Depending on Chroma's elemental alignment, an offensive area-of-effect is created. Chroma and his nearby allies are imbued with defensive energy.
- Chroma emits an aura that infuses himself and nearby allies with elemental energy as long as they remain within 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 meters, providing both offensive and defensive buffs. The aura lasts for 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 seconds.
- Elemental Ward exhibits different effects depending on Chroma's current elemental alignment, determined by Chroma's energy color.
- Generates a flame aura around Chroma and affected allies that increases base health by 50% / 75% / 100% / 200% and inflicts 25 / 50 / 75 / 100 Heat damage per second within a radius of 5 meters with a 2% / 5% / 7% / 10% status chance.
- Health bonus and damage per second are affected by Ability Strength, while the status chance is not.
- The health bonus stacks additively with base health modifiers, and the amount of health gained is determined by the affected Warframe's base health at rank 0. Since Chroma has 100 health at rank 0, a rank-3 Elemental Ward with a maxed Vitality and Intensify will increase Chroma's health at rank 30 to 200 + 100 × (1 + (4.4 + 2 × 1.3)) = 1,000.
- Heat damage is effective against Cloned Flesh, Infested, and Infested Flesh, but less effective against Proto Shields.
- Heat status effect deals 50% of Elemental Ward's base damage per tick over 7 ticks in 6 seconds. Ignited enemies will also panic and flail around for a brief period.
- Damage bypasses obstacles in the environment and decreases with distance.
- Burn radius is not affected by Ability Range.
- Infuses Chroma and affected allies with an electric current that increases base shields by 50% / 65% / 75% / 100% and converts incoming damage into arc discharges. An arc discharge inflicts 250% / 300% / 500% / 1000% incoming damage as Electricity damage to a single target within 5 / 6 / 8 / 10 meters with a 10% / 15% / 20% / 25% status chance. Arc discharges will inflict a minimum of 50 / 60 / 100 / 200 Electricity damage.
- Shield bonus, damage multiplier, minimum damage, and status chance are affected by Ability Strength.
- The shield bonus stacks additively with base shield modifiers, and the amount of shields gained is determined by the affected Warframe's base shields at rank 0. Since Chroma has 100 shields at rank 0, a rank-3 Elemental Ward with a maxed Redirection and Intensify will increase Chroma's shield capacity at rank 30 to 300 + 100 × (4.4 + 1 × 1.3) = 870.
- Electricity damage is effective against Machinery and Robotics but less effective against Alloy Armor.
- Electricity status effect chains 50% of Elemental Ward's base damage to surrounding enemies in a small area of effect. Shocked enemies will also be briefly stunned.
- Arc damage bypasses obstacles in the environment.
- The final damage of an arc discharge is determined by the amount of shields and/or health lost by incoming damage. For example with a maxed Intensify, losing 100 shields from a single instance of damage will produce an arc that inflicts 100 × 10 × 1.3 = 1,300 Electricity damage at rank 3 to a single target as long as it's within range.
- Self-damage and damage from environmental hazards can also be converted into arc discharges.
- Arcs can strike the same target multiple times, and arcs can be produced in quick succession should Chroma and allies receive multiple instances of damage that exceed the minimum threshold.
- Arc range is affected by Ability Range.
- Emits an aura of noxious fumes around Chroma and affected allies that increases base reload speed by 15% / 25% / 30% / 35% and holster rate by 15% / 25% / 30% / 35%. Within a radius of 5 meters, the noxious fumes also have a 25% / 35% / 40% / 50% chance per second to deal 5% of an enemy's maximum health as Toxin damage with a 100% status chance.
- Damage chance per second is affected by Ability Strength, while the damage is not.
- Toxin damage is effective against Flesh and Ferrite Armor and bypasses Shielded and Proto Shields, but is less effective against Machinery, Robotics, and Fossilized.
- Toxin status effect deals 50% of Elemental Ward's base damage per tick over 9 ticks in 8 seconds. As the base damage constitutes 5% of an enemy's maximum health, the ensuing proc will deal a total of 22.5% of the enemy's max health as Toxin damage in 9 ticks over 8 seconds, bringing the total damage to 27.5% of the enemy's max health.
- The Toxin damage will only be applied to an enemy if it is not already affected by a Toxin proc, but can occur as soon as an existing Toxin proc expires. As such, its effect cannot stack with itself but can refresh itself every 9 seconds.
- Damage bypasses obstacles in the environment and does not decrease with distance.
- Reload speed and holster rate bonuses are affected by Ability Duration.
- The amount of reload speed gained is determined by the affected weapon's base reload speed.
- Damage radius is not affected by Ability Range.
- Encases Chroma and affected allies in a layer of frost that increases base armor by 25% / 75% / 100% / 150% and creates an ice shield that reflects incoming fire back to their source. Reflected damage is increased by 150% / 200% / 250% / 300% and has a 10% / 15% / 20% / 25% status chance.
- Armor bonus, damage multiplier, and status chance are affected by Ability Strength.
- The armor bonus stacks additively with base armor modifiers, and the amount of armor gained is determined by the affected Warframe's base armor. Since Chroma has 350 base armor, a rank-3 Elemental Ward with a maxed Steel Fiber and Intensify will increase Chroma's armor to 350 × (1 + 1.1 + 1.5 × 1.3) = 1,417.5. As with all other additive armor bonuses, Elemental Ward's bonus is applied before multiplicative armor bonuses.
- Cold damage is effective against Alloy Armor, Shielded, and Infested Sinew, but less effective against Infested Flesh and Fossilized.
- Cold status effect reduces a target's movement speed and fire/attack rate by 50% over a duration of 6 seconds.
- Incoming hitscan and non-hitscan projectiles are physically redirected. As such, obstacles in the environment can prevent reflected damage from hitting enemies.
- Hitscan projectiles are reflected directly to the source enemy regardless of distance from Chroma. Melee attacks are not reflected.
- Non-hitscan projectiles are reflected in the direction of the source enemy.
- Elemental Auras of any type from two or more Chromas do not stack, i.e. two Heat auras do not increase damage nor health values, and if you had both a Heat and Cold aura, only one of them would be active on allies, the first aura stays until you move out of range or it expires.
- Has a casting delay of 1 second. The animation interrupts movement and other actions.
- Elemental Ward cannot be recast while active.
- Main article: Everlasting Ward
Everlasting Ward is a Warframe Augment Mod for Chroma that allows allies to retain Elemental Ward's effects upon moving out of its range, lasting for a percentage of Elemental Ward's remaining duration.
- In a pinch, the bonus Health provided by the Ward can be used as a quick heal, as the Health granted is automatically added to your remaining health and is not reduced from your remaining health when Elemental Ward wears off.
- Allies who enter, leave, then re-enter the radius of Heat-oriented Ward will not regain the buff on the same cast of Elemental Ward. This results in an empty space where the bonus health should have been, even if they took no damage at all.
- This causes Medi-Ray and other healing abilities to attempt to heal the player, but if the player gets out of Elemental Ward's range, their health will return to normal again, wasting the health restored in the process.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.