The Gorgon is a powerful Grineer light machine gun with high fire-rate and a huge magazine, wielded by Heavy Gunners, Grineer Wardens and Lieutenant Lech Kril. It has a small spool-up period during which it fires slowly, before reaching its maximum fire rate.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- High Impact damage – effective against shields.
- Good critical chance.
- High sustainable rate of fire.
- Large magazine size.
- Can use the Gorgon-exclusive Gorgon Frenzy mod. (Conclave only)
- Low Slash and Puncture damage – less effective against health and armor.
- Requires a spool-up of 15 shots before optimal fire rate is achieved.
- Low critical multiplier.
- Low status chance.
- Inefficient ammo economy.
- Second slowest reload speed of all primary rifles, after Trumna.
- Gorgon, compared to Gorgon Wraith:
- Lower base damage (25.0 vs. 27.0)
- Higher critical chance (17% vs. 15%)
- Lower critical multiplier (1.5x vs. 1.9x)
- Lower status chance (9% vs. 21%)
- Lower fire rate (12.5 rounds/sec vs. 13.3 rounds/sec)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (540 rounds vs. 900 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (4.2 s vs. 3 s)
- Slower spool-up (15 rounds vs. 10 rounds)
- Less accurate (12 vs. 17)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (3 vs. 7)
- Higher disposition (1.4 vs. 1.35)
- Gorgon, compared to Prisma Gorgon:
- Higher base damage (25.0 vs. 23.0)
- Lower critical chance (17% vs. 30%)
- Lower critical multiplier (1.5x vs. 2.3x)
- Lower status chance (9% vs. 15%)
- Lower fire rate (12.5 rounds/sec vs. 14.17 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (90 rounds vs. 120 rounds)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (540 rounds vs. 840 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (4.2 s vs. 3 s)
- Slower spool-up (15 rounds vs. 12 rounds)
- Less accurate (12 vs. 20)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (3 vs. 11)
- Higher disposition (1.4 vs. 1.3)
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Gorgon Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Gorgon Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
The Gorgon's blueprint can be dropped by Heavy Gunners, Arid Heavy Gunners, Grineer Wardens, and Gokstad Officer. Unlike other weapons, the Gorgon cannot be purchased from the Market, nor researched in the Clan Dojo.
|Main Blueprint||1%||100 kills||687 ± 229 kills|
Expected refers to total number of attempts a player can expect to need in order to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of attempts a player needs to obtain a 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
For more detailed definitions and information on how these number were obtained, visit here.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Gorgon is exceptionally useful to fight the Jackal or any other enemy that requires sustained damage, although you should just shoot down the legs and reload while the Jackal is on the ground. Sustained fire wastes bullets when the boss is transitioning.
- After the spool up time, it is possible to use the Gorgon in quick short bursts, allowing you to keep up the high rate of fire, but with less recoil and fewer bullets wasted, making the Gorgon usable at medium to medium-long ranges.
- You can retain the 'charge' of the fire rate by sprinting. This way the weapon stops shooting but as long as you keep the fire button held down, the fire rate will not reset and the weapon will resume fast firing once you stop sprinting.
- Use the Rifle Ammo Mutation mod or the Carrier Sentinel equipped with Ammo Case to compensate for lost ammo due to the weapon's high rate of fire consuming ammunition on full spool.
- Speed Trigger decreases the spool-up time considerably, though the increased maximum fire rate causes the weapon to burn through ammo reserves extremely quickly. Consider firing in bursts.
- Stabilizer can be used to reduce recoil and make the weapon more steady.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Gorgon is used by all Heavy Gunner variants, including the Corrupted Variant.
- Manic Bombards, introduced in the Operation: Tubemen of Regor, use the Gorgon.
- It is used by Lieutenant Lech Kril as his primary weapon during his first stage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Greek mythology, there are three Gorgons (Γοργών); Stheno, Euryale, and Medusa. Their hair was made of living snakes, and Medusa could turn people into stone by making eye contact.
- The word Gorgon (Γοργώ) is derived from the Greek word "gorgós," meaning "dreadful".
- The box on the right side of the trigger is the magazine, as seen in the current reload animation.
- The Gorgon appears to use a motor-driven feed system and action as there is a sound akin to a motor spinning down when the trigger is released. This may also explain the need to spool up before it reaches the full fire rate.
- As of around Update 12.4, the Gorgon's sound effects have been updated. It does not appear to have the spooling down sound effect any more.
- Grineer Heavy Gunners have a description "High damage minigun" implying directly on their weapons although the Gorgon is a Light Machine Gun.
- The words appear just above the trigger, translating to "Not Touc", most likely "Do not touch" with some letters rubbed out.
- The words can be found on the side of the barrel, near the end of the gun translating to "Big Hurt FP4337".
- This weapon was removed from the market in Update 10.3, and its blueprint was only available from Login Rewards tier 2 and 3 prior to Update 18.0. In Hotfix: Specters of the Rail 1.1 it was added as a drop to the Arid Heavy Gunner.
- The Arid Heavy Gunner's Gorgon deals mostly Slash rather than Impact.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Gorgon Wraith, the Event-exclusive Wraith version.
- Prisma Gorgon, the Void Trader exclusive version.
- Lieutenant Lech Kril, the boss who uses this weapon.
- Heavy Gunner, the Grineer heavy unit that uses this weapon.
- Manic Bombard, the Sealab Sabotage mini-boss that uses this weapon.
- Supra, the Corpus counterpart of this gun.
- Gorgon Frenzy, a Conclave exclusive mod for the Gorgon.