Throw out grenades in an arc.
(HOLD) SHIELD SATELLITES
|Strength:200 / 250 / 350 / 500 ( Slash damage per second)|
200 / 300 / 400 / 500 (shield restore on attach)
25 / 30 / 40 / 50 (shield points per second)
|Range:2 / 3 / 4 / 5 m (vortex and pickup radii)|
|Misc:1 m (initial jump height)|
3 (shrapnel grenades per throw)
45° / 90° / 135° (shrapnel grenade spread)
33 % ( Slash status chance)
100 % (stagger chance)
4 (shield grenades per throw)
45° / 65° / 115° / 135° (shield grenade spread)
1 (limit of allies per satellite)
2 s (shield gate extension)
- Protea flourishes with a graceful leap, expending 25 Energy to jump up 1 meter then scattering a cluster of grenades thrown in an arcing trajectory toward the aiming reticle. Tapping or holding down the ability key (default ) causes Protea to throw one of her two grenade types: the Shrapnel Vortex or Shield Satellite.
- Protea reconfigures her two grenade types depending on the casting method:
- Tapping the ability key scatters 3 grenades along the 45, 90, and 135 degree angles, in the Shrapnel Vortex configuration. On impact with a surface or object, shrapnel grenades bounce away and fall to the ground; landing on a horizontal surface triggers the grenade to release a vortex of flying shrapnel, lasting for 13 seconds. Each shrapnel vortex spans a 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 meter radius, inflicts 200 / 250 / 350 / 500 Slash damage per second with a 33% status chance and a 100% chance to stagger enemies slightly or strongly on each hit.
- Grenade duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Vortex radius is affected by Ability Range.
- Damage per second is affected by Ability Strength.
- Shrapnel grenades per throw, shrapnel grenade spread, and status chances are not affected by mods.
- Shrapnel Vortexes do not require line of sight to damage and stun enemies within range.
- Shrapnel grenade uses a custom model that resembles the shape and pattern of a baseball. When deployed, the grenade spins rapidly in place while emitting a glow of energy particles.
- Shrapnel Vortex visually creates a sphere consisting of multiple trails of energy particles that encircle the grenade at high speed.
- Holding down the ability key instead scatters 4 grenades along the 45, 65, 115 and 135 degree angles, in the Shield Satellite configuration. On impact with a surface or object, shield grenades bounce away and fall to the ground; landing on a horizontal surface activates the satellites to take flight and seek out allies within 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 meters around the landing zone. When Protea or her allies move in range of a satellite, it will attach to the nearest target and orbit around 1 ally, instantly restoring 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 Shield points then constantly recharges 25 / 30 / 40 / 50 shield points per second until it reaches the Overshields limit. Each shield satellite lasts for 13 seconds once deployed, or until its target's shield gate is triggered; upon shield gate trigger, the satellite is destroyed to provide 2 extra seconds of invulnerability to its target.
- Pickup radius is affected by Ability Range.
- Shield restore on attach and shield points per second are affected by Ability Strength.
- Satellite duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Shield grenades per throw, shield grenade spread, limit of allies per satellite, and shield gate extension are not affected by mods.
- Satellites do not require line of sight to be picked up by allies in range.
- Each satellite's pickup radius will briefly appear when first deployed. While standing outside of the pickup radius, active satellites appear surrounded by an energy sphere to guide allies toward them.
- Shield points per second is constant throughout a satellite's lifetime, allowing shields and overshields to replenish upon taking damage.
- Eligible allies for satellite attachment include: Protea, other Warframes, Companions, Eidolon Lures, summoned allied units such as Specters, allied Invasion units, Hostages, Kavor Defectors, Sortie and Arbitrations Defense Operatives, and Defense Objects coming into the satellite's range.
- Has no effect on Inaros or Nidus, due to their lack of shields.
- Shield satellite uses a custom model that resembles a spherical device with visible mechanical parts. When deployed on the ground, the satellite floats and weaves around the air several meters above while an energy stream anchors it to the surface.
- Shield satellites visually orbit their target in a steady clockwise motion, directly facing it while funneling an energy stream to reinforce shields, represented by a translucent cluster of connected hexagons.
- Ability Synergy:
- Shrapnel vortexes contribute damage to Temporal Anchor's recorded damage pool for the implosion on rewind.
- Can be recast while active to deploy multiple instances of shrapnel vortexes and shield satellites.
- Casting Grenade Fan is a full-body animation that allows movement with enforced height displacement.
- Grenades travel along separate angles and in an arc. Aim at the ground to quickly deploy them in close proximity, or aim high to throw and scatter them over a long range, far apart from each other.
- Protea will always jump before throwing her grenades, even while she is airborne. Take into account the height difference when casting to land your grenades where you intend.
- Jump into the air and use Aim Glide while casting Grenade Fan repeatedly. This allows Protea to reorient herself by moving the reticle between throws to create lines of Shrapnel Vortexes facing different directions.
- Shrapnel Vortexes stun and push enemies away by staggering them on hit. Throw close together to quickly stack damage, procs, and stuns.
- Shield Satellites persist on allies even after Overshield cap is reached. Throw multiple times to provide autonomous cover for your team, that replaces destroyed satellites to protect allies as their shield gates are triggered by enemy damage.
- Activate Temporal Anchor and throw multiple Shrapnel Vortexes at groups of enemies. Direct damage from the vortexes, including damage over time from the Slash status effects, are all recorded to fuel the temporal implosion.
- Energy points spent on casting Grenade Fan will be restored by Temporal Anchor's rewind.
- Grenade Fan is the least expensive ability in Protea's kit, making it ideal to power up her passive Ability Strength bonus on every fourth cast.
- Shield Satellites persist on allies who transition into Archwing (either in open world areas or exiting a Railjack), extending their survivability.