The Flux Rifle is a Corpus laser rifle used by Elite Crewmen. A continuous weapon, the Flux Rifle fires a sustained beam with high damage, enabling it to slice through flesh with ease. It also features a battery that automatically regenerates ammo after the user stops firing for a second.
- High damage – effective against health.
- High status chance.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Innate 0.5 meter punch through.
- High fire rate.
- Large magazine size.
- Consumes 0.5 ammo per tick of damage.
- Does not use ammo pickups; ammo regenerates over time.
- Has a 1 second delay after the weapon stops firing before regenerating ammo. Then, regenerates 40 ammo per second; takes 1.25 seconds to regenerate a fully depleted battery excluding the delay.
- Can use the Flux Rifle-exclusive mod.
- Low and no damage – less effective against armor and shields.
- Damage ramps up from 25% to 100% over 0.6 seconds when firing. After firing stops for 0.8 seconds, the damage decays back to 25% over 2 seconds.
- Low critical chance.
- Thin continuous short range laser, requires precise aiming.
- Staggered opponents may 'jump' out of user's crosshair.
- Limited range of 30 meters.
- Does not benefit from mods that increase maximum ammo, due to lack of an ammo pool.
- Does not receive benefit from reload-triggered mods such as .
- Flux Rifle (attack: Normal), compared to Tenet Flux Rifle (attack: Normal):
- Lower base damage (22 vs. 27.5)
- Lower total damage (22 vs. 27.5)
- Lower base critical chance (10% vs. 20%)
- Higher base critical multiplier (2x vs. 1.8x)
- Lower base status chance (24% vs. 26%)
- Lower average damage per shot (max Progenitor bonus if applicable) (24.2 vs. 40.83)
- Lower burst DPS (max Progenitor bonus if applicable) (290.4 vs. 612.48)
- Lower sustained DPS (max Progenitor bonus if applicable) (228.66 vs. 499.98)
- Lower fire rate (12 round(s)/sec vs. 15 round(s)/sec)
- Smaller magazine (50 round(s) vs. 120 round(s))
- Larger max ammo capacity (inf round(s) vs. 1,200 round(s))
- Slower reload time (2.25 s vs. 1.8 s)
- Less accurate (100 vs. 200)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (6 vs. 16)
- Higher disposition (1.55 vs. 0.5)
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Energy Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
- Because the 50 shots count as part of a single magazine rather than an ammo pool, mods like have no effect.
- Can dismember and slice enemies, making it easier to cut through a line of enemies instead of firing at their corpses prematurely.
- This also helps with Desecrating corpses.
- As of Update 9, the laser graphic now lines up properly with the target reticle.
- Similar to Ramparts and all Arch-guns, ammo starts to automatically regenerate after 1 second of not firing the weapon. This regeneration delay is affected by reload speed mods like . The regeneration rate is 40 ammo per second.
- The Flux Rifle has a high chance of cutting corpses into pieces, making it an ideal candidate for a to bring along, as the game considers the cut corpses as separate entities, essentially giving multiple corpses to desecrate from a single enemy and thus yielding more chances to create more drops.
- and/or makes the Flux Rifle much better for dealing with crowds; simply line yourself up so you hit multiple enemies at once to save ammo.
- The Flux Rifle was the first rifle that did not follow the Corpus weapon naming convention; typically a Latin word with two syllables ending in an "a". Others include the and .
- The Flux Rifle was originally meant to be a Grineer weapon, as shown in the Codex art gallery.
- When initially introduced, the Flux Rifle's description was "FLUX RIFLE", presumably a developer oversight.
- The Flux Rifle has a smaller version in the form of the , introduced in Update 9.
- The beam of the Flux Rifle bears cosmetic similarity to the Orokin Tower Death Orb laser beams.
- It is likely that both this gun and the Fusion MOA's main weapon were attempts to replicate this technology.
- The Flux Rifle itself was never used by the Corpus until Operation: Arid Fear introduced Elite Crewmen, several months after this gun was added.
- Up until Hotfix 11.3.3 (2013-12-13), , , and (all of which influence fire rate one way or another) had little (if any) impact on the rate at which the Flux Rifle consumed ammunition. This also held true for other continuous-fire weapons at the time ( , , etc.)
- While using Shade, holding down the fire button and then proceeding close to enemies will cloak you, and you will continue to be cloaked until your magazine is drained and you must reload. This tactic uses ammo very quickly but may be useful against heavy opponents as you can inflict heavy damage without them retaliating. If you wish to use this tactic, equip and/or to increase the duration of the time spent cloaked before having to reload.
- During a solo mission when the game is paused while firing the Flux Rifle, one can see both the flash and beam of the gun blinking.
Flux Rifle Skins
Last updated: Hotfix 25.0.8 (2019-05-31)
- , the Tenet counterpart of this weapon.
- , the side arm version of the Flux Rifle.
- Elite Crewman, a Corpus unit that uses this weapon.
|Research • Clan • Dojo|
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|