“Time is relative. Choose when ready.”This article refers to valid content that is currently unavailable to be acquired in the live version of the game.
It may return to be available again in a future update or event.
The Glaxion Vandal is the Vandal variant of the Glaxion freeze ray rifle, sporting higher damage, critical chance, status chance, magazine size, max ammo reserves, and reload speed. It was released in Update 25.0 along with Operation: Hostile Mergers.
Was re-obtainable again by watching livestream from any channel in The Game Awards directory on Twitch for 30 minutes consecutively with linked account on December 12, 2019.
Drop was re-deployed during Prime Time episode 273 on December 19 for those who missed TGA live stream and were watching Prime Time with linked account.
This weapon deals Cold damage.
- Innate Cold damage – effective against Alloy Armor, Shielded, and Infested Sinew.
- Decent critical chance.
- Highest status chance of all continuous and automatic primary weapons.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Heavy Caliber's accuracy penalty is minimal on this weapon.
- High magazine size.
- High ammo reserves.
- The zone of impact or maximum beam range produces a damaging cold blotch in a spherical radius of 3 meters, allowing it to hit multiple enemies at once.
- Consumes 0.5 ammo per tick of damage.
- Kills create an extra corpse, synergizing with Nekros' Desecrate.
- Innate Cold damage – less effective against Infested Flesh and Fossilized.
- Damage ramps up from 30% to 100% over 0.6 seconds when firing. After firing stops for 0.8 seconds, the damage decays back to 30% over 2 seconds.
- Limited range of 24 meters.
- Cannot use the Firestorm mod.
- Glaxion Vandal, compared to Glaxion:
- Higher base damage (29.0 vs. 26.0)
- Higher critical chance (14% vs. 8%)
- Higher status chance (38% vs. 34%)
- Larger magazine (100 rounds vs. 80 rounds)
- Larger max ammo capacity (1000 rounds vs. 720 rounds)
- Faster reload speed (1.8 s vs. 2.2 s)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (12 vs. 8)
- Lower disposition (1.25 vs. 1.3)
- See Category:Glaxion Vandal Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Glaxion Vandal Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The zone of impact or maximum beam range creates a spherical area of effect of 3 meters, dealing the weapon's full damage.
- The Glaxion Vandal is capable of freezing enemies solid with sustained fire if it kills them. Enemies will progressively turn icy blue (spreading from the point of contact), and eventually become completely solid upon death. Frozen enemies can then be shattered by other attacks. This only applies to normal enemies such as Lancers, Crewmen, and MOAs - Ospreys will simply explode upon death.
- Even if the weapon is modified to have a non- Cold damage type (such as Blast damage), the Glaxion will still freeze foes solid if it kills them.
- Amusingly, it can freeze enemies with Heat damage effects upon death, this effect is merely visual.
- Whether or not they display frozen visuals, enemies killed by the Glaxion create two corpses due to the "shatter" death animation (though the extra corpse may not be visible.)
- When combining elemental mods, the Glaxion's innate Cold damage is added last.
- Equipping both Shred and Speed Trigger will increase the Glaxion's fire rate to 22.8 rounds/second.
- On top of that, throwing in a Vile Acceleration will increase the Glaxion's fire rate to 33.6 rounds/second, at the cost of 15 percent damage reduction.
- With three of the four dual stat mods – Malignant Force, High Voltage, Thermite Rounds, and Rime Rounds – the Glaxion can achieve 100% status chance.
- Enemies that are frozen solid will take at least 1 hit from any source to be destroyed regardless of how much damage it is dealt. This can block powerful enemy projectiles such as Napalm and Bombard shots.
- Frozen corpses remain solid for 3 seconds before deteriorating which takes 5 seconds.
- Some enemy abilities still remain in effect while deteriorating such as a Nullifier Crewman's bubble, which will start to grow back while deteriorating.
- The Glaxion Vandal is the fifth weapon to deal pure Cold damage, after the original Glaxion, the Sibear hammer (prior to Update 26), and the Artax and Cryotra Sentinel weapons.
- The revolver-style cartridges on the Glaxion's body spin during firing, though the magazine is the small (battery) box behind the trigger.
- Additionally, the Glaxion's barrel telescopes back and forth rapidly during firing and collapses inward when holstered.
- The beam itself will oscillate slightly. This does not seem to affect the accuracy or hit registration in any way.
- Enemies who die by the weapon are frozen solid, much like Frost's Avalanche ability, and shatter when hit by any weapon. This effect persists even if the Glaxion's Cold damage has been changed into another element.
- If frozen bodies are left alone for five seconds, the ice will thaw into nothingness.
- Glaxion bears similarity to the French word glaçon, meaning "ice cube" or "icicle".
Glaxion Vandal Skins
- Glaxion, the normal counterpart.
- Operation: Hostile Mergers, the operation in which it was introduced.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|