The Gammacor is a Cephalon designed wrist-mounted laser that deals Magnetic damage, making it ideal for tackling the Corpus. Although it is pinpoint accurate and relatively quiet, its limited range means that players will have to close the distance to get the most out of this weapon.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 200||Blueprints Price:35,000|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals Magnetic damage.
- Innate Magnetic damage – effective against Robotic and Proto Shields.
- High status chance.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Magnum Force's accuracy penalty is minimal on this weapon.
- Reduced Noise Level.
- High reload speed.
- Consumes 0.5 ammo per tick of damage.
- Comes with a polarity.
- Innate Magnetic damage – less effective against Alloy Armor.
- Very low critical chance.
- Below average critical multiplier.
- Damage ramps up from 25% to 100% over 0.6 seconds when firing. After firing stops for 0.8 seconds, the damage decays back to 25% over 2 seconds.
- Limited range of 25 meters.
- Gammacor, compared to Synoid Gammacor:
- Lower base damage (16.0 vs. 20.0)
- Lower critical chance (8% vs. 20%)
- Lower critical multiplier (1.8x vs. 2x)
- Lower status chance (20% vs. 28%)
- Smaller magazine (60 rounds vs. 80 rounds)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (240 rounds vs. 400 rounds)
- Faster reload speed (1.4 s vs. 1.8 s)
- Lack of an innate Entropy effect
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (2 vs. 7)
- Higher disposition (1.15 vs. 1.05)
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Gammacor Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Gammacor Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Gammacor's beam when fired does not immediately hit at its maximum range, instead it takes around half a second to extend to its maximum range, and will maintain that range as long as the weapon is being fired. The beam retracts when the weapon stops firing.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Ruinous Extension can aid in extending the short range of this weapon.
- As the Gammacor already deals Magnetic innately, it can accept other combination elemental damage types that use Electricity or Cold damage as a base.
- In particular, adding Radiation damage makes the Gammacor highly effective against Corpus proxies like MOAs that possess both Shields and Robotic hit points. The Gammacor can also be equipped with Viral damage to make it highly effective against organic Corpus like Crewmen which posses both Shields and Flesh hit points.
- Alternately, the Gammacor can be fitted with Corrosive damage for anti-Grineer. With shield and armor degradation status effects, such a Gammacor would be extremely effective against both Grineer and Corpus bosses.
- The innate polarity can somewhat limit elemental modding potential, thus making it a less desirable polarity for elemental modding. If you wish to focus more on elemental damage, then it is recommended to either ignore the polarity or use Forma to turn it into a more suitable polarity.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unlike most secondary weapons, the Gammacor is worn like a gauntlet on the Warframe's right arm.
- However, Warframes will still extend their right index finger as if they're holding a single pistol. Idle animations will also play as though the Gammacor is a single pistol.
- This is the second weapon (along with its Synoid variant) released that has an innate Magnetic damage (with the first being the Velocitus), but is the first to ever be used for general gameplay, as opposed to being limited to Archwing missions.
- The metallic structure (the primary part on the color setting) has a purplish tint.
- The circular holograms expand as the weapon is being fired.
- The weapon's design suggests that it may have originally been a device created by Cephalon Simaris, due to its aesthetic similarities to other devices in his employ like the Synthesis Scanner, which appears to use the same parts.
- This is furthered by the fact that the Codex states that it was "Designed to quickly vaporize minerals for content analysis."
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Hotfix 22.20.6