|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Energy Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals Cold damage.
- Innate Cold damage – effective against Alloy Armor, Shielded, and Infested Sinew.
- Tied with Boltor Prime for the third highest status chance of all continuous and automatic primary weapons, behind Phantasma and Glaxion Vandal.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Heavy Caliber's accuracy penalty is minimal on this weapon.
- High magazine size.
- High ammo reserves.
- Consumes 0.5 ammo per tick of damage.
- Kills create an extra corpse, synergizing with Nekros's Desecrate.
- Innate Cold damage – less effective against Infested Flesh and Fossilized.
- Very low critical chance.
- Damage ramps up from 30% to 100% over 0.6 seconds when firing. After firing stops for 0.8 seconds, the damage decays back to 30% over 2 seconds.
- Fairly low reload speed.
- Limited range of 24 meters.
- Glaxion, compared to Glaxion Vandal:
- See Category:Glaxion Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Glaxion Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Glaxion is capable of freezing enemies solid with sustained fire if it kills them. Enemies will progressively turn icy blue (spreading from the point of contact), and eventually become completely solid upon death. Frozen enemies can then be shattered by other attacks. This only applies to normal enemies such as Lancers, Crewmen, and MOAs - Ospreys will simply explode upon death.
- Even if the weapon is modified to have a non- Cold damage type (such as Blast damage), the Glaxion will still freeze foes solid if it kills them.
- Amusingly, it can freeze enemies with Heat damage effects upon death, this effect is merely visual.
- Whether or not they display frozen visuals, enemies killed by the Glaxion create two corpses due to the "shatter" death animation (though the extra corpse may not be visible.)
- When combining elemental mods, the Glaxion's innate Cold damage is added last.
- The weapon requires a fair amount of Cryotic, obtained from Excavation missions, to build. This is probably due to the fact that the weapon fires an icy beam, with the Cryotic possibly fueling its ammunition.
- A fully ranked Ammo Drum will give the Glaxion an additional 216 rounds in reserve, or about 2.7 magazines worth of ammunition.
- Equipping both Shred and Speed Trigger will increase the Glaxion's fire rate to 22.8 rounds/second.
- On top of that, throwing in a Vile Acceleration will increase the Glaxion's fire rate to 33.6 rounds/second, at the cost of 15 percent damage reduction.
- With all four dual stat mods – Malignant Force, High Voltage, Thermite Rounds, and Rime Rounds – the Glaxion can achieve 100% status chance.
- Increasing the firerate will effectively increase the amount of procs applied to the enemy you are firing at.
- Enemies that are frozen solid will take at least 1 hit of damage from any source to be destroyed regardless on how much damage it is dealt. This can block powerful enemy projectiles such as Napalm and Bombard shots.
- Frozen corpses remain solid for 3 seconds before deteriorating which takes 5 seconds.
- Some enemy abilities still remain in effect while deteriorating such as a Nullifier Crewman's bubble, which will start to grow back while deteriorating.
- The Glaxion is the first weapon to deal pure Cold damage.
- Concept art for the Glaxion was first seen in Devstream 22 alongside concepts for what would eventually become the Grinlok, Marelok, and Attica.
- The revolver-style cartridges on the Glaxion's body spin during firing, though the magazine is the small (battery) box behind the trigger
- Additionally, the Glaxion's barrel telescopes back and forth rapidly during firing, and collapses inward when holstered.
- Enemies who die by the weapon are frozen solid, much like Frost's Avalanche ability, and shatter when hit by any weapon. This effect persists even if the Glaxion's Cold damage has been changed into another element.
- If frozen bodies are left alone for five seconds, the ice will thaw into nothingness.
- Glaxion bears similarity to the French word glaçon, meaning "ice cube" or "icicle".
- Corpus Targets sometimes use this weapon, along with a Snow Globe shield from Arctic Eximus enemies.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|