Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash damage – effective against health.
- High status chance.
- Tied with the Galatine Prime and Masseter for the fastest attack speed of all heavy blades.
- Possesses momentum during regular swings, which resists interruption such as stagger or knockdown.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches Cleaving Whirlwind and Tempo Royale stances.
- Innate polarity.
- Second lowest base damage of all heavy blades, after Gram.
- Low Impact and Puncture damage – less effective against shields and armor.
- Low critical chance.
- Galatine, compared to Galatine Prime:
- Lower base damage (182.0 vs. 280.0)
- Lower critical chance (10% vs. 26%)
- Lower status chance (20% vs. 26%)
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (3 vs. 13)
- Higher disposition (0.95 vs. 0.7)
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The Galatine's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:25,000|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Galatine can be used to stun-lock enemies (a characteristic of heavy melee weapons), as well as land easy headshots with its overhead chops.
- As with other heavies, the overhead chops cause small AoE damage.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to its Slash damage, the Galatine is well suited for use with a Desecrate Nekros.
- The Galatine's reach is impressive, making it very useful when paired with Primed Reach.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Arthurian Legends, 'Galatine' is the name of the sword given to Sir Gawain by the lady of the lake. It is referred to as the 'Shadow to Excalibur's light'.
- The Galatine resembles the Power Sword from He-Man. This was acknowledged by DE in the redtext before the update.
- Upon deploying the hotfix, the redtext feed from DE described the Galatine as "a sword so big your friends might think you're overcompensating for something, while secretly they know you are not".
- The weapon's icon shows the Galatine with red energy, but the default energy color is the standard Tenno energy blue.
- The weapon itself is also shown to be mostly black, although the Galatine's default colour is mostly white.
Media[edit | edit source]
Post Update 15 Videos[edit | edit source]
Pre-Update 13 Videos[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Update 26.0
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Galatine Prime, the Prime counterpart to this weapon.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.