Exalted Blade is Excalibur, Excalibur Prime, and Excalibur Umbra's signature Exalted Weapon, which can only be used upon activating the ability of the same name. The weapon exclusively uses the Exalted Blade stance.
Refer to the weapon's ability page for a list of mods that affect the weapon.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash damage – effective against health.
- Good critical chance.
- Good base status chance.
- Attacks release waves with unlimited punch through up to 40 meters.
- Slide attacks trigger a Radial Blind that stuns enemies within 5 meters for 6 seconds.
- Innate two and one polarities.
- Excalibur Umbra's Exalted Umbra Blade instead has innate two polarities.
- Low Impact and Puncture damage – less effective against shields and armor.
- Low attack speed.
- Wave damage dissipates with range.
- Wave hits do not count towards the Melee Combo Counter.
- Low wave flight speed.
- Requires energy to activate and keep active.
- Slide attack blinds do not open affected enemies to Finisher Attacks.
- As an Exalted Weapon, it cannot benefit from, nor contribute to the set bonus of any Set Mods (excluding the Sacrificial Mod Set; the Gladiator Mod Set can still apply if equipped on Melee or Robotic Weapons, and not on the Exalted Weapon itself).
- Cannot equip Melee Combo Counter Mods (except Drifting Contact), Acolyte Mods (e.g., Blood Rush), or Amalgam Mods (e.g., Amalgam Organ Shatter).
- Combo counter resets when equipped with Xoris.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Exalted Blade weapon appears in the Arsenal after unlocking Excalibur's Exalted Blade ability.
- While the arsenal states that Exalted Blade deals 250 damage and has an attack speed of 0.833, the actual stats are 275 damage and 0.917 attack speed due to Excalibur's Swordsmanship passive.
- Note that it's only possible to (re-)add an polarity to a mod slot with Umbra Forma, so it's advised not to polarize the pre-existing ones on Exalted Umbra Blade, unless Umbra Forma can be acquired.
- Sacrificial Pressure and Sacrificial Steel don't show any set bonus while being equipped simultaneously on Exalted (Umbra) Blade, but the set bonus effects are actually applied to the final stats.
- With both mods equipped, Sacrificial Steel at max rank will show that it's granting +220% critical hit chance, implying there is no set bonus. But final critical hit chance of Exalted Umbra Blade will become 56.25%. Since the base critical hit chance is 15%, this means it is increased by 275%, equal to that of Sacrificial Steel with set bonus.
- This is also true and applies to all Exalted melee and Garuda's Talons.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before the introduction of moddable Exalted Weapons, the stats of Exalted Blade depended on the mods equipped on the player's melee weapon.
- Prior to Update 23.0, Exalted Blade lacked a physical hilt and was fully made out of energy. This was later changed to allow for colour customization.
- On Excalibur Prime and Excalibur Umbra, the sword is named Exalted Prime Blade and Exalted Umbra Blade respectively and they have different forms. Their stats, however, are identical to Exalted Blade.
- The energy on Exalted Prime Blade is more prominent than on the other two variants.
- The design of Exalted Blade's hilt bears a general resemblance to Skana.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Hotfix 27.2.2
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Exalted Blade, the ability that summons the weapon.
- Exalted Blade (Stance), the weapon's exclusive stance.
- Excalibur, the weapon's user.