- For the soundtrack, see Grakata (Soundtrack).
The Grakata is a assault rifle standard issue for Lancers, Hellions and Commanders, capable of unloading a quick barrage of bullets upon enemies. The low base damage is offset by the Grakata's high critical chance and status chance. Coupled with its high fire rate, the Grakata is able to inflict large amounts of damage and statuses in short periods of time, at the cost of being extremely ammo inefficient and hard to control in sustained fire with its absurd recoil.
This is a requisite ingredient (x2) for .
- Can use the Grakata-exclusive and mods.
- Normal Attack
- High recoil.
- Normal Attack
- Very low damage
- Low reload speed
- Below average status chance
- Grakata (Normal Attack), compared to Prisma Grakata (Normal Attack):
- Lower base damage per projectile (11 vs. 15)
- Lower total damage (11 vs. 15)
- Lower base critical multiplier (2.0x vs. 2.5x)
- Lower base status chance (20.00% vs. 21.00%)
- Lower average damage per tap (13.75 vs. 20.62)
- Lower burst DPS (275 vs. 446.94)
- Lower sustained DPS (152.77 vs. 328.35)
- Lower fire rate (20 vs. 21.67)
- Smaller magazine (60 vs. 120)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (750 vs. 1000)
- Slower reload time (2.4 vs. 2)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (5 vs. 11)
- Higher disposition (●●●●● (1.35x) vs. ●●●●○ (1.30x))
The Grakata's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 125||Blueprints Price:15,000|
This weapon can be sold for 7,500; it is also a requisite ingredient (x2) for .
- This weapon can be treated as a side-grade to the , trading critical chance, magazine capacity, recoil, damage, and critical damage multiplier in exchange for a much greater status chance, rate of fire and maximum ammo capacity. it also does not require a spin-up period to fire at full speed.
- Due to its inefficient ammo economy, one can find themselves running out of ammo very quickly.
- With a fully ranked , the Grakata can hold up to 1,035 rounds, magazine included.
- The Grakata has a high chance of cutting corpses into pieces despite the fact that the Grakata's primary damage type is , making it an ideal candidate for a Desecrating to bring along, as the game considers the cut corpses as separate entities, essentially giving multiple corpses to desecrate from a single enemy and thus yielding more chances to create more drops.
- Holding the trigger down and spraying bullets is not recommended, as the strong recoil of the weapon can easily waste of a lot of ammo. The Grakata's reload time also becomes far more of a problem on full auto, as the weapon discharges its entire magazine in 3 seconds without mods. Firing short bursts helps to increase your accuracy. Aim low when firing longer bursts to compensate for recoil.
- If you're leveling the weapon and running low on ammo, remember that weapons gain experience for assists as well, so one can damage an enemy with just one shot and then finish him with other weapon (Melee is recommended to bypass holster times).
- Using and/or can also help to recover ammo lost due to the weapon's habit of burning through ammo quickly. Alternatively, can be used, trading out some ammo conversion efficiency for a minor boost to DPS.
- There are various mods you can use to counteract the Grakata's high recoil.
- is recommended as it reduces the recoil without compromising its fire rate.
- can be used as an alternative as the increased critical chance brings higher damage output and the lower fire rate decreases the recoil. However, this will lower overall DPS and it cannot be equipped simultaneously with .
- can be used as another alternative, reducing both recoil and fire rate. It will increase accuracy on medium and long distances, albeit at the cost of lowering overall DPS.
- Reducing the fire rate with the previously mentioned mods does also help with ammo efficiency as well, since firing slower means consuming ammo slower. Some players may find that this benefit more than compensates for the loss of DPS.
- is a good choice for the Grakata, as the weapon's deceptively high accuracy mitigates the accuracy penalty generated by the mod, reducing the overall bullet spread. However, this is difficult to fully utilize without the simultaneous addition of one of the mods mentioned above as Heavy Caliber's accuracy penalty will be greatly exacerbated with the Grakata's high recoil.
- The Grakata will benefit the most from , as the weapon has both a high status chance and critical chance, and will receive extra critical damage alongside a boost to status chance.
- Due to its high status chance and incredibly high firing speed, Grakata is able to proc many status effects rapidly.
- Although a large portion of procs will be physical-damage based, the Grakata is still easily capable of causing all possible procs in a single burst.
- Area-of-effect procs such as and damage are effective at all levels. Electric can also be used to stun targets.
- The Gas & Electric combination can be remarkably effective against thick swarms of lower level light Infested.
- Grakata is ideal for rapidly stacking effects to quickly strip higher level armored enemies of their thick armor (up to 80%), or for using for crowd control.
- To significantly decrease time-to-kill for higher level content, elemental procs are recommended, to increase damage to enemies health by a significant amount.
- The magazine is the round ball on the bottom of the grip, not the box on the front end of the barrel. This is similar to some SMGs that have the magazine inside the grip such as the Mac-11.
- The spherical magazine suggests that Grakata uses a very small-caliber and helical layout.
- The large box assembly may be a gas block, suggesting the Grakata uses the gas operated method of auto-loading.
- The Grakata's standard fire rate of 20 rounds per second equates to 1,200 RPM, similar to that of the fastest available submachine guns today.
- Along with the Ignis, the Grakata has four visible lines of text on various parts of the gun. The ones marked by a red Grineer symbol, translates to "Want to know" (close to the trigger) and meaning "Grineer" (closest to the muzzle), while the other two lines of text are just random letters, numbers and symbols.
- The Grakata used to share the same reload animation and sound as the , probably because they both share the same basic model. The reload sound does not seem to fit the Grakata however, as it sounds as if a tank of gas or fuel is being replaced rather than a magazine of bullets.
- This was eventually fixed in Update 18.5 (2016-03-04), with the animation simply cutting short.
- Lowest base damage of all fully automatic rifles.
- Second fastest fire rate of all primary weapons, behind .
- , the Prisma variant.
- , the Akimbo secondary variant.
- Lancers, the Grineer infantry that use this weapon.
- Hellions, specialized Lancers that use this weapon.
- Commanders, the Grineer heavy units that use this weapon.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|