inside Grendel's gut have a muffled and gurgled sound overlay.
“It's taking longer than I calculated.”This page is actively being worked on and may not be completely correct. Please assist in making this page accurate.
Grendel is the newest addition to the Warframe roster. Please update this article with new information.
- Armor bonus per enemy is not affected by Mods and has no upper limit, aside from the rapidly mounting Energy drain.
- Armor bonus is added after armor mods such as Steel Fiber. For example, Grendel with a rank 10 Steel Fiber and one enemy alive in his belly will have Total armor = (350 × (1 + 1.1)) + 50 = 785
- Armor bonus adds or subtracts depending on the number of enemies currently residing in Grendel's stomach.
- Armor bonus amount is displayed beside the shield and health bars on the HUD.
Swallow an enemy whole and store it in Grendel’s gut. Not satisfied? Keep eating, but beware, each foe in Grendel’s belly slowly consumes energy. Hold to vomit out stored enemies covering them in toxic bile.
|Strength:2 / 3 / 4 / 5 % (armor removal per second)|
250 / 300 / 450 / 500 ( Toxin damage on vomit)
|Range:10 / 15 / 20 / 25 m (swallow range)|
|Misc:1.5 s (maw open duration)|
1 s (maw open extra duration per enemy)
100% ( Toxin status chance on vomit)
8 m (vomit cone range)
- Grendel opens his maw agape for 1.5 seconds, creating a powerful vacuum that disintegrates enemies near the aiming reticle within 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 meters and swallowing them whole to trap them inside Grendel's stomach. For each enemy swallowed by Feast, Grendel's maw stays open for an extra 1 second. Eaten enemies permanently lose 2% / 3% / 4% / 5% of their total Armor points for every second spent trapped inside Grendel's gut.
- Swallow range is affected by Ability Range.
- Armor removal per second is affected by Ability Strength.
- Maw open duration and extra duration per enemy are not affected by Mods.
- Grendel can swallow multiple enemies by moving the aiming reticle to mark new targets with Feast, while his maw is still open.
- Number of eaten enemies is displayed on the ability icon.
- Feast also vacuums Pickups near the aiming reticle for Grendel.
- Each enemy swallowed drains 1.5 Energy points per second until killed or spat out; energy drain per enemy ramps up to ? energy per second over time the longer enemies remain in Grendel's gut. Hold down the ability key (default ) to violently vomit all stored enemies out for no energy cost, inflicting 250 / 300 / 400 / 500 Toxin scaling damage with a 100% Toxin status chance to vomitted enemies and other enemies within 8 meters in a cone in front of Grendel. Grendel also vomits all enemies out automatically when his energy pool is empty.
- Energy drain per enemy per second is affected by both Ability Efficiency and Ability Duration, but cannot go below 0.38 drain per second.
- Toxin damage on vomit is affected by enemy level and amount of enemies stored.
- Feast's Toxin damage on vomit benefits from sum of enemies levels stored using the following expression:
- Total Toxin Damage = Toxin Base Damage × ((ΣEnemy Level - 1) / 15 + 1)
- With 10 eaten enemies at level 101, Grendel will deal 500 × ((101 × 10 - 1) / 15 + 1) = 34,133.33 Toxin damage on vomit. Resulting damage is rounded down to the nearest whole number.
- Toxin status effect inflicts 50% of total damage every tick for 9 ticks over 8 seconds. In the example above, Grendel will further deal (34,133.33 / 2) = 17,066.67 damage per tick, 17,066.67 × 9 = 153,600 damage in the span of a single Toxin effect, for a grand total of 34,133.33 + 153,600 = 187,733.33 Toxin damage.
- Status chance and vomit cone range are not affected by mods.
- Ability Synergy:
Consume the enemies in Grendel’s gut and nourish nearby squad members with a radial buff.
|Strength:1000 / 1500 / 2000 / 2500 ( Toxin damage on digestion)|
20 / 30 / 40 / 50 (self heal on cast)
1.1 / 1.15 / 1.2 / 1.25 x (Nourished Energy multiplier)
100 / 150 / 200 / 250 (Nourished Armor Toxin damage on hit)
1.2 / 1.3 / 1.4 / 1.5 x (Nourished Strike Toxin damage multiplier)
|Duration:10 / 15 / 20 / 25 s (buff duration)|
|Range:10 / 15 / 20 / 25 m (buff radius)|
5 / 6 / 7 / 8 m (splash radius)
|Misc:1 s (splash cooldown)|
?% (speed boost for Pulverize)
- Ever the gourmet though lenient in the foes he swallows, Grendel selectively digests different types of enemies trapped in his stomach by holding down the ability key (default
), to cycle between the Nourished Energy, Nourished Armor, and Nourished Strike buffs for no energy cost.
- Buffs are only available if the required enemy type is still alive in Grendel's gut.
- When at least one required enemy type is stored, Nourish's ability icon will change to the buff corresponding to that enemy type. If a different enemy type is available, the ability icon switches to the newest available buff.
- Grendel derives nourishment from the enemies he consumes, producing three unique buffs for himself and his allies.
- Tapping the ability key causes Grendel to stomp the ground, forcibly digesting the first eaten enemy of the required type in his gut, inflicting 1000 / 1500 / 2000 / 2,500 Toxin damage to the victim and recovering Grendel's health with 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 scaling Health points. Grendel and ally Warframes within 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 meters receive the selected Nourished buff lasting for 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 seconds.
- Toxin damage on digestion is affected by Ability Strength.
- Self heal on cast is affected by Ability Strength and enemy level.
- Self heal begins to scale linearly at enemy level 15, using the formula:
- Total Self Heal = Heal Value × (1 + Ability Strength) × (Enemy Level / 15)
- With a maxed Intensify and an eaten enemy at level 101, Grendel will be healed by 50 × (1 + 0.3) × (101 / 15) = 437.667 health.
- Buff radius is affected by Ability Range.
- Buff duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Nourished Energy multiplicatively increases the Energy points gained or recharged from any source for the buffed player by 1.1x / 1.15x / 1.2x / 1.25x. This includes energy orb pickups, ability gains such as Energy Vampire, modular effects such as Rage, and energy per second restoration from auras ( Energy Siphon) and Focus Ways (Energizing Dash).
- Energy multiplier is affected by Ability Strength.
- Nourished Energy requires a ranged enemy (e.g. Lancer).
- Nourished Armor reacts to incoming enemy damage and player-made kills, discharging a toxic splash that inflicts 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 Toxin damage to enemies in a 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 meter radius around the buffed player. Toxic splash can only trigger once every 1 second.
- Nourished Armor requires a melee enemy (e.g. Butcher).
- Nourished Strike provides additional Toxin damage for the buffed player's weapons and abilities by 1.2x / 1.3x / 1.4x / 1.5x, allowing them to also proc Toxin status effect.
- Toxin damage multiplier is affected by Ability Strength.
- Nourished Strike requires a heavy unit, flying unit, or summoned unit (e.g. Heavy Gunner, Shield Osprey, Drahk).
- Ability Synergy:
- Can be recast while active, inflicting damage to the required enemy type, healing Grendel, buffing new allies in range, and refreshing the selected buff's duration if active.
Violently puke out a bile soaked enemy from Grendel’s gut, turning the consumed into a toxic projectile.
|Strength:300 / 500 / 1,000 / 1,200 ( Toxin damage on impact)|
|Range:3 / 4 / 5 / 5 m (splash radius)|
|Misc:? m/s (projectile speed)|
1.0x (damage multiplier per 10 enemy levels)
- Grendel convulses his stomach as his maw snaps open, violently expelling out an eaten enemy soaked in acidic bile from inside his gut. The enemy is launched toward the aiming reticle as a living projectile, traveling at a speed of ? meters per second in an arcing trajectory. On direct collision with other enemies, obstacles or surfaces, the launched enemy suffers 300 / 500 / 1,000 / 1,200 Toxin scaling damage and inflicts the same damage to all enemies within a radius of 3 / 4 / 5 / 5 meters around the impact point.
- Toxin damage on impact is affected by both Ability Strength and enemy level.
- Regurgitate's Toxin damage benefits from Ability Strength and enemy level using the following expression:
- Total Toxin Damage = Toxin Damage × (1 + Ability Strength) × Enemy Level Multiplier
- Splash radius is affected by Ability Range.
- The launched enemy travels in a ragdoll state and must recover once it lands.
- Ability Synergy:
- Regurgitate expels out the next available enemy swallowed by Feast, requiring at least 1 enemy inside Grendel's gut to be cast.
Powered by feasting, Grendel curls into a ball and knocks over anyone in his path. Jumping slams Grendel into the ground and generates a damaging shockwave.
|Strength:25 ( Toxin damage per second)|
250 - 1,000 / 250 - 2,000 / 500 - 3,000 / 500 - 4,000 ( Impact damage on collision)
50 - 200 / 100 - 300 / 100 - 400 / 150 - 500 ( Impact damage on ground slam)
|Range:2 - 6 / 3 - 8 / 4 - 10 / 5 - 15 m (ground slam radius)|
|Misc:2.5 - 5 m (collision radius)|
10 (scaling bonuses enemy cap)
1.0x (damage multiplier per 10 enemy levels)
100% ( Impact status chance on slam)
?% (speed boost from Nourish)
- Engorged with enemies inside his gut, Grendel curls up into a roving sphere that changes his movement controls into a directional physics-based roll. As he roves, Grendel slowly digests enemies inside his stomach, inflicting 25 Toxin damage per second.
- Toxin damage per second is affected by Ability Strength.
- Grendel can only perform a limited selection of parkour Maneuvers, such as sprint, jump, double jump, and wall jump during Pulverize.
- Grendel is unable to utilize weapons and some abilities during Pulverize.
- Grendel will accelerate faster when rolling downhill and richohet off of terrain obstacles.
- Grendel tramples over his enemies with varying levels of power and reach, depending on the techniques he uses and the fuel within.
- In sphere form, Grendel constantly emits a kinetic field with a 2.5 - 5 meter scaling radius, which reacts to his movement to inflict 250 - 1,000 / 250 - 2,000 / ? / 500 - 4,000 Impact scaling damage against enemies coming into range. Enemies colliding with Grendel receive damage and are knocked away from his path.
- Impact damage on collision is affected by Ability Strength, enemy level, and amount of enemies stored (capped at the maximum of 10).
- Impact damage on collision benefits from Ability Strength, enemy level and amount of enemies stored using the following expression:
- Total Impact Damage = [Impact Base Damage + (Number of Enemies Stored≤10 × 350)] × (1 + Ability Strength) × Enemy Level Multiplier
- Impact damage on collision does not occur if Grendel is stationary.
- Collision radius is affected by the number of eaten enemies in Grendel's gut, reaching maximum radius with 10 enemies. Grendel's sphere model also drastically increases in size based on the eaten enemy count.
- Collision damage and range values are calculated when Pulverize is activated. Any changes in Ability Strength, enemy level, and amount of enemies stored that occur after activation will not affect the damage and range Grendel currently uses for Pulverize.
- Landing on surfaces from midair causes Grendel to slam into the ground, inflicting 50 - 200 / 100 - 300 / 100 - 400 / 150 - 500 Impact scaling damage to enemies inside his stomach and all enemies within a 2 - 6 / 3 - 8 / 4 - 10 / 5 - 15 meter scaling radius. Enemies within the slam radius have a 100% chance to receive an Impact status effect.
- Impact damage on ground slam is affected by Ability Strength, enemy level, and amount of enemies stored (capped at the maximum of 10).
- Impact damage on ground slam benefits from Ability Strength, enemy level and amount of enemies stored using the following expression:
- Total Impact Damage = [Impact Base Damage + (Number of Enemies Stored≤10 × 35)] × (1 + Ability Strength) × Enemy Level Multiplier
- Ground slam radius is affected by both Ability Range and the number of eaten enemies inside Grendel's gut, reaching maximum radius with 10 enemies.
- Impact status chance is not affected by mods.
- Ground slam damage and range values are calculated when Pulverize is activated. Any changes in Ability Strength, enemy level, and amount of enemies stored that occur after activation will not affect the damage and range Grendel currently uses for Pulverize.
- If Grendel's stomach becomes empty during Pulverize, he begins to drain ? / ? / ? / 10 energy per second to sustain his sphere form, ramping up to ? energy per second the longer Pulverize remains active.
- Press the ability key again (default Energy, causing Grendel to unfurl and vomit out all eaten enemies, as well as become stunned in a dizziness animation for 2 seconds. ) to deactivate this ability early. Pulverize will deactivate automatically when Grendel runs out of
- Ability Synergy:
- Pulverize requires at least 1 enemy swallowed by Feast to be alive in Grendel's gut in order to activate. For Pulverize to reach its maximum potential damage and range, Grendel must consume and store at least 10 enemies in his stomach.
- Grendel can select and activate Nourish buffs during Pulverize, provided he has at least one enemy in his gut. Casting Nourish also grants a ?% movement speed boost to his sphere form.
|Strength Mods||Duration Mods||Range Mods|
Grendel can be equipped with the following items:
|The following page is a gallery page of Grendel.|
For more details, please refer to the WARFRAME Wiki Media Policy.
|Released||Ash ( Ash Prime) • Atlas ( Atlas Prime) • Banshee ( Banshee Prime) • Baruuk • Chroma ( Chroma Prime) • Ember ( Ember Prime) • Equinox ( Equinox Prime) • Excalibur ( Excalibur Prime, Excalibur Umbra, Excalibur Umbra Prime) • Frost ( Frost Prime) • Gara • Garuda • Gauss • Grendel • Harrow • Hildryn • Hydroid ( Hydroid Prime) • Inaros • Ivara • Khora • Limbo ( Limbo Prime) • Loki ( Loki Prime) • Mag ( Mag Prime) • Mesa ( Mesa Prime) • Mirage ( Mirage Prime) • Nekros ( Nekros Prime) • Nezha • Nidus • Nova ( Nova Prime) • Nyx ( Nyx Prime) • Oberon ( Oberon Prime) • Octavia • Revenant • Rhino ( Rhino Prime) • Saryn ( Saryn Prime) • Titania • Trinity ( Trinity Prime) • Valkyr ( Valkyr Prime) • Vauban ( Vauban Prime) • Volt ( Volt Prime) • Wisp • Wukong ( Wukong Prime) • Zephyr ( Zephyr Prime)|
|Attributes • Augments • Compare All • Cosmetics|