Forma is a resource used to add, remove, or alter the Polarity of a Mod slot on Warframes, Archwings, weapons, or Companions; add Tiles to a Clan Dojo; to rise in Syndicate ranks or serve as a component in the creation of certain weapons and items.
Two Forma are required to build an Exilus Adapter.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 20||Blueprints Price: N/A|
Lith/Meso/Neo/Axi refer to Void Relics
(V) Denotes Vaulted Void Relics
(B) Denotes Baro Ki'Teer Exclusive Void Relic
A completed, ready-to-use Forma can be:
- Purchased from the Market for 20
- Purchased from the Market as a three-Forma bundle for 35.
- Received as a reward for completing a Sortie.
- Received as a reward for finding the third cache in Earth Sabotage missions (0.5% chance).
- Found in Rare Orokin Storage Containers or Reinforced Orokin Storage Containers in Orokin Derelict, Void, and Lua missions.
- Found in one of the two containers from the music puzzle on Lua (20% chance)
- Purchased from Nakak in Cetus during Operation: Plague Star for 3,000 Operational Supply Standing and 5,000.
- Three-Forma bundles were rewarded at ranks 7 and 27 of Nightwave.
A Forma blueprint can be:
- Received as a Daily Tribute.
- Rewarded when opening Void Relics.
- Received as a Rotation C reward in Orokin Derelict Defense missions.
- Offered as a reward for an Invasion mission.
- Received as a reward for finding the third cache in an Earth Sabotage mission (2% chance).
- Received as a reward for completing a Rathuum Arena mission (0.34% chance).
- Received as a reward for completing a Conclave match.
Note that the blueprint is consumed when the Forma is crafted.
Using Forma on Equipment
To apply a Forma, go to the Arsenal and access the desired item's Mod loadout. Select Action at the bottom of the screen, then choose Polarize, which will show all available type of Forma to choose from. Choose Forma, which will show a layout of the item's mod slots and polarities. Click on a slot to cycle through the possible polarities. A slot that already has a polarity (either by default or from a prior polarization) can also be changed.
Forma can only be used on equipment that has already been ranked to 30 and, when used, said equipment is reset to rank 0 (unranked). Warframe skills are also reset, with skills and their respective ranks needing to be re-unlocked. Forma can be used again on already polarized equipment, provided that it is leveled to 30 again. Orokin Catalysts and Orokin Reactors are unaffected by the usage of Forma. Re-leveling equipment after using Forma on it does not grant mastery points.
For each Forma used on equipment, said equipment will gain a star above the name of the equipment starting from the center.
Blueprints Requiring Forma
- Oddly enough, players can polarize Aura mod slots with the Unairu polarity, despite there currently being no Aura mods with that polarity.
- Similarly, players can also polarize mod slots belonging to non-melee weapons with said polarity as well.
- All syndicates require Forma to advance to Rank 2, as well as in order to become neutral if the Tenno has fallen to the first negative rank.
- Players cannot add Umbra polarity to slots using Forma, even when Polarizing Skiajati or Excalibur Umbra. Existing Umbra polarities can be replaced with others, but after that they can only be restored by using an Umbral Forma.
- A Warframe, Archwing, or weapon that has been polarized once can have their Secondary Energy Color customized.
- Forma means "shape" in a variety of languages.
- From the Scanner inside the Orbiter, one can occasionally hear a Grineer inspecting someone's cargo and getting bribed with a Forma after he finds something suspicious.
- The prevalence of golden surfaces in Orokin Void levels and on Prime equipment may indicate the use of massive amounts of Forma in their construction. The grey surfaces in the Clan Dojo may be due to Tenno improvising with more mundane materials while copying Orokin aesthetics.
- A Forma is required to craft nearly all Clan Research weapons, though this is most likely only for gameplay reasons as most of them don't involve any Orokin technology.
Last updated: Update 24.6