Granum Crowns are a form of currency prized by the Corpus, said to be tokens of esteem from their founder Parvos Granum. Carried by Treasurers on Corpus Ships, the Tenno can defeat these Treasurers to claim the Crowns for their own use.
Granum Crowns will only appear after finishing The Deadlock Protocol quest.
In missions in the Corpus Ship tileset, Treasurers will spawn within 2-4 minutes in non-endless missions and within 5-8 minutes in endless missions. The Treasurer will announce his presence with dialogue and a waypoint, and players must kill the Treasurer to obtain a Granum Crown. Note that only one Treasurer can spawn in a mission, and thus only one Crown can be acquired per mission. The Crowns are unaffected by or , and must be manually picked up by players.
There are three tiers of Granum Crowns, each of which are found in a given level range. The Crowns' level ranges, as well as their descriptions, are listed below:
There are three uses for Granum Crowns: accessing the Granum Void, freeing captive Solaris, and gaining rewards from the Corpus Temple Reliefs, all within the Corpus Ship tileset. Note that players can spend Crowns acquired in a mission within the same mission.
To access the Granum Void, a player must offer one Crown to the Golden Hand Tributes scattered across the map, which will open the Granum Void for the entire squad. Each Crown has a respective difficulty in the Void and the Tributes can accept any Crowns regardless of the difference in level range (e.g. players can spend a standard Granum Crown to a Tribute in Pluto). Using a normal Granum Crown, an Exemplar Granum Crown, or a Zenith Granum Crown on a Golden Hand Tribute will grant access to the Granum Void, Extended Granum Void, or Nightmare Granum Void, respectively. However, players can only do this once per mission; once the Granum Void challenge is complete, any Tributes in the map will turn to face away from the player and can no longer be interacted with.
During a mission, players can hear and occasionally spot Solaris in restraints, begging to be released from their Corpus captors. Players can free the Solaris by spending a Crown, rewarding 300, 600, or 900 with Solaris United depending on the type of Crown used as the freed Solaris is teleported back to Fortuna. This can be done as many times as the player wants, provided they have enough Crowns in their inventories and/or Solaris on the map. Standing gained by freeing Solaris will count towards the Daily Standing limit of the player with Solaris United.
Lastly, players can find a Corpus Temple Relief, large pyramidal monuments with a statue of Parvos Granum in the middle. Spending a Crown at the console at the base of the statue will reward the player with one of The Tenets, describing Granum's philosophy of profit and rise to power, as well as a related Orbiter Decoration. Only the player who first spends a Crown at the monument will obtain a Tenet, other players may interact and donate a Crown after the sound animation has finished this will not play the lore as intended but will provide the reward for the other players. There are eleven Tenets, and each of them is rewarded in order regardless of the Crown used. If all of The Tenets have been unlocked, spending a Crown will reward the player with 1,000, 2,000, or 3,000 based on the Granum Crown level.
- Although Treasurers can spawn prior to the completion of The Deadlock Protocol, they will not drop Granum Crowns until The Deadlock Protocol has been completed.
- Treasurers can spawn in Grineer Galleon tileset as well, given that the particular mission node is occupied by the Corpus. A tier of Granum Crown dropped is determined by enemy level.
- To prevent the Granum Crown from being dropped in Extraction zones and therefore unreachable, the Treasurer will move away from it if he is within 35 meters. In addition, if the Granum Crown is dropped in Extraction, it will be teleported to a safe spot.
- Granum Crown drops are not affected by , 's , 's , , 's and Chesa Kubrow's .
- Granum Crowns are not affected by Resource Boosters.
- Nightmare Mode mission level modifier of +10 will affect the tier of the Granum Crown dropped.
- Example: Nightmare version of the Jackal fight on Venus is level 16-18 (instead of 6-8) and the Treasurer will drop an Examplar Granum Crown (instead of standard Granum Crown).
- Players cannot interact with the Golden Hand Tribute, Solaris captives, or Corpus Temple Relief console when there are enemies nearby.
- Only one Corpus Temple Relief room can spawn per mission.
- The Sergeant has a high chance of spawning in a Corpus Temple Relief room.
- The Treasurer may not spawn within the given timeframe of a mission if the host is completely inactive until the host makes an input.
- In real life Crowns have been used as a unit of currency since the late 19th century, and are still in use in Northern Europe.
|Resources / Components|