Emotes allow a Warframe or Operator to perform visible actions using their body for the purpose of communication and socialization. They can be accessed and activated through the in-game Gear menu (default Arsenal, allowing for different combinations of desired emotes to be used in a mission. Emotes are purely visual, and have no other effect on gameplay., called "Item Popout" in the key bindings). The emote wheel can be customized in the
List of known GesturesEdit
The following are the known list of actions that a Tenno can perform using the Emotes feature:
Apart from these emotes, Tenno can also perform Nartas, which are longer and more complex movement routines that are essentially Katas. Operators cannot perform the Nartas that are not toggled.
Another type of Emote that can be performed are Handshakes, which are emotes performed simultaneously between two players. In order to perform a Handshake, a player must first perform the Handshake emote, which will set them up. Once set up, another player can perform the Handshake emote on the player already set up to initiate the actual Handshake action. Apart from the normal Handshake gesture, each of the seven Syndicates also possess their own different Handshakes.
- As of Update 24.2, emotes can be cancelled by any keyboard input.
- Longer emotes such as Meditate or Nartas can prevent knockdown effects.
- Emotes can also be cancelled by clicking on the same emote that you had just chosen.
- Emotes were tested on the Vesper Relay Test Hub on Venus in Hotfix 15.5.3, and formally introduced to the game in Hotfix 15.5.7.
- Emotes can be used during Archwing missions.