The Gorgon Wraith is the Wraith variant of the , featuring a slight increase in damage, accuracy, fire rate, status chance, and magazine size, at the cost of critical rate.
- This weapon deals primarily damage.
- damage is effective against shields.
- Has a short wind-up time of 6 rounds to reach optimal firing rate.
- Fire rate starts at 20% of the listed value, and increases by 16% per shot.
- Very high status chance.
- Fast maximum fire rate.
- Very large magazine size.
- Can use the Gorgon-exclusive mod . (Conclave only)
- Spool-up creates a warm-up period of weakness for fire rate, making short engagements undesirable.
- Low critical multiplier.
- Low accuracy.
- High visual recoil.
- Slow reload speed.
- Inefficient ammo economy.
- Gorgon Wraith (Fully Spooled), compared to Gorgon (Fully Spooled):
- Higher base damage per projectile (27 vs. 25)
- Higher total damage (27 vs. 25)
- Lower base critical chance (15% vs. 17%)
- Higher base critical multiplier (1.9x vs. 1.5x)
- Higher base status chance (21% vs. 9%)
- Higher average damage per shot (30.65 vs. 27.13)
- Higher burst DPS (408.5 vs. 339.06)
- Higher sustained DPS (282.83 vs. 214.14)
- Higher fire rate (13.33 round(s)/sec vs. 12.5 round(s)/sec)
- Larger max ammo capacity (900 round(s) vs. 540 round(s))
- Faster reload time (3 s vs. 4.2 s)
- Faster spool-up (6 round(s) vs. 9 round(s))
- More accurate (16.7 vs. 12.5)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (7 vs. 3)
- Lower disposition (1.35 vs. 1.4)
- Gorgon Wraith (Fully Spooled), compared to Prisma Gorgon (Fully Spooled):
- Higher base damage per projectile (27 vs. 23)
- Higher total damage (27 vs. 23)
- Lower base critical chance (15% vs. 30%)
- Lower base critical multiplier (1.9x vs. 2.3x)
- Higher base status chance (21% vs. 15%)
- Lower average damage per shot (30.65 vs. 31.97)
- Lower burst DPS (408.5 vs. 453.01)
- Lower sustained DPS (282.83 vs. 334.51)
- Lower fire rate (13.33 round(s)/sec vs. 14.17 round(s)/sec)
- Smaller magazine (90 round(s) vs. 120 round(s))
- Larger max ammo capacity (900 round(s) vs. 840 round(s))
- Faster spool-up (6 round(s) vs. 7 round(s))
- Less accurate (16.7 vs. 20)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (7 vs. 11)
- Higher disposition (1.35 vs. 1.3)
On May 9, 2017, Hotfix 20.4.4 (2017-05-08) and Hotfix 20.4.5 (2017-05-09), a bug allowed Gorgon Wraith parts to drop from Jackal. This was a very short-lived bug, but dissemination of information on the forum allowed many users to learn of and exploit this bug before DE quickly corrected it. The parts and weapon were not removed from users' inventories.
The blueprint and parts are now obtainable from the Razorback Invasion via Assassination. All the components can be traded, although players must have a Mastery Rank of at least 7 to acquire the blueprint.
|Main Blueprint||18.97%||10 – 11 kills||39 ± 11 kills|
All drop rates data is obtained from DE's official droptables.
Expected refers to total number of attempts a player can expect to need in order to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of attempts a player needs to obtain a 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
For more detailed definitions and information on how these number were obtained, visit here.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
- After the spool-up time, it is possible to use the Gorgon in quick short bursts, allowing you to keep up the high rate of fire, but with less recoil and less bullets wasted, making the Gorgon usable at medium to medium-long ranges.
- You can retain the "charge" of the fire rate by sprinting. This way the weapon stops shooting, but as long as you keep held down, the fire rate will not reset and the weapon will resume fast firing once you stop sprinting.
- Use the mod or the Carrier Sentinel equipped with to compensate for lost ammo due to the weapon's high rate of fire consuming ammunition on full spool.
- decreases the charge time considerably, though the increased maximum fire rate causes the weapon to burn through ammo reserves extremely quickly and cause more misses as the recoil throws bullets out more. Consider firing in bursts.
- Compared to its Prisma variant, the Wraith has a better status chance, which allows it to remove armor more reliably and thus surpass the Prisma's higher upfront damage numbers. Against enemies with no armor however, the Prisma will produce more reliable damage.
- The Gorgon Wraith is the second Primary Wraith weapon ever released, following the .
- The Gorgon Wraith only has an upgrade in stats and comes with no default polarities.
- The Gorgon Wraith can use both the Desert Tactics skin and the Day of the Dead skin.
Gorgon Wraith Skins
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|