Release Date: August 29th, 2019
Engines ready for ignition. Coolant circulation systems online. Revved into kinetic overdrive, the speedster Gauss leaves his competition amidst the dust. Accelerate and race across vast landscapes or seas. Recharge power from hostile strikes and reduce the force of their impact. Flash-freeze enemies dead in their tracks, then spontaneously combust his foes, as he paves the path to a swift victory. Gauss kickstarted in Update 25.7 (2019-08-29): Saint of Altra.
AcquisitionGauss' main blueprint can be purchased from the Market. Gauss' component blueprints drop from Tier C Disruption on Kappa, Sedna. Each component has a 7.84% drop chance.
|Chassis Blueprint||7.84%||23 – 24||98 ± 28|
Expected refers to total number of attempts a player can expect to need in order to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of attempts a player needs to obtain a 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
For more detailed definitions and information on how these number were obtained, visit here.
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Market Price: 275||Blueprints Price:30,000|
|Gauss Neuroptics Blueprint|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Gauss Chassis Blueprint|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Gauss Systems Blueprint|
|Time: 12 hrs|
- Main article: Leverian#Gauss
Altra was an ancient tower fortress on Ceres owned by the Orokin. An insurgency occurred there and the Orokin demanded its recapture. However, the tower's defenses proved to be impenetrable to the Dax batallion.
Gauss was then called in to quell the insurgency. With his immense speed, he blitzed through the minefield and into tower and was able to reclaim it. His victory earned him the title: The Saint of Altra.
- Gauss' signature weapons, the and the , both gain increased reload speed while sprinting when wielded by him.
- Gauss possesses the fastest sprint speed of all Warframes in the game with a value of 1.4. This replaces / who has a sprint speed of 1.25.
- Due to blueprints' requirements, players must be both at the Ostron Rank of Surah and the Solaris United Rank of Cove, at the minimum, in order to acquire rare gem blueprints from the factions.
- However, while Operation: Plague Star is active, players can directly purchase Heart Nyth and Radian Sentirum from Operational Supply and require only the Ostron Rank of Trusted for the Star Crimzian blueprint.
- Alternatively, the crafted gems can be acquired by trading with other players, completely bypassing the rank requirement.
- Gauss' Electrokinetic Battery passive is the only way to decrease shield recharge delay in PVE gameplay.
- Gauss is named after Carl Friedrich Gauss, the German mathematician and physicist who made significant contributions to many fields in mathematics and sciences. Most notably in Electromagnetism, Differential Geometry, Algebra, and Statistics.
- The term Redline is an automotive term that refers to the maximum revolutions-per-minute (RPM) that an engine is designed to withstand without damaging its own components. It can also be used as a verb to refer to running an engine at or beyond its maximum safe RPM (e.g. "to redline").
- The name of the Gauss Mag Helmet, his alternate helmet, is a deliberate reversal of one of 's alternate helmets, the Mag Gauss Helmet.
- Gauss is the 41st Warframe to be released (excluding Primed and Umbra variants).
- Unlike several other Warframes that require exclusive resources from only one of the Landscapes, Gauss' Chassis and Systems require resources from Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis, respectively.
- Gauss is the first Warframe whose component blueprints are acquired from Disruption.
- Gauss was planned to be released alongside , who is said to be his best friend, but DE made the decision to release Grendel later. As a nod to this, Grendel can be seen in Gauss' profile video, riding a K-Drive while Gauss sprints beside him.
- Part of Gauss is also displayed in Grendel's Leverian display.
- Gauss is the first Warframe to be featured in the Leverian.
- The Leverian displays Gauss' airfoil system as a separate part.
- Gauss is the fourth Warframe to use another type of ability resource besides energy, after , , and . In Gauss's case, he uses his Electrokinetic Battery.
- Unlike other Warframes, all of Gauss' abilities still require energy to activate.
- In Gauss' profile video, Lotus pronounces his name as "goss" (to rhyme with "moss"), as opposed to the usual pronunciation of "gouse" (to rhyme with "house"). Unlike this pronunciation choice is inconsistent as Drusus uses the latter option.
To achieve supersonic speed, draws upon both his Energy reserves and his state-of-the-art electrokinetic battery to fuel his abilities. Gauss has access to 80% of the battery in his default state; activating grants access to 100% of the battery. The battery, displayed as a gauge meter above his ability icons, acts as a secondary resource that charges or drains depending on the ability he uses:
- +~0.5% battery per meter as Gauss moves.
- +?% battery per second while reviving an ally in Bleedout.
- -3% battery if Gauss falls out of bounds.
- -15% battery per second if Gauss stands in a Nullifier Crewman bubble.
- +10% battery on cast.
- +1% battery per enemy hit.
- -1% battery per second while active.
- -1%-5% battery per hit received.
- +0.25% battery per melee hit to enemies.
- -2% battery per second while below 100% on the counter.
- After Redline expires, the battery drains to the amount displayed on Redline counter (e.g. if the counter is at 20%, the battery will decrease to 20%).
The amount of battery stored amplifies Gauss's abilities:
- Gauss passively gains bonus Shield recharge rate and shield recharge delay reduction for every point of battery stored in his gauge, up to a maximum of 120% for recharge rate and 80% for recharge delay when the battery is full.
- Affects the damage reduction of .
- Affects the damage and status duration of .
- Affects the fire rate, attack speed, reload speed, and holster speed bonuses, as well as the Redline counter and projectiles fired when above 80% battery, of .
- Additionally procs special effects of Thermal Sunder when above 80% battery and while Redline is active.
Burst into a hyper-sprint bowling over enemies and charging the battery. Crashing into solid objects generates a powerful shockwave. Hold to rush continuously.
|Strength:200 / 400 / 600 / 800 (explosion damage)|
|Range:2 / 3 / 3 / 4 m (knockdown radius)|
4 / 6 / 8 / 10 m (shockwave radius)
|Misc:10% (battery charge on cast)|
1% (battery charge per hit)
6 / 8 / 10 / 12 m (dash distance)
100% ( status chance from Kinetic Plating)
50% (energy discount from Redline)
- Gauss sprints into action, propelling himself forward at supersonic speed toward the aiming reticle and instantly charging his battery by 10%. Tap the ability key to dash forward 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 meters. Hold down the ability key (default
) to rush forward continuously; while rushing, Gauss can also sustain Mach Rush by holding down the forward movement key instead (default ). Release the hotkeys for Mach Rush to halt Gauss in his tracks.
- Battery charge on cast and dash distance are not affected by Mods.
- Rushing speed is affected by Sprint Speed.
- While rushing, Gauss is able to run across large bodies of water, commonly found on the Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis.
- While rushing, Gauss's maneuverability is greatly reduced.
- While rushing, Gauss can jump from the ground, but not double jump.
- Rolling, meleeing, aiming or firing/charging a weapon will also cancel the rush.
- When Gauss dashes or rushes past enemies within 2 / 3 / 3 / 4 meters from him, they suffer a knockdown and will charge his battery by 1% per enemy hit. If Gauss crashes into a solid obstacle, he stops on impact and generates a powerful kinetic shockwave that expands to a 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 meter radius explosion, inflicting 200 / 400 / 600 / 800 damage and blasting away all enemies within range.
- Ability Synergy:
- Mach Rush drains 12.5 energy per second while active and will remain active until Gauss's energy is depleted, or the ability is deactivated.
- Activation energy cost is affected by Ability Efficiency, and the energy drain is affected by Ability Efficiency and Ability Duration.
- Gauss cannot replenish energy using , , Rift Plane's energy regeneration, Energizing Dash or Squad Energy Restores while Mach Rush is active but can replenish energy using Energy Orbs, Orokin Void Death Orb energy restores, , , or .
- Mach Rush's energy drain is not converted into shields by Augur Mods.
- Mach Rush is a one-handed action. As such, it can be used while performing various maneuvers and actions without interruption.
- Main article: Mach Crash
Mach Crash is an Warframe Augment Mod for ' that grants it the ability to create a vortex upon colliding with level geometry, vacuuming nearby enemies in.
- Tap Mach Rush to dash a set distance for quick repositioning.
- In crowded hallways full of enemies, chain several Mach Rush dashes aimed at objects or walls to damage and blast away enemies clearing a path for your team. Dash in a zigzag pattern to create multiple shockwaves and reposition yourself behind the crowd.
- Players can release the ability key when holding down the forward key while rushing to keep Mach Rush active. Release both keys to stop.
- Mach Rush can be used to dash through Corpus Laser Barriers without getting knocked down.
- However, this will still trigger an alarm in Spy vaults.
- Use Cold to slow enemies knocked down or ragdolled by Mach Rush from recovery.
- As the energy cost is halved during , Mach Rush is a more economical option to charge the battery compared to Thermal Sunder.
- Using Mach Rush while aim-gliding and blocking will wall-latch onto the point of impact.
Generate armor plating that converts a portion of absorbed kinetic damage (Physical, Heat, Cold, and Blast) into energy. Also protects Gauss from being staggered or knocked down. Damage resistance is relative to the battery level.
|Strength:14 - 70% / 16 - 80% / 18 - 90% / 20 - 100% (damage reduction)|
|Duration:15 / 20 / 25 / 30 s (duration)|
|Misc:1 - 5% (battery drain per hit)|
0.25% (battery charge per melee attack)
2 / 3 / 4 / 5 % (energy restore per hit)
50% (damage reduction cap at empty battery)
100% (damage reduction cap at full battery)
100% ( status chance for Mach Rush)
100% (base melee damage bonus and stagger chance from Redline)
- Gauss shields himself in a barrier of kinetic energy with one swift motion, protecting himself against incoming , , , , , and damage types as well as their respective status effects, while also becoming immune to stagger and knockdown effects for 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 seconds. While active, Kinetic Plating drains 1% battery power per second and 1.0% to 6.5% battery power per hit received, to reduce affected damage by a minimum of 14% / 16% / 18% / 20% at empty battery, up to a maximum of 70% / 80% / 90% / 100% at full battery. 2% / 3% / 4% / 5% of damage absorbed per hit is converted into extra Energy for Gauss. Melee attacks while Kinetic Plating is active will restore 0.25% battery. Kinetic Plating deactivates on duration end or by manually pressing the ability key again (default ).
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Damage reduction scales with battery level and is affected by Ability Strength. Maximum damage reduction cannot exceed 100%. Minimum damage reduction cannot exceed 50%.
- Damage reduction is calculated as:
Min Damage Reduction + (Max Damage Reduction - Min Damage Reduction) × Current Battery Level
- For example, with Kinetic Plating at rank 3, 100% Ability Strength, and battery level at 80%, the damage reduction will be: 20% + (100% - 20%) × 80% = 84%
- Damage reduction is calculated as:
- Battery drain per second, battery drain per hit, energy restore per hit, and battery charge per melee attack are not affected by Mods.
- Battery drain per hit is dependent on the damage of the attacker up to a cap of 5%.
- Both damage reduction and energy restoration still function even when the battery is empty.
- Energy restoration is calculated before all damage mitigation.
- Ability Synergy:
- Kinetic Plating provides initial protection while Adaptation builds up damage resistance from 0% to 90%.
- Though Kinetic Plating's damage resistance can reach 100% at full battery, it cannot cover all damage type and the battery would't be full for most of the time.
- On the other hand, Adaptation can reduce only one damage type for each particular attack.
- Damage reduction will be 84% with 100% Ability Strength at 80% battery level.
- This can be scaled up to 90%, which requires 250% Ability Strength.
- However, at full battery, damage reduction will reach 100% if Ability Strength is 100% or more.
Siphon Kinetic energy from the area, charging the battery and inflicting Status on nearby enemies. Hold reverses the process, draining the battery and inflicting Status on nearby enemies.
|Subsumable to Helminth|
- Gauss manipulates the kinetic energy around him to create an area of extreme temperatures with an initial radius of 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 meters, which quickly shrinks to a final radius of 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 meters and lasts for 6 / 9 / 12 / 15 seconds.
- Tap the ability key (default proc on all enemies within range, lasting for a minimum duration of 2.5 / 3 / 3.5 / 4 seconds on empty battery, up to a maximum duration of 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 seconds on full battery. Enemies caught in the area creation receive a minimum of 75 / 100 / 125 / 150 damage on empty battery, up to a maximum of 375 / 500 / 625 / 750 damage on full battery; enemies lingering inside the area also receive damage per second, which diminishes in amount with the size of the area. When cast on enemies already affected by proc, they are instantly frozen solid for the full status duration. ) to absorb kinetic energy, charging battery power by 10% to inflict a
- Hold down the ability key to expend kinetic energy, draining battery power by 10% to inflict a and proc on all enemies in range, lasting for a minimum duration of 2.5 / 3 / 3.5 / 4 seconds on empty battery, up to a maximum duration of 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 seconds on full battery. Enemies caught in the area creation receive a minimum of 150 / 200 / 250 / 300 damage on empty battery, up to a maximum of 750 / 1000 / 1250 / 1500 damage on full battery; enemies lingering inside the area also receive damage per second, which diminishes in amount with the size of the area. When cast on enemies already affected by proc, Thermal Sunder deals its normal damage plus the damage of the current proc.
- Initial and final radius are affected by Ability Range.
- Area duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Initial damage and damage per second are affected by both Ability Strength and battery power level.
- Damage per second has a moderate chance to stagger light enemy units within the area.
- Status duration is affected by both Ability Duration and battery power level.
- Battery charge on cast, battery drain on cast, and ignite damage bonus are not affected by Mods.
- Enemies already afflicted with a status effect of the same type will have it reapplied; its status duration uses the battery power level at the time of the new Thermal Sunder cast.
- Both and can only have 4 distinct areas active at any given time. Casting Thermal Sunder in a new area after reaching the maximum of or areas will remove the oldest area of corresponding element.
- Casting Thermal Sunder of the opposite damage type on enemies already afflicted with or procs, combines the damage type into . Affected enemies first have the initial status effect removed, receive the new status effect, they also receive a proc and deals damage based on the mode being used plus the damage of the canceled status.
- damage is given by :
- For example: Casting a Thermal Sunder at 80% battery followed by a Thermal Sunder at 70% battery with 6 seconds left on the proc will deal: [300 + 0.8 * (1500 - 300)] * 6 + [150 + 0.7 * (750 - 150)] = 8,130 damage.
- damage is affected by both Ability Strength and battery power level.
- The order in which the elemental procs are combined changes the direction in which enemies within the ability area are knocked back by the proc. Casting first then will knock enemies outwards, while casting first then will pull enemies in towards the player.
- When casting both elements, the elemental proc cast second will override and replace the first element already present, e.g. if enemies were affected by the area first, casting proc on them will remove the proc and replace it with .
- Ability Synergy:
- through a Thermal Sunder area to add its or damage to Mach Rush's knockdown and shockwave explosion.
- Thermal Sunder gains bonuses to its status effects when is active and above the redline battery charge (>80%):
- The proc freezes enemies solid instantly.
- Consecutive casts of the heat mode against enemies with a proc each deal twice the damage of the previous cast.
- The proc permanently strips away the enemy's current amount of armor based off of battery power level, up to a maximum of 100% with a full battery charge, before inflicting its damage.
- Can be recast while active to create new Cold or Heat sunder areas. Gauss may create up to 4 distinct areas of either element, resulting in only 8 total distinct areas active at once.
- Subsuming Gauss to the Helminth will offer Thermal Sunder and its augments to be used by other Warframes.
Push Gauss' battery beyond the redline, supercharging his Abilities and setting Fire Rate, Attack Speed, Reload Speed, and Holster Speed into overdrive. When past the redline, bolts of arcing electricity dance periodically from Gauss, exploding en masse when the ability is deactivated.
|Strength:100 / 200 / 300 / 400 ( and area damage)|
|Duration:15 / 20 / 25 / 30 s (duration)|
6 - 30% / 9 - 45% / 12 - 60% / 15 - 75% (fire rate buff)
5 - 25% / 6 - 30% / 7 - 35% / 8 - 40% (attack speed buff)
4 - 20% / 6 - 30% / 8 - 40% / 10 - 50% (reload speed buff)
8 - 40% / 12 - 60% / 16 - 80% / 20 - 100% (holster speed buff)
|Misc:? m (activation knockback radius)|
+20% (battery limit release)
50% (projectile accuracy)
50% (energy discount for Mach Rush)
100% (melee damage bonus and stagger chance for Kinetic Plating)
100% ( freeze chance and ignite chance for Thermal Sunder)
≤100% ( enemy armor reduction for Thermal Sunder)
- Gauss overclocks his battery, blasting away enemies within ? meters around him and gaining access to 100% of his battery for 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 seconds. During Redline, Gauss grants himself bonus weapon fire rate by a minimum of 6% / 9% / 12% / 15% at empty battery to a maximum of 30% / 45% / 60% / 75% at full battery, melee attack speed by a minimum of 5% / 6% / 7% / 8% at empty battery to a maximum of 25% / 30% / 35% / 40% at full battery, reload speed by a minimum of 4% / 6% / 8% / 10% at empty battery to a maximum of 20% / 30% / 40% / 50% at full battery, and holster speed by a minimum of 8% / 12% / 16% / 20% at empty battery to a maximum of 40% / 60% / 80% / 100% at full battery. While active, Redline drains 2% battery power per second. Redline deactivates on duration end or by manually pressing the ability key again (default ).
- Redline introduces a new counter onto the battery gauge, shown as a percentage value between 0% and 100%. While the battery level is above 80%, the Redline counter gradually increases. The speed of the increase is based on battery level, with the counter decreasing if the battery level drops below the Redline limit. When the Redline counter reaches 100%, battery drain from abilities will be completely negated.
- Redline counter maximum growth scales inversely with Ability Duration (e.g. more duration reduces growth), calculated as: 100% / ( Duration × 1/3 ). This means the Redline counter cannot be maxed earlier than 1/3rds of its duration.
- While battery power level is above the Redline limit release, damaging projectiles of arcing electricity will periodically shoot out from Gauss and home in on nearby enemies with 50% accuracy, dealing 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 damage, with a distribution of 81.25% and 18.75% damage with a moderate status chance and guaranteed stagger effect. On deactivation, a variable number of projectiles are simultaneously released from Gauss and explode on impact with enemies.
- Damage is affected by Ability Strength, , , and .
- Number of projectiles released during Redline and on deactivation are affected by battery power level above the redline battery charge (>80%).
- Projectiles will become more accurate and strike enemies more frequently, with the higher the battery power level beyond the redline limit.
- When Redline expires, battery drains to amount displayed on Redline counter (e.g. if the counter is at 20%, the battery will decrease to 20%).
- Ability Synergy:
- energy cost is halved when cast during Redline.
- While the battery level is boosted during Redline, also grants Gauss a and 100% chance to stagger enemies on hit.
- gains bonuses to its status effects when Redline is active and above the redline battery charge (>80%):
- The proc freezes enemies solid instantly.
- The proc deals full damage-over-time against enemies.
- The proc permanently strips away the current amount of armor based off of battery power level, up to a maximum of 100% with a full battery charge, before inflicting its damage.
|Strength Mods||Duration Mods||Range Mods|
|• • • • • • • ( ) • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Attributes • Helminth • Augments • Compare All • Cosmetics|