- Innate damage – effective against Alloy Armor, Shielded, and Infested Sinew.
- Tied with for the third highest status chance of all continuous and automatic primary weapons, behind and .
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- High magazine size.
- High ammo reserves.
- Consumes 0.5 ammo per tick of damage.
- Innate damage – less effective against Infested Flesh and Fossilized.
- Very low critical chance.
- Damage ramps up from 20% to 100% over 0.6 seconds when firing. After firing stops for 0.8 seconds, the damage decays back to 20% over 2 seconds.
- Fairly low reload speed.
- Limited range of 24 meters.
- Glaxion (Normal Attack), compared to Glaxion Vandal (Normal Attack):
- Lower base damage per projectile (26 vs. 29)
- Lower total damage (26 vs. 29)
- Lower base critical chance (8.00% vs. 14.00%)
- Lower base status chance (34.00% vs. 38.00%)
- Lower average damage per tap (28.08 vs. 33.06)
- Lower burst DPS (336.96 vs. 396.72)
- Lower sustained DPS (289.23 vs. 326.25)
- Smaller magazine (80 vs. 100)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (720 vs. 1000)
- Slower reload time (2.2 vs. 1.8)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (8 vs. 12)
- Higher disposition (●●●●○ (1.30x) vs. ●●●●○ (1.25x))
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Energy Lab Research3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
- The Glaxion is capable of freezing enemies solid with sustained fire if it kills them. Enemies will progressively turn icy blue (spreading from the point of contact), and eventually become completely solid upon death. Frozen enemies can then be shattered by other attacks. This only applies to normal enemies such as Lancers, Crewmen, and MOAs - Ospreys will simply explode upon death.
- Even if the weapon is modified to have a non- damage type (such as damage), the Glaxion will still freeze foes solid if it kills them.
- Amusingly, it can freeze enemies with damage effects upon death, this effect is merely visual.
- Whether or not they display frozen visuals, enemies killed by the Glaxion create two corpses due to the "shatter" death animation (though the extra corpse may not be visible.)
- When combining elemental mods, the Glaxion's innate damage is added last.
- The weapon requires a fair amount of Cryotic, obtained from Excavation missions, to build. This is probably due to the fact that the weapon fires an icy beam, with the Cryotic possibly fueling its ammunition.
- Enemies that are frozen solid will take at least 1 hit of damage from any source to be destroyed regardless on how much damage it is dealt. This can block powerful enemy projectiles such as Napalm and Bombard shots.
- Frozen corpses remain solid for 3 seconds before deteriorating which takes 5 seconds.
- Some enemy abilities still remain in effect while deteriorating such as a Nullifier Crewman's bubble, which will start to grow back while deteriorating.
- The Glaxion is the first weapon to deal pure damage.
- Concept art for the Glaxion was first seen in Devstream 22 alongside concepts for what would eventually become the , , and .
- The revolver-style cartridges on the Glaxion's body spin during firing, though the magazine is the small (battery) box behind the trigger
- Additionally, the Glaxion's barrel telescopes back and forth rapidly during firing, and collapses inward when holstered.
- Enemies who die by the weapon are frozen solid, much like Frost's ability, and shatter when hit by any weapon. This effect persists even if the Glaxion's Cold damage has been changed into another element.
- If frozen bodies are left alone for five seconds, the ice will thaw into nothingness.
- Glaxion bears similarity to the French word glaçon, meaning "ice cube" or "icicle".
- Corpus Targets sometimes use this weapon, along with a shield from Arctic Eximus enemies.
- The Glaxion's energy-syphoning beam is visually similar to the Proton Pack's proton stream from the Ghostbusters film series.
- is a sentinel version of this weapon with identical stats.
- , the Vandal counterpart.
|Research • Clan • Dojo|
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|