A frigid energy blast that freezes targets in their tracks.
|Strength:150 / 225 / 275 / 350 ( main damage)|
50 / 100 / 125 / 150 ( area damage)
|Duration:5 / 7 / 12 / 15 s (freeze duration)|
|Misc:600% ( status chance)|
50% (freeze health threshold)
3m (impact radius)
- Frost launches an icy projectile in the direction of the reticle, traveling until it reaches an enemy or a surface. The projectile deals 150 / 225 / 275 / 350 damage to an enemy if hit directly and freezes them in place for 5 / 7 / 12 / 15 seconds. Inflicts 50 / 100 / 125 / 150 damage with a 600% status chance to all enemies within a radius of 3 meters from the impact point.
- All damage is affected by Ability Strength, body-part multipliers and .
- Freeze duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Impact radius is not affected by Ability Range.
- Status chance is not affected by mods.
- Has a cast delay of ~0.6 seconds.
- The freeze duration will end prematurely if the initial target loses 50% of its current health during the time it is frozen.
- While frozen, enemies are unable to regenerate Shields.
- Ability Synergy:
- Casting on a target frozen by Freeze will override Freeze's effects. The target will remain frozen for Avalanche's duration while temporarily reducing the target's armor and removing Freeze's health threshold.
- Freeze is a one-handed action. As such, it can be used while performing various maneuvers and actions without interruption.
- Can be recast on a frozen target multiple times, restarting the freeze timer.
- Main article: Freeze Force
Freeze Force is a Warframe Augment Mod for that allows to be held on cast, creating a wave of energy traveling outward from the user that temporarily grants the caster and nearby allies additional damage to all attacks.
- Its primary strength is that a direct hit causes the target to be frozen in place for a fixed 10 seconds, regardless of rank. This is particularly useful when fighting single enemies such as bosses to buy time for teammates to revive incapacitated Tenno, recharge shields, reload, etc.
- Targets that are frozen will be freed of their immobility if they take health damage by anything. Freeze's utility can be easily wasted unless proper coordination with teammates is exercised.
- Freeze can be used to set up an effective kill-combo on an enemy with a burst-damage attack.
- Arbitration Shield Drones won't dispel the freeze effect from frozen enemies.
- Placing a proc on enemies and then casting freeze can stop an enemy from killing you while slowly killing them via bleed damage.
See Also[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.