The Gorgon is a powerful Grineer light machine gun with high fire-rate and a huge magazine, wielded by Heavy Gunners, Grineer Wardens and Lieutenant Lech Kril. It has a small spool-up period during which it fires slowly, before reaching its maximum fire rate.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- High damage – effective against shields.
- Good critical chance.
- High sustainable rate of fire.
- Large magazine size.
- Can use the Gorgon-exclusive mod. (Conclave only)
- Low and damage – less effective against health and armor.
- Requires a spool-up of 9 shots before optimal fire rate is achieved.
- Fire rate starts at 20% of its listed value, and increases by 10.667% per shot.
- Low critical multiplier.
- Low status chance.
- Inefficient ammo economy.
- Second slowest reload speed of all primary rifles, after .
- Gorgon, compared to Gorgon Wraith:
- Lower base damage (25 vs. 27)
- Higher critical chance (17% vs. 15%)
- Lower critical multiplier (1.5x vs. 1.9x)
- Lower status chance (9% vs. 21%)
- Lower fire rate (12.5 rounds/sec vs. 13.3 rounds/sec)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (540 rounds vs. 900 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (4.2 s vs. 3 s)
- Slower spool-up (9 rounds vs. 6 rounds)
- Less accurate (13 vs. 17)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (3 vs. 7)
- Higher disposition (1.4 vs. 1.35)
- Gorgon, compared to Prisma Gorgon:
- Higher base damage (25 vs. 23)
- Lower critical chance (17% vs. 30%)
- Lower critical multiplier (1.5x vs. 2.3x)
- Lower status chance (9% vs. 15%)
- Lower fire rate (12.5 rounds/sec vs. 14.17 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (90 rounds vs. 120 rounds)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (540 rounds vs. 840 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (4.2 s vs. 3 s)
- Slower spool-up (9 rounds vs. 7 rounds)
- Less accurate (13 vs. 20)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (3 vs. 11)
- Higher disposition (1.4 vs. 1.3)
|Main Blueprint||1%||100 kills||687 ± 229 kills|
All drop rates data is obtained from DE's official droptables.
Expected refers to total number of attempts a player can expect to need in order to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of attempts a player needs to obtain a 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
For more detailed definitions and information on how these number were obtained, visit here.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- After the spool up time, it is possible to use the Gorgon in quick short bursts, allowing you to keep up the high rate of fire, but with less recoil and fewer bullets wasted, making the Gorgon usable at medium to medium-long ranges.
- You can retain the 'charge' of the fire rate by sprinting. This way the weapon stops shooting but as long as you keep the fire button held down, the fire rate will not reset and the weapon will resume fast firing once you stop sprinting.
- Use the mod or the Carrier Sentinel equipped with to compensate for lost ammo due to the weapon's high rate of fire consuming ammunition on full spool.
- decreases the spool-up time considerably, though the increased maximum fire rate causes the weapon to burn through ammo reserves extremely quickly. Consider firing in bursts.
- can be used to reduce recoil and make the weapon more steady.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Greek mythology, there are three Gorgons (Γοργών); Stheno, Euryale, and Medusa. Their hair was made of living snakes, and Medusa could turn people into stone by making eye contact.
- The word Gorgon (Γοργώ) is derived from the Greek word "gorgós," meaning "dreadful".
- Before Update 11.0, General Sargas Ruk used it as his primary weapon.
- The box on the right side of the trigger is the magazine, as seen in the current reload animation.
- The Gorgon appears to use a motor-driven feed system and action as there is a sound akin to a motor spinning down when the trigger is released. This may also explain the need to spool up before it reaches the full fire rate.
- As of around Update 12.4, the Gorgon's sound effects have been updated. It does not appear to have the spooling down sound effect any more.
- Grineer Heavy Gunners have a description "High damage minigun" implying directly on their weapons although the Gorgon is a Light Machine Gun.
- The words appear just above the trigger, translating to "Not Touc", most likely "Do not touch" with some letters rubbed out.
- The words can be found on the side of the barrel, near the end of the gun translating to "Big Hurt FP4337".
- This weapon was removed from the market in Update 10.3, and its blueprint was only available from Login Rewards tier 2 and 3 prior to Update 18.0. In Hotfix: Specters of the Rail 1.1 it was added as a drop to the Arid Heavy Gunner.
- The Arid Heavy Gunner's Gorgon deals mostly rather than .
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- , the Event-exclusive Wraith version.
- , the Void Trader exclusive version.
- Lieutenant Lech Kril, the boss who uses this weapon.
- Heavy Gunner, the Grineer heavy unit that uses this weapon.
- Manic Bombard, the Sealab Sabotage mini-boss that uses this weapon.
- , the Corpus counterpart of this gun.
- , a Conclave exclusive mod for the Gorgon.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|