Exodia Contagion is an Arcane Enhancement for Zaws that unleashes a projectile of Infested energy upon performing an aerial melee attack while aim gliding after a bullet jump or double jump. Increasing the Enhancement's Rank gives the projectile additional damage if it travels 30 meters before it contacts an enemy or a surface.
|Rank||Damage (after 30m)||Explosion radius|
- Can be bought unranked from Nakak during Operation: Plague Star for 5,000 + 1,500 each upon reaching the rank of Defender with Operational Supply.
- Could be bought unranked from Daughter during the 2020 Nights of Naberus event for 50 s each.
- Upon performing a mid-air attack while Aim Gliding after bullet jumping or double jumping, an infested projectile will be launched towards the player's target.
- Base projectile damage, critical chance, critical damage, and status chance depends on the Zaw's Stat and equipped mods on the Zaw.
- Has multiple damage instances; projectile direct-hit, explosion and direct-hit DoT
- Explosion has a forced proc.
- Direct hits on enemies makes the projectile stick to them, dealing damage and inflicting a forced proc each second for 4 seconds, after which it explodes on the 5th second.
- If an enemy is instantly killed by the direct-hit instance of damage before the explosion, the projectile will continue travelling, as if going though air, and will only explode after hitting the level geometry or an enemy which survives the direct-hit. This is more noticeable when scoring headshots.
- The projectile can proc .
- The projectile can proc on a direct hit, however it will not proc on the explosion.
- The projectile can be launched with a heavy attack by sliding in the air while heavy attacking. It does not gain any additional damage when launched in this way.
- The effects of apply, same with any crit mod that has a 2x bonus on heavy attacks. (e.g. )
- "On heavy attack" mod effects apply on direct hits and the explosion (e.g. Life Strike, Dispatch Overdrive and Carnis Mandible)
- Windup speed does not change the projectile timing, but does shorten the attack animation.
- Bug: For the explosion to count as a heavy attack, you need to be in the heavy attack animation when the explosion hits enemies. Which means you have to be close enough so the projectile hits before the animation ends. OR you can use a normal attack, and right before the projectile explodes use a heavy attack to ground slam for example.
- The damage from the projectile is affected by stealth damage multipliers.
- The damage of the projectile is increased by 0% / 100% / 200% / 300% plus (combo level - 1) / 4 after traveling 30 meters, indicated by a small burst of energy at that point.
- Damage increase depends on the rank of the Arcane.
- The projectile can be controlled by 's ability, but the projectile will disappear in the air a few seconds after hitting an enemy or 's if the ability is still in use.
- If controlled by Navigator, the projectile will not gain the damage bonus after traveling 30m unless controlled after it has traveled 30m.
- The projectile will not be redirected by 's ability.
- The damage is increased by Madurai's Void Strike.
- The speed of the projectile is affected by attack speed mods and buffs.
- The base attack speed of the Zaw has no influence on the projectile speed of Exodia Contagion.
- Projectile hits do not count towards the Melee Combo Counter.
- The projectile is not affected by range mods.
- The range of the explosion is an 8-meter radius.
- The projectile is affected by gravity but is otherwise not range-limited.
- Kills from the projectile still count as Melee kills for the purposes of relevant Nightwave missions.
- Trading tax scales with rank:
- The projectile launched takes on the appearance of the Zaw's Strike, which will embed itself on the first surface it hits before disappearing after a few seconds.
- If a skin is equipped, it will take on the appearance of the full weapon (minus the sheath for Nikanas).
- Installing this arcane (or Exodia Epidemic) on a Zaw will give the Zaw's Links an infested visual appearance.
- Unlike other Exodia Arcanes, Exodia Contagion depicts a symbol, instead of inscription.
- Prior to Update 24.6 (2019-04-04), Exodia Contagion was purchasable as a blueprint with the following requirements to build:
|Time: 1 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price: 500 + 1,500|
- Occasionally the projectile will not disappear after the second explosion.
- If fired on certain surfaces like small pools of water on Earth, the projectile will vanish on contact and not explode afterwards.
- Currently, Condition Overload affects the damage of the direct-hit of the projectile.
Last updated: Update 22.19 (2018-05-02)
|Eidolon • Helmets • Ostron • Operator • Amp • Solaris United • The Holdfasts • The Quills • Vox Solaris|