“You're not supposed to be in here! You're going to ruin the surprise!”The following section contains spoilers. Please complete Chimera Prologue quest before proceeding.
“Orokin secrets cannot remain secret forever! Start talking!”The following article/section is conjecture. Content is subjected to change/removal as the game progresses. Please do not use this article for critical in-game information.
Erra is a high ranking Sentient. Son of Hunhow, and older brother of Natah, he made his first appearance in The New War Trailer during TennoCon 2019, and officially appeared in the Erra cinematic quest.
Late in the Old War, Erra led an assault on Lua alongside another Sentient, presumably Hunhow. He reached a cave full of Reservoirs, where he grabbed a still living Dax by her head. When the Lotus, surrounded by six Tenno ordered him to let her go, Erra was devastated at seeing her current self now siding with the enemy, and tried to make her remember who she used to be as Natah and return to his people's side. He failed, and the Tenno attacked him using Void Beams, making him scream in agony.
In the present, Erra and Natah reunite, as he holds Ballas on a leash. He informs her of how much the system has changed since she was "unraveled". Natah calls Ballas out for having created the Tenno. Erra asks his sister to sing for her people, to bring them back home, which she does.
*This can be accessed by clicking the third card inside The New War quest in the Codex console.
Erra is telling Natah that their mother is gone and urges her to finish the war as she still has her fire. Natah notes that she remembers ordering the Tenno to attack Erra and he was apparently destroyed. Erra objects and states that she remembers wrong and will need time to completely heal from what the Makers had done to her. Natah points at leashed Ballas and asks if he is one of the Makers.
Erra then suddenly grabs and throws Natah at the pedestal behind him. She is trapped in some kind of trance and her body slightly expands. Erra tells her once more to finish the war and drops the leash from his hand. Now the freed amalgam Ballas stands tall for the first time since his incarceration. Both Erra and Ballas then silently stare at Natah.
- Erra is voiced by Antonio Greco.
- The name probably comes from Erra, an Akkadian plague god known from an 'epos' of the eighth century BCE.
- When Erra first appeared in The New War trailer, there was no mention regarding his name or who he is.
- Unlike most Sentients, Erra has eyebrow-like structures in his head, which change position depending on his emotions. He also walks, as opposed to levitating like most smaller Sentients do including Natah.
- Erra always refers to the Tenno as insects, calling them bees in a flashback during Erra quest and aphids during the third chapter cinematic.
- Oddly, while aphids don't have queens in their life cycle, Erra calls Natah "Queen of the aphids".