A frigid energy blast that freezes targets in their tracks.
|Strength:150 / 225 / 275 / 350 (initial damage)|
50 / 100 / 125 / 150 (area damage)
|Duration:5 / 7 / 12 / 15 s (freeze duration)|
6 / 8 / 10 / 12 s (ice duration)
- Frost launches an icy projectile that inflicts 150 / 225 / 275 / 350 Cold damage on impact and 50 / 100 / 125 / 150 Cold damage with a 100% status chance in an area. Enemies directly hit by the projectile will be frozen for a duration of 5 / 7 / 12 / 15 seconds. If the projectile impacts a surface, a patch of ice will be created that lasts 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 seconds and slows enemies as they enter its area of effect.
- All damage is affected by Ability Strength and body-part multipliers.
- Cold damage is effective against Alloy Armor, Shielded, and Infested Sinew, but less effective against Infested Flesh and Fossilized.
- Cold status effect reduces a target's movement speed and fire/attack rate by 50% over a duration of 6 seconds. An ice patch created by Freeze reduces a target's movement speed and fire/attack rate by 75% in an area that persists until the patch's duration expires.
- Area damage affects the initial target, decreases with distance, and does not bypass obstacles in the environment.
- Freeze duration and ice duration are affected by Ability Duration.
- The freeze duration will end prematurely if the initial target loses 50% of its current health during the time its frozen.
- While frozen, enemies are unable to gain Status Effects, lose Status Effects, or regenerate Shields.
- Synergy: Casting Freeze onto the exterior of a Snow Globe will destroy it, triggering an icy explosion that damages and ragdolls enemies in an area of effect.
- Casting Avalanche on a target frozen by Freeze will override Freeze's effects. The target will remain frozen for Avalanche's duration while temporarily reducing the target's armor and removing Freeze's health threshold.
- Freeze is a one-handed action. As such, it can be used while performing various maneuvers and actions without interruption.
- Can be recast on a frozen target multiple times, restarting the freeze timer.
- Has a cast delay of ~0.6 seconds.
- Main article: Freeze Force
- Its primary strength is that a direct hit causes the target to be frozen in place for a fixed 10 seconds, regardless of rank. This is particularly useful when fighting single enemies such as bosses to buy time for teammates to revive incapacitated Tenno, recharge shields, reload, etc.
- Targets that are frozen will be freed of their immobility if they take health damage by anything. Freeze's utility can be easily wasted unless proper coordination with teammates is exercised.
- Freeze can be used to set up an effective kill-combo on an enemy with a burst-damage attack.
- Arbitration Shield Drones won't dispel the freeze effect from frozen enemies.
- Placing a Slash proc on enemies and then casting freeze can stop an enemy from killing you while slowly killing them via bleed damage.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases freeze duration to 45.9 seconds and ice duration to 36.72 seconds.
- Has no negative effects on this ability.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 6.25 energy.
- Reduces freeze duration to 6 seconds and ice duration to 4.8 seconds.
- Maximized Ability Range has no positive effects on this ability.
- Reduces initial damage to 140 and area damage to 60.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases initial damage to 1442 and area damage to 618.