Finisher attacks are special melee attacks that have a custom animation and deal a very high amount of damage. For the available types of finishers see below.
- Weapon's level can affect finisher's damage
- All weapon types have individual finisher animations. Heavier weapons tend to perform this action slower than lighter weapons.
- Players performing finishers are invulnerable for the duration of the animation.
- Additionally, Finisher attack damage is dependent on the type of melee weapon used and can be increased by Finishing Touch as well as several Ability Augments (e.g. Excalibur's Radiant Finish).
- ( Primed) Fury, Gladiator Vice, Quickening, Arcane Strike and the weapon type influence the animation speed of the finisher. This caps at a 33% faster animation with +50% attack speed. Berserker and the weapon's base attack speed do not affect animation speed.
- Damage multipliers from finishers factor total weapon damage, equipped mods (including critical chance and critical multiplier mods) will also affect a finisher's final damage.
- On some enemies it isn't possible to use a finisher, these include Rollers, Ospreys, Cameras and Turrets.
- Examples of finisher moves can be found in the gallery page.
|Combo||Aiming at Downed Enemy + Melee|
Execute knocked-down enemies. This attack is performed upon moving close to a downed opponent, aiming your crosshair at the target and pressing the melee attack button. This will not work on most bosses. This attack often will initiate even when not looking down at an enemy, but when contacting an enemy who has been knocked down.
- Ground Finishers do not inflict True Damage, but rather retain their damage spread as normal. As a result they are not considered Finisher attacks for most in-game challanges such as Riven mods and Nightwave daily challenges.
- Ground Finishers deal a multiple of the weapon's damage. Different weapon types gain different damage multipliers: [Expand]
- 3.0x for Staves.
- 4.0x for all other weapon types.
- 4.4x for Nikanas and Sword and Shields.
- 4.5x for Warfans.
- 6.0x for Daggers and Hammers.
- 7.0x for Dual Daggers.
- 8.0x for Dual Swords.
- 8.5x for Sarpa.
- 8.8x for Tonfas.
- 12.5x for Redeemer.
- 14.0x for Rapiers.
- 28.5x for Sparring weapons.
- 30.0x for Fist weapons.
- Finishers may consist of several attacks, this represents the combined damage value.
|Combo||Approach unalerted enemy from behind + Interact button|
As long as an enemy is unaware of the Tenno presence, a stealth attack may be executed on them. To perform a stealth attack, the player must approach an enemy from behind and activate the stealth attack prompt.
- Often called "Stealth Finisher" to differentiate from normal attacks with the stealth damage bonus.
- Stealth Attacks have their damage fully converted to True Damage.
- Damage value pop-ups always appear yellow, identical to critical hit damage values (even if the stealth attack did not crit).
- Special enemies, such as Targets and Wardens, receive extra damage from stealth attacks.
- Few Bosses, such as The Sergeant, can be stealth attacked.
- Stealth Attacks deal a multiple of the weapon's damage. Damage multipliers for each weapon type are as follows: [Expand]
|Combo||Vulnerable enemy + Interact button|
Through certain abilities and attacks even alerted enemies can be made vulnerable to finisher attacks. Without a prompt the player can perform a finisher on the enemy, if close enough.
- Enemies in this stunned, vulnerable state also take increased damage through the stealth damage bonus.
- However they do not grant the affinity bonus of normal stealth kills, if they were alerted beforehand.
- If they were unalerted when being affected by these effects, they will stay that way for the duration of the stun or blind even when attacked.
- Damage conversion to True Damage applies just as for Stealth Finishers.
- Even if the enemy remains in a stunned or blinded state, a finisher can only be executed once per enemy until they are made vulnerable again.
- While most melee weapons by themselves cannot open enemies to finishers, all single dagger weapons can after performing a heavy attack.
- Rear finishers use the same animations as Stealth finishers, but when performed from the front a different animation will be used.
- Some weapons have different damage multipliers for their Front-Finishers compared their Back-Finishers, with back finishers using weapon multipliers from the Stealth Attack section above. Multipliers for Front Finishers are as follows: [Expand]
- Main article: Parazon
Mercies are special finishers that can be performed using the Parazon on weakened enemies marked by a red Parazon symbol. Players can gain a buff upon performing mercies based on mods equipped on their Parazon.
Methods to Open Enemies to Front- / Back-Finishers:Edit
Ash teleports towards the target, bringing him into melee range and making enemies vulnerable to finishers.
|Range:20 / 45 / 45 / 60 m|
|Rest & Rage|
In Night Form targets are put to sleep. In Day Form targets become more vulnerable to damage.
Emits a bright flash of light, blinding all enemies in a small radius for several seconds.
|Duration:7 / 10 / 12 / 15 s|
|Range:8 / 12 / 15 / 25 m|
Let out ferocious howl that stuns nearby enemies and causes Sentients to shed any built up resistances.
|Duration:7 / 10 / 12 / 15 s|
|Range:8 / 12 / 15 / 25 m|
- Standing in bright light, Gara has a chance to blind enemies within 12 meters for 10 seconds and expose them to Melee Finisher attacks.
Blast enemies with a wave of cursed sand that blinds them and steals their health.
|Strength:75 / 100 / 125 / 150 (damage)|
2 / 4 / 6 / 8 (damage/sec)
|Duration:3 / 5 / 6 / 8 s|
|Range:10 / 12 / 13 / 15 m|
Cycle through and shoot one of four tactical arrows: Cloak, Dashwire, Noise and Sleep. In the Conclave, use the Null-Shield and Slow Arrows.
|Duration:12 s (bubble duration)|
10 s (sleep duration)
|Range:2.5 m (bubble radius)|
20 m (noise radius)
6 m (sleep radius)
|Misc:3 (max bubbles)|
4 (max ziplines)
100 m (zipline range)
50% (sleep health threshold)
Valkyr unleashes her shields, stunning and damaging enemies around her.
|Strength:2x / 2.5x / 3x / 3.5x (damage multiplier)|
400 / 600 / 800 / 1000 (knockback strength)
|Range:5 / 7 / 8 / 10 m|
Evaporate into a cloud of mist and float through the battlefield, dazing any enemy encountered, while healing Wukong and his twin.
|Strength:0.5% / 0.6% / 0.8% / 1% (health / meter)|
|Duration:2 s (cloud duration)|
|Range:5 / 6 / 7 / 8 m (stun radius)|
|Misc:30 m/s (cloud movement speed)|
100% (status cleanse on cast)
2 s (stun duration)