“It's taking longer than I calculated.”This page is actively being worked on and may not be completely correct. Please assist in making this page accurate.
Lua Lens and Tradeable status (regular lenses can be traded) on the template
Focus Lenses are special items that convert a specific percentage of Affinity earned on a fully leveled (Rank 30 or 40) gear item to Focus points; these accumulated points can be spent on upgrading or unlocking Focus abilities. A single Focus Lens can only be installed on fully leveled items; if an item currently equipped with a Focus Lens is polarized, it will need to be fully leveled back to continue earning Focus points.
Focus Points have a daily limit of 250,000, which scales with at the rate of 5,000 additional cap per Mastery Rank. This limit resets at 00:00 UTC.
Type of LensEdit
Regular Focus Lenses convert 1.25% of excess affinity earned into Focus points. These lenses can be acquired as rewards from Bounties (level 20-40 and 30-50) offered by Konzu in Cetus on the Plains of Eidolon, and by Eudico in Fortuna on the Orb Vallis. Alternatively, they can also be traded between players with a 2,000 Trading Tax.
Greater Lenses convert 1.75% of excess Affinity into Focus points, 40% more than the regular Focus Lens. Blueprints can be bought with credits from the Components section of the Market upon completing The Second Dream quest, with complete Greater Lenses purchasable for 40. Greater Lenses cannot be traded. Greater Focus Lenses require a set of four matching Focus Lenses from any of the 5 Tenno Schools to craft.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 40||Blueprints Price: 200,000|
Eidolon Lenses convert 2.25% of excess Affinity into Focus points, 28.5% more than a Greater Focus Lens and 80.0% more than a regular Focus lens. Their blueprints can be obtained from Tier 5 Cetus Bounties or traded between players. The lens can also be bought from the Market for 80. Crafted Eidolon Lenses that have been attributed to a school can be traded between players. Eidolon Lenses require a Greater Focus Lens from any of the 5 Tenno Schools to craft.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 80||Blueprints Price: N/A|
Lua Lenses convert 3.25% of excess Affinity into Focus points, ~44% more than the Eidolon Focus Lens, ~86% more than the Greater Focus Lens, and 160% more than the regular Focus Lens. Their blueprint can be acquired as a Rotation C Lua Disruption reward or traded between players. Lua Lenses require an Eidolon Focus Lens from any of the 5 Tenno Schools to craft.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price: N/A|
Equipping a LensEdit
Lenses can be applied to the following pieces of gear:
- Fully leveled/maximum rank (level 30 or 40) Warframe, Weapon, Archwing, Arch-gun, Arch-melee, K-Drive
- Gilded Amp
To equip a Lens, visit the "Actions" menu in the Mods loadout screen and select the "Focus Lens" item. Note that once a Lens is installed, it cannot be removed, only replaced with a different one (which will destroy the equipped lens).
Players who have not completed The Second Dream quest will not see the option to install a Lens.
The school of Focus earned is determined by which school of lens that is installed (e.g. installing a Naramon Lens on a Warframe will earn Naramon Focus). Focus points as mechanics which pertain Affinity distribution are as follows:
- Warframe-power kills award Affinity directly (100% to the Warframe) without any further distribution, fully converting the Focus through the Lens attached on to the Warframe.
- Weapon kills distribute Affinity evenly (50% to the Warframe, 50% to the weapon) between the killing weapon and Warframe. If the Warframe does not have a Lens installed, this results in a loss since the Warframe is unable to convert excess affinity.
- Allied kills distribute Affinity 25% to the Warframe and the remaining 75% shared among all equipped weapons. If a Rank-30 weapon does not contain a Focus Lens, it will not convert any affinity obtained from ally kills into Focus points.
There are multiple types of Focus Lenses of varying effectiveness available, which can be acquired from different sources.
- ↑ Assuming only one weapon equipped for simplicity. Total focus is the same if all weapons have lenses. If some weapons have no lens or a mix of greater and lesser weapon lenses is used an intermediate amount of focus will be earned.
|Superchargers|| Arcane Enhancement • Exilus Adapter • Exilus Weapon Adapter • (Greater, Eidolon, Lua) Focus Lens|
(Aura, Stance, Umbra) Forma • Gravimag • Orokin Catalyst • Orokin Reactor
|Keys / Navigation||Animo Nav Beacon • Clan Key • Derelict Key • Judgement Points • Mutalist Alad V Assassinate Key|
|Extractors||(Prime) Titan Extractor • (Prime) Distilling Extractor|
|Boosters||Affinity Booster • Credit Booster • Mod Drop Chance Booster • Resource Booster • Resource Drop Chance Booster|
|Others||Rush Repair Drone|