Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- Good base damage.
- Good critical chance.
- High status chance.
- High sustainable fire rate.
- Large magazine size.
- Can use the Gorgon-exclusive mod Gorgon Frenzy. (Conclave only)
- Low Puncture and Slash damage – less effective against armor and health.
- Below average critical multiplier.
- Has a short wind-up time of 6 rounds to reach optimal firing rate.
- Fire rate starts at 20% of the listed value, and increases by 16% per shot.
- Inaccurate beyond medium range.
- Inefficient ammo economy.
- Very slow reload speed.
- Noticeable screen shake.
- Gorgon Wraith, compared to Gorgon:
- Higher base damage (27.0 vs. 25.0)
- Lower critical chance (15% vs. 17%)
- Higher critical multiplier (1.9x vs. 1.5x)
- Higher status chance (21% vs. 9%)
- Higher fire rate (13.3 rounds/sec vs. 12.5 rounds/sec)
- Larger max ammo capacity (900 rounds vs. 540 rounds)
- Faster reload speed (3 s vs. 4.2 s)
- Faster spool-up (6 rounds vs. 9 rounds)
- More accurate (17 vs. 12)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (7 vs. 3)
- Lower disposition (1.35 vs. 1.4)
- Gorgon Wraith, compared to Prisma Gorgon:
- Higher base damage (27.0 vs. 23.0)
- Lower critical chance (15% vs. 30%)
- Lower critical multiplier (1.9x vs. 2.3x)
- Higher status chance (21% vs. 15%)
- Lower fire rate (13.3 rounds/sec vs. 14.17 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (90 rounds vs. 120 rounds)
- Larger max ammo capacity (900 rounds vs. 840 rounds)
- Faster spool-up (6 rounds vs. 7 rounds)
- Less accurate (17 vs. 20)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (7 vs. 11)
- Higher disposition (1.35 vs. 1.3)
On May 9, 2017, Hotfix 20.4.4 and Hotfix 20.4.5, a bug allowed Gorgon Wraith parts to drop from Jackal. This was a very short-lived bug, but dissemination of information on the forum allowed many users to learn of and exploit this bug before DE quickly corrected it. The parts and weapon were not removed from users' inventories.
The blueprint and parts are now obtainable from the Razorback Invasion via Assassination. All the components can be traded, although players must have a Mastery Rank of at least 7 to acquire the blueprint.
|Main Blueprint||18.97%||10 – 11 kills||39 ± 11 kills|
All drop rates data is obtained from DE's official droptables.
Expected refers to total number of attempts a player can expect to need in order to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of attempts a player needs to obtain a 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
For more detailed definitions and information on how these number were obtained, visit here.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- After the spool-up time, it is possible to use the Gorgon in quick short bursts, allowing you to keep up the high rate of fire, but with less recoil and less bullets wasted, making the Gorgon usable at medium to medium-long ranges.
- You can retain the "charge" of the fire rate by sprinting. This way the weapon stops shooting, but as long as you keep held down, the fire rate will not reset and the weapon will resume fast firing once you stop sprinting.
- Use the Rifle Ammo Mutation mod or the Carrier Sentinel equipped with Ammo Case to compensate for lost ammo due to the weapon's high rate of fire consuming ammunition on full spool.
- Speed Trigger decreases the charge time considerably, though the increased maximum fire rate causes the weapon to burn through ammo reserves extremely quickly and cause more misses as the recoil throws bullets out more. Consider firing in bursts.
- Compared to its Prisma variant, the Wraith has a better status chance, which allows it to remove armor more reliably and thus surpass the Prisma's higher upfront damage numbers. Against enemies with no armor however, the Prisma will produce more reliable damage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Gorgon Wraith is the second Primary Wraith weapon ever released, following the Strun Wraith.
- The Gorgon Wraith only has an upgrade in stats and comes with no default polarities.
- The Gorgon Wraith can use both the Desert Tactics skin and the Day of the Dead skin.
Media[edit | edit source]
Gorgon Wraith Skins
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Gorgon, the regular version.
- Prisma Gorgon, the Void Trader exclusive Prisma version.
- Wraith, a special weapon variant.