“It's taking longer than I calculated.”This page is actively being worked on and may not be completely correct. Please assist in making this page accurate.
Gokstad Crewships are heavily armored Grineer troop transport ships, found in Empyrean missions, that can only be destroyed by the Railjack's Forward Artillery or internal reactor sabotage. They sport homing missiles commanded from three posts, and can be boarded to take command of those posts, pilot the ship, or destroy the central reactor. In addition, they can fire up to four Ramsleds in an effort to board the player's Railjack.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
Gokstad Crewships are heavily armored, shrugging off all but the most powerful of the player's attacks. Normal Railjack armaments and Archguns will likely be reduced to scratch damage. Munitions are able to penetrate the Crewship's defenses, though several shots will likely be required to destroy the vessel. Destroying a Crewship quickly and efficiently will require the Tenno to use the forward Artillery on the Railjack, or to infiltrate the vessel using an Archwing and destroy the Crewship's reactor from the inside.
Crewships are armed with homing missile launchers and can launch up to four Ramsleds to send personnel to board the Railjack. Tenno infiltrating the Crewship can silence the missile launchers and Ramsleds by killing the Crewship's pilot, gunners, and crew; afterward, the Tenno may also hijack the Crewship, piloting it much like their own Railjack, while also becoming a valid target against other Grineer fighters.
Exo Crewships are capable of deploying a healing bubble that quickly regenerates the health of nearby fighters, even if players are commandeering it. The bubble homes in on a selected ally, and expands once it reaches its target. Much like a Nullifier bubble the healing bubble can be shot, shrinking it down and even destroying it once it receives enough damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Any Tenno inside a Crewship when it explodes are merely ejected into space in Archwing mode.
- If the Crewship's health reaches 0 from Arch-guns or Railjack turrets, it will not be immediately defeated. The ship will be temporarily disabled for several seconds, then begin regenerating its health.
- However, if the Crewship's reactor is destroyed and then the ship reaches 0 health, it will immediately explode.
- At Fighter level 30-33 onwards, the Crewship's reactor will be protected by a shield, making it impervious to damage until players disable it by Hacking the nearby console.
- If the Crewship reaches 0 health while commandeered by a Tenno, the reactor meltdown sequence will occur.
- The Crewship has three turrets: one monitored by the Gokstad Pilot, and two manned by Elite Lancer's on the ship's right and below deck.
- The healing bubbles of Exo crewships double as a defensive shield, completely blocking munitions, guns, and forward artillery. Taking these down is a must especially if blocking crewships themselves.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Because of their high durability and inability to be destroyed by archguns and turrets (especially the pilot's), their highly damaging missile launchers that can down Archwings with ease, and their ability to deploy Ramsleds and (in the case of the Exo variant) healing bubbles, eliminating Gokstad Crewships should be an immediate priority for Tenno crew.
- The reactors of lower tier Crewships lack protection and can be destroyed from the hold using weapons with sufficient Punch Through.
- The Crewship's missiles do considerable damage, but can be shot down before they impact the Railjack. The Photor is particularly good at this due to continuous hitscan properties.
- The Crewship's individual engines can also be targeted by Archguns, slowing it down if not completely immobilizing it until its crew restarts at least one engine.
- The Forward Artillery will deal no damage when aimed at an engine that is already destroyed. Thus, this tactic is rather poor for efficiently running missions.
- Destroying all three engines will disable the Crewship's weaponry and also kills half of its crew.
- Killing the Pilot and Elite Lancer gunners will completely disable the ship's armaments, preventing them from further harming the Railjack and allowing Tenno to safely fly away as they disembark the Crewship.
- Crewships deal Incendiary damage, which can be resisted by the Heat Sink avionic.
- Even the highest level Crewships will be destroyed in a single shot to the engines from the Forward Artillery, without any damage boosting avionics. Landing a 'bullseye' on the thrusters is not necessary, the entire body of any engine will work reliably.
- The side engines are the easiest target for Forward Artillery, as it can be rather difficult to tell where the body of the middle engine begins and ends.
- Quickly taking over a crewship by killing the gunners and pilot, then getting into the pilot seat marks the ship to other Grineer as Tenno-owned and will begin focusing down the ship. Tenno crew can then leave the ship and use it as a distraction to keep enemies (and even other crewships) from attacking the railjack. This is useful for solo play for players not confident enough in landing shots with artillery from great distances or against constantly swerving targets.
- Due to its heavy defenses it will take an extremely long time for even several crewships to even make a dent in the hijacked one, however Turret defenses on objectives (such as missile bases) will make short work of the crewship and its sluggish speed compared to even Archwings makes it a poor choice for hit-and-running objectives.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Gokstad Crewship is named for the Gokstad ship, a 9th-century Viking ship found in a burial mound at Gokstad, Norway.
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]