Fortuna is a neon-lit Corpus debt-internment colony located on Venus. Built within a massive underground cavern beneath Orb Vallis, it is home to the Solaris, a population of body augmented debt-slaves working for Nef Anyo.
As a city hub, players can interact with various NPCs to purchase items from shops, or accept quests or bounties to be completed out in the vallis. Players can enter the Orb Vallis via an elevator on the far end of the colony, leading to the open frigid field beyond. The elevator acts as a loading screen, and players will be unable to exit out the other end until the loading is complete.
Solaris United[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Solaris United
The Solaris United are a rebel group of the Solaris people, seeking to liberate their fellow unhappy laborers who work for Nef Anyo underground in Fortuna. The Solaris people possess body augmentations that make them appear as Corpus-machine hybrids, and are responsible for processing the underground network of Orokin terraformation coolant and refining it for use back on the scorched surface of Orb Vallis on Venus.
Vox Solaris[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Vox Solaris (Syndicate)
Vox Solaris is a covert operation known only to the leaders of the Solaris United, with a known association to The Quills. Their mission is to take down the gargantuan Profit-Taker Orb and Exploiter Orbs roaming the Orb Vallis.
Ventkids[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Ventkids
Orb Vallis[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Orb Vallis
The Orb Vallis is an open-world region on Venus. This land of duality, where cold tundras made by Orokin terraformation devices mix with the original harsh Venusian atmosphere, is home to multiple Corpus outposts and colonies, among them the debt-internment colony of Fortuna.
It was introduced in Update 24.0 on November 8, 2018 on PC, December 10, 2018 on Playstation 4 and Xbox One, and February 5, 2019 on Nintendo Switch.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Nef Anyo periodically displays prerecorded messages through various monitors in the complex, often in a degrading and accusing tone that often belittles the Solaris workers as nothing more than lazy freeloaders.
- Interacting with the second worker hammering at the water platform at the entrance of Fortuna will replay the opening cutscene and the song "We All Lift Together". This interaction will only be available after Vox Solaris has been completed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On October 23, 2018, a Discord channel named "Solaris United" was started by Digital Extremes to tease the coming release of Fortuna.
- Fortuna shares its name with the Roman goddess of fortune.
- In Turkish, the word 'Fırtına' (pronounced very similarly) means storm, often Thunderstorm, which could refer to the whirling storm that surrounds the Orb Vallis
- In Spanish, the word 'Fortuna' means favorable luck, or a great amount of money, possibly related to Nef Anyo profiting off the Solaris in Fortuna.
- In Portuguese, the word "Fortuna" means a lot of wealth, money and treasure, but it can also express the luck or final destiny of a person´s life.
- A Digital Extremes logo can be found in Fortuna. Upon loading into Fortuna the player can bullet jump to the upper-right ledge, then to the ledge above Rude Zuud's shop. Upon approaching the logo a prompt will appear to activate. Doing so will bring up a new screen that displays the credits of all those that worked on Fortuna in DE.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
|Characters||Boon • Cutter • Eudico (Vox) • Solaris United Agent|
|Vendors||Legs • Rude Zuud • Smokefinger • The Business • Ticker|
|Allied Vendors||Little Duck • Roky|
|Fortuna • Deck 12 • Orb Vallis • Solari Language • Ventkids • Vox Solaris|
|Starchart||Clan Dojo • Iron Wake • Maroo's Bazaar • Relay|
|Open World||Cetus • Fortuna • Necralisk|