- Innate damage – effective against Alloy Armor, Shielded, and Infested Sinew.
- Decent critical chance.
- Highest status chance of all continuous and automatic primary weapons.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- High magazine size.
- High ammo reserves.
- The zone of impact or maximum beam range produces a damaging cold blotch in a spherical radius of 2 meters, allowing it to hit multiple enemies at once.
- Consumes 0.5 ammo per tick of damage.
- Kills create an extra corpse, synergizing with ' .
- Innate damage – less effective against Infested Flesh and Fossilized.
- Damage ramps up from 30% to 100% over 0.6 seconds when firing. After firing stops for 0.8 seconds, the damage decays back to 30% over 2 seconds.
- Limited range of 28 meters.
- Aoe radius cannot be increased with
- Glaxion Vandal (Normal Attack), compared to Glaxion (Normal Attack):
- Higher base damage per projectile (29 vs. 26)
- Higher total damage (29 vs. 26)
- Higher base critical chance (14.00% vs. 8.00%)
- Higher base status chance (38.00% vs. 34.00%)
- Higher average damage per tap (33.06 vs. 28.08)
- Higher burst DPS (396.72 vs. 336.96)
- Lower sustained DPS (1586.88 vs. 1809.18)
- Larger magazine (100 vs. 80)
- Larger max ammo capacity (1000 vs. 720)
- Faster reload time (1.8 vs. 2.2)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (12 vs. 8)
- Lower disposition (●●●●○ (1.25x) vs. ●●●●○ (1.30x))
Drop was re-deployed by watching Prime Time episode 273 with a Twitch-linked account for 30 consecutive minutes on December 19, 2019.
On June 5th, 2020, the weapon is now potentially sold by Baro Ki'Teer in the Concourse section of the Tenno Relay for 250,000 and 475. Note that Baro Ki'Teer's stock changes with each appearance, and this weapon may not be available on a succeeding appearance.
- The zone of impact or maximum beam range creates a spherical area of effect of 2 meters, dealing the weapon's full damage (i.e. there is no damage falloff).
- The range of the area of effect is unaffected by .
- Punch Through affects the location of the weapon's area of effect. The weapon's area of effect is applied at the final point of contact rather than whenever an enemy is struck.
- The Glaxion Vandal is capable of freezing enemies solid with sustained fire if it kills them. Enemies will progressively turn icy blue (spreading from the point of contact), and eventually become completely solid upon death. Frozen enemies can then be shattered by other attacks. This only applies to normal enemies such as Lancers, Crewmen, and MOAs—Ospreys will simply explode upon death.
- Even if the weapon is modified to have a non- damage type (such as damage), the Glaxion will still freeze foes solid if it kills them.
- Amusingly, it can freeze enemies with damage effects upon death, this effect is merely visual.
- Whether or not they display frozen visuals, enemies killed by the Glaxion create two corpses due to the "shatter" death animation (though the extra corpse may not be visible).
- When combining elemental mods, the Glaxion's innate damage is added last.
- Enemies that are frozen solid will take at least 1 hit from any source to be destroyed regardless of how much damage it is dealt. This can block powerful enemy projectiles such as Napalm and Bombard shots.
- Frozen corpses remain solid for 3 seconds before deteriorating which takes 5 seconds.
- Some enemy abilities still remain in effect while deteriorating such as a Nullifier Crewman's bubble, which will start to grow back while deteriorating.
- The weapon's innate Cold damage, along with its decent critical stats, means that a combination of and procs can be quite potent, and easily achieved with the aforementioned Hunter Munitions mod and .
- The Glaxion Vandal is the fifth weapon to deal pure damage, after the original Glaxion, the hammer (prior to Update 26), and the and Sentinel weapons.
- The revolver-style cartridges on the Glaxion's body spin during firing, though the magazine is the small (battery) box behind the trigger.
- Additionally, the Glaxion's barrel telescopes back and forth rapidly during firing and collapses inward when holstered.
- The beam itself will oscillate slightly. This does not seem to affect the accuracy or hit registration in any way.
- Enemies who die by the weapon are frozen solid, much like Frost's ability, and shatter when hit by any weapon. This effect persists even if the Glaxion's Cold damage has been changed into another element.
- If frozen bodies are left alone for five seconds, the ice will thaw into nothingness.
- Glaxion bears similarity to the French word glaçon, meaning "ice cube" or "icicle".
Glaxion Vandal Skins
- , the normal counterpart.
- Operation: Hostile Mergers, the operation in which it was introduced.
|Research • Clan • Dojo|
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|