Exergis is a Corpus shotgun that shatters a crystal into enemies, puncturing them with devastating Radiation shards. Its extremely high damage output, large status chance, and reload speed make up for its single round, poor critical chance, and critical multiplier.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:20,000|
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- Highest base damage of all non-Archwing weapons.
- Very high status chance per bullet.
- Innate Radiation confuses enemies and makes them indiscriminately attack each other.
- Tightest pellet spread of all pellet shotguns.
- Fairly fast reload speed.
- Innate 0.5 meter Punch Through.
- Innate polarity.
- Innate Radiation damage – less effective against Shielded, Infested, and Fossilized.
- Low Impact damage – less effective against shields.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 49.2% from 30m to 60m target distance (distances are affected by projectile flight speed).
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Very low critical chance.
- Lowest critical multiplier of all primary weapons.
- Extremely low magazine size of just one round; requires frequent reloading.
- Lowest pellet count of all shotguns.
- Narrow pellet spread makes it harder to hit multiple enemies at once.
- Can achieve over 100% status chance per pellet with:
- As the Exergis is a single-shot weapon, its firing speed is determined by its reload speed and fire rate stat instead. Thus, any mods that decrease firing speed can be equipped with a relatively small penalty, while those that increase it should be avoided in favor of reload speed mods.
- The delay between shooting and automatically reloading is determined by firing speed, even on single-shot weapons like the Exergis; a slower firing speed means a longer delay. This can be countered by pressing reload immediately after firing.
- Excluding automatic and beam shotguns, the Exergis has the highest accuracy rating/narrowest pellet spread in its class. Combined with the fact above, this makes it an extremely strong candidate for Vicious Spread.
- While the Exergis is capable of inflicting multiple status effects per shot when at 100% status chance like most other shotguns, it's only capable of three at a time due to its extremely low pellet count. Hell's Chamber and other multishot mods can remedy this, bringing the pellet count up to a minimum of 6 with an added 60% chance of firing 7.
- The Exergis is capable of holding up to six different damage types at once; Radiation, the three physical damage types, one secondary element, and either an additional secondary element, or a primary one. This gives the weapon the potential to fare extremely well against all enemy factions without the need to change mod configuration for each, as well as giving it a very large pool of possible status effects to proc per shot.
- Exergis can have up to 3 shots in its magazine, using a magazine capacity riven (2x positive and 1x negative), Ammo Stock and a non-maxed out Burdened Magazine. The returns from a build like this are miniscule, as user is forced to trade off 3 mod slots for this.
- Although the Arsenal shows a huge accuracy increase when using Tainted Shell, there doesn't seem to be a notable accuracy difference in practice.
- The projectile is made from a crystal that grows as the user "reloads" the weapon, hovering between two points before being shattered and its projectiles expelled outward. Not only is this unique for any weapon in Warframe, but it makes increasing Multishot more realistic, as the weapon can simply shatter a more powerful crystal into more shards.