- For the soundtrack, see Grakata (Soundtrack).
The Grakata is a standard-issue Grineer assault rifle used by Lancers, Hellions and Commanders, capable of unloading a quick barrage of bullets upon enemies. Despite having a low amount of damage and very high recoil, the Grakata has a high critical chance and status chance. Coupled with its high fire rate, the Grakata is able to inflict a large amount of status effects and a deceiving amount of damage in short periods of time, at the cost of being extremely ammo inefficient and hard to control in sustained fire.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- Near-equal physical damage – effective against all factions, Sentient and Shadow Stalker.
- Very high critical chance.
- High status chance.
- Second fastest fire rate of all primary weapons, behind Prisma Grakata.
- Relatively large reserve ammo size.
- Can use the Grakata-exclusive Brain Storm and Wild Frenzy mods.
- Lowest base damage of all fully automatic rifles; very reliant on its high critical damage potential.
- Ill-suited against Object-based health as it nullifies any critical hits.
- High recoil makes it difficult to shoot down enemies beyond medium range.
- High rate of fire and recoil hinders the weapon's high accuracy.
- Slow reload speed.
- Inefficient ammo economy.
- Fairly low magazine size for such a high fire rate weapon.
- Grakata, compared to Prisma Grakata:
- Lower base damage (11.0 vs. 15.0)
- Lower critical multiplier (2x vs. 2.5x)
- Lower status chance (20% vs. 21%)
- Lower fire rate (20 rounds/sec vs. 21.67 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (60 rounds vs. 120 rounds)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (750 rounds vs. 1000 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (2.4 s vs. 2 s)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (5 vs. 11)
- Higher disposition (1.35 vs. 1.3)
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The Grakata's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 125||Blueprints Price:15,000|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This weapon can be treated as a side-grade to the Soma, trading critical chance, magazine capacity, recoil, damage, and critical damage multiplier in exchange for a much greater status chance, rate of fire and maximum ammo capacity. it also does not require a spin-up period to fire at full speed.
- Due to its inefficient ammo economy, one can find themselves running out of ammo very quickly.
- With a fully ranked Ammo Drum, the Grakata can hold up to 1,035 rounds, magazine included.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Grakata has a high chance of cutting corpses into pieces despite the fact that the Grakata's primary damage type is Impact, making it an ideal candidate for a Desecrating Nekros to bring along, as the game considers the cut corpses as separate entities, essentially giving multiple corpses to desecrate from a single enemy and thus yielding more chances to create more drops.
- Holding the trigger down and spraying bullets is not recommended, as the strong recoil of the weapon can easily waste of a lot of ammo. The Grakata's reload time also becomes far more of a problem on full auto, as the weapon discharges its entire magazine in 3 seconds without mods. Firing short bursts helps to increase your accuracy. Aim low when firing longer bursts to compensate for recoil.
- If you're leveling the weapon and running low on ammo, remember that weapons gain experience for assists as well, so one can damage an enemy with just one shot and then finish him with other weapon (Melee is recommended to avoid the switch time).
- Using Rifle Ammo Mutation can also help to recover ammo lost due to the weapon's habit of burning through ammo quickly. Alternatively, use Rifle Scavenger or Squad Ammo Restores. Using Carrier's Ammo Case is also recommended.
- There are various mods you can use to counteract the Grakata's high recoil.
- Stabilizer is recommended as it reduces the recoil without compromising its fire rate.
- Critical Delay can be used as an alternative as the increased critical chance brings higher damage output and the lower fire rate decreases the recoil. However, this will lower overall DPS.
- Vile Precision can be used as another alternative, reducing both recoil and fire rate. It will increase accuracy on medium and long distances, albeit at the cost of lowering overall DPS.
- Heavy Caliber is a good choice for the Grakata, as the weapon's deceptively high accuracy mitigates the accuracy penalty generated by the mod, reducing the overall bullet spread. However, this is difficult to fully utilize without the simultaneous addition of one of the mods mentioned above as Heavy Caliber's accuracy penalty will be greatly exacerbated with the Grakata's high recoil.
- The Grakata will benefit the most from Hammer Shot, as the weapon has both a high status chance and critical chance, and will receive extra critical damage alongside a boost to status chance.
- Due to its high status chance and incredibly high firing speed, Grakata is able to proc many status effects rapidly.
- Although a large portion of procs will be physical-damage based, the Grakata is still easily capable of causing all possible procs in a single burst.
- Area-of-effect procs such as Gas and Electricity damage are effective at all levels. Electric can also be used to stun targets.
- The Gas & Electric combination can be remarkably effective against thick swarms of lower level light Infested.
- Grakata is ideal for rapidly stacking Corrosive effects to quickly strip higher level armored enemies of their thick armor (up to 80%), or for using Radiation for crowd control.
- To significantly decrease time-to-kill for higher level content, Viral elemental procs are recommended, to increase damage to enemies health by a significant amount.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The magazine is the round ball on the bottom of the grip, not the box on the front end of the barrel. This is similar to some SMGs that have the magazine inside the grip such as the Mac-11.
- The spherical magazine suggests that Grakata uses a very small-caliber and helical layout.
- The large box assembly may be a gas block, suggesting the Grakata uses the gas operated method of auto-loading.
- The Grakata's standard fire rate of 20 rounds per second equates to 1,200 RPM, similar to that of the fastest available submachine guns today.
- Along with the Ignis, the Grakata has four visible lines of text on various parts of the gun. The ones marked by a red Grineer symbol, translates to "Want to know" (close to the trigger) and meaning "Grineer" (closest to the muzzle), while the other two lines of text are just random letters, numbers and symbols.
- The Grakata used to share the same reload animation and sound as the Ignis, probably because they both share the same basic model. The reload sound does not seem to fit the Grakata however, as it sounds as if a tank of gas or fuel is being replaced rather than a magazine of bullets.
- This was eventually fixed in Update 18.5, with the animation simply cutting short.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Lancers, the Grineer infantry that use this weapon.
- Hellions, specialized Lancers that also use this weapon.
- Commanders, the Grineer heavy units that use this weapon.
- Prisma Grakata, the Prisma version of this weapon.
- Twin Grakatas, the Akimbo variant of this weapon.