The Exilus Warframe Adapter is a special item that can be fused with a Warframe to unlock an Exilus Mod Slot, which is a special additional slot that can be used solely for Exilus Mods, aka Utility Mods. Each Warframe can only have a single Exilus Slot active, and any eligible mods used on the slot will consume mod capacity, like normal mods. An Exilus slot can be polarized using Forma, but its polarity cannot be swapped with that of another slot.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
- Can be purchased from the Market for 20 under Equipment → Components.
- A fully built Adapter is obtained automatically after completing the Natah Quest.
- A fully built Adapter is also rewarded after completing the final mission in A Man of Few Words Quest.
- A fully built Adapter is rewarded on the 150- and 450-Day Daily Tribute Milestones. It can also be obtained on the 50-Day Daily Tribute Milestone via the Awakened Luna Cache.
- A fully built Adapter was rewarded to players as a token of apology for server issues on 13th September 2015.
- A fully built Adapter can be obtained from Sorties.
- The blueprint can be obtained from Cephalon Simaris after completion of the Natah Quest for 50,000. The blueprint is consumed upon crafting and must be repurchased to craft another Adapter.
- The blueprint can be obtained from Teshin for 75,000.
- The blueprint can be obtained from some Invasions.
- Fully built Adapters are also commonly given out as Twitch drops on the Devstreams.
|Time: 23 hrs|
|Market Price: 20||Blueprints Price: 50,000|
How to Use[edit | edit source]
To use an Adapter on PC, click on a Warframe's locked Exilus Slot, which will open a prompt asking for confirmation to use the Adapter to unlock the slot. If a locked Exilus Slot is clicked without Adapters being available, a prompt will appear which will ask whether the player wishes to purchase an Adapter from the Market.
On Console, you must try to equip an Exilus mod on a locked Exilus slot with an Adapter in your inventory. If you do, a dialogue box will open asking if you want to fuse the adapter with the current Warframe. Once unlocked, you can change the polarity of the slot with Forma.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Adapter was introduced in Update 17.0 (2015-07-31).
- Adapters inexplicably have a nickname of "tomato", analogous to vegetable-reminiscent visuals of other rare items.
- This is probably due to their red color above all else. Judging by shape, "pretzel" would be a more appropriate moniker.
- During Devstream 100 on November 3rd, 2017, a glitch resulted in viewers whose Twitch accounts were linked to their Warframe accounts receiving multiple in-game mails with fully built Adapters. It is reported that some players received as many as 30 Adapters.
- During the Natah quest Tyl Regor remarks that Exilus was a kind of "primordial Forma, an engine for self-manipulation".
Patch History[edit | edit source]
|Warframe Exilus Mods|
|Drift|| • • |
• • •
|Bullet Jump|| • • |
• • • •
|Movement||• • • •|
|Resistance||• ( ) •|
|Other Utility|| • • • • |
• • •
• • • •
|Augments||• • • • • • • •|
|Superchargers|| Exilus Adapter • Exilus Weapon Adapter|
Focus Lens (Regular, Greater, Eidolon, Lua)
Forma (Aura, Stance, Umbra) • Gravimag • Orokin Catalyst • Orokin Reactor
|Keys / Navigation||Animo Nav Beacon • Baro Void-Signal • Clan Key • Enter Nihil's Oubliette • Grendel Chassis Locator • Grendel Neuroptics Locator • Grendel Systems Locator • Judgement Points • Mutalist Alad V Assassinate Key|
|Extractors||(Prime) Titan Extractor • (Prime) Distilling Extractor|
|Boosters||Affinity Booster • Credit Booster • Mod Drop Chance Booster • Resource Booster • Resource Drop Chance Booster|
|Others||Rush Repair Drone|