The Ferrox is a Corpus Speargun introduced and wielded by Index broker Derim Zahn. The primary fire features a charged thin beam that deals high damage, complimented by its high critical stats. Its Alternate Fire tosses the Ferrox as far as 50 meters, creating an field where it lands and pulls enemies towards it.
- Primary Fire charges and shoots thin beams.
- High damage – effective against armor.
- Beams are hitscan and do not have projectile travel time, despite the animation.
- Very high critical chance and critical multiplier.
- Innate 1.5 meter punch through.
- Shots explode in a 3.6 meter radius after reaching maximum punch through distance.
- Very fast charge speed.
- Vaporizes enemies on kill, making it good for stealth when silenced.
- Alternate Fire throws the Ferrox, creating a field dealing damage and pulling enemies within 10 meters toward the Ferrox every 2 seconds.
- Reloads 33% of the magazine per second while deployed or holstered.
- Very ammo efficient.
- Innate and polarities.
- Primary Fire:
- Low damage – less effective against shields.
- Low status chance.
- Explosion inflicts self-stagger.
- Explosion has linear damage falloff from 100% to 60% from central impact.
- Explosion range cannot be increased with ( ) and .
- Shoots thin lasers, thus requiring precise aiming.
- Cannot fire with a partial charge.
- The weapon fires as soon as it has reached a full charge which can lead to premature firing.
- Alternate Fire:
- Innate damage – less effective against Alloy Armor.
- Extremely low critical chance.
- Once thrown, the player will not be able to use it until it is either picked up or when it returns to the player's hands after 10 seconds if quick thrown or 30 seconds if charged thrown.
- Thrown spear has travel time.
- The electricity field created by throwing has a flat 50% status chance that cannot be increased using mods.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 150||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Energy Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
- The Ferrox' alternate fire throws the weapon itself at the target, and upon landing on a surface arcs of electricity will emit from the Ferrox and chain to enemies within 10 meters, dealing 150 damage every 2 seconds with a moderate chance to proc. Enemies under this effect will also be passively dragged towards the Ferrox.
- The damage's tick rate is affected by fire rate mods.
- Multishot, critical damage, critical chance, and status chance have no effect on this mode. The only way to boost this alternate mode is through elemental damage, pure damage increases, faction damage mods, and fire rate.
- The Ferrox automatically teleports back to the player 30 seconds after being thrown, or until the player manually picks the Ferrox back up again.
- Throwing the weapon does not consume ammo, however at least 1 ammo is required to perform the throw.
- The Ferrox' alt-fire has a maximum throwing range of ~50m (though it may be displayed as slightly less due to the forward movement of the player when throwing the weapon).
- The arc Ferrox will take when thrown is affected by both the angle of the throw as well as how much the throw was charged.
- Throwing distance can be increased with flight speed modifiers (e.g. and 's Augment).
- Unlike the , the Ferrox' alt-fire will not self-stagger its user when thrown too close.
- If the Ferrox is silenced using , , or 's passive ability, its alt-fire will not alert enemies when dragging and dealing damage to them.
- Enemies killed by the primary or damage from the secondary attack will vaporize, similar to channeled kills by melee weapons. This makes it very suitable for stealth, as long as the weapon is silenced or is used.
- This only occurs if the enemy was the last in the line of a primary shot. If a Ferrox shot kills multiple enemies at once due to punch-through, not all targets will be vaporized.
- It is not recommended to install as the accuracy will greatly deviate leading to inaccurate shots, however, it is one of the few ways to maximize the damage of the alt-fire tether, which is unaffected by accuracy.
- This weapon's high critical chance and critical multiplier makes critical builds using and very good options.
- When applying additional elements to the Ferrox, its alt-fire will proc them periodically; as with other weapons with an elemental base, will be applied last if there are two or more other elements modded for, unless an mod is included in the order.
- will still have an effect while the spear is out after the alt-fire is used, so it's possible to do seamless reloads this way.
- The Ferrox' alt-fire is very useful as a crowd control tool in Survival missions, as its tethering arcs may stun enemies with procs and also pull them together in a close bunch.
- It is further amplified on corridors where enemies pass through frequently.
- Grenade-type secondary weapons such as and , thrown secondaries with , and weapons that chain between targets like the are good choices when using the Ferrox in this manner.
- This will also assist squadmates with launcher-type primaries such as and , as well as any weaponry with procs.
- The Ferrox' alt-fire is affected by fire rate mods making it tick more often.
- The tether mode is useful for grouping up enemies for the use of quickly charging up 's augment mod.
- The bodies of enemies killed by this weapon disintegrate in a manner similar to channeled Melee kills.
- Has the same aesthetic as the tonfas and Quaro armor set.
- The name Ferrox seems to be a mix of the Latin words Ferox, meaning "savage" or "fierce", and Ferrum, meaning "iron".
- Derim Zahn, a broker in The Index that uses this weapon.
- , a Tonfa-type weapon that shares the same theme.
|Research • Clan • Dojo|
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|