Depending on Chroma's elemental alignment, an offensive area-of-effect is created. Chroma and his nearby allies are imbued with defensive energy.
|Subsumable to Helminth|
- Chroma emits an aura of elemental energy, by expending 50 energy to empower himself and nearby allies as long as they remain within 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 meters, providing both offensive and defensive buffs. Elemental Ward lasts for 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 seconds.
- Elemental Ward exhibits different effects depending on Chroma's current elemental alignment, determined by Chroma's primary emission color or the selected element of .
- Generates a flame aura around Chroma and affected allies that increases base Health by 50% / 75% / 100% / 200% and inflicts 25 / 50 / 75 / 100 damage per second within a radius of 5 meters with a 2% / 5% / 7% / 10% status chance.
- Health bonus and damage per second are affected by Ability Strength.
- The health bonus stacks additively with base health modifiers, and the amount of health gained is determined by the affected Warframe's base health at rank 0. Since Chroma has 100 health at rank 0, a rank-3 Elemental Ward with a maxed and will increase Chroma's health at rank 30 to 100 × (1 + 2 + 4.4 + 2 × 1.3) = 1,000.
- Damage bypasses obstacles in the environment and decreases with distance.
- Burn radius and status chance are not affected by mods.
- Infuses Chroma and affected allies with an electric current that increases base Shields by 50% / 65% / 75% / 100% and converts incoming damage into arc discharges. An arc discharge inflicts 250% / 300% / 500% / 1,000% incoming damage as damage to a single target within 5 / 6 / 8 / 10 meters with a 10% / 15% / 20% / 25% status chance. Arc discharges will inflict a minimum of 50 / 60 / 100 / 200 damage.
- Shield bonus, damage multiplier, minimum damage, and status chance are affected by Ability Strength.
- The shield bonus stacks additively with base shield modifiers, and the amount of shields gained is determined by the affected Warframe's base shields at rank 0. Since Chroma has 100 shields at rank 0, a rank-3 Elemental Ward with a maxed and will increase Chroma's shield capacity at rank 30 to 100 × (1 + 2 + 4.4 + 1 × 1.3) = 870.
- Arc damage bypasses obstacles in the environment.
- The final damage of an arc discharge is determined by the amount of shields and/or health lost by incoming damage. For example with a maxed , losing 100 shields from a single instance of damage will produce an arc that inflicts 100 × 10 × 1.3 = 1,300 damage at rank 3 to a single target as long as it's within range.
- Damage from environmental hazards can also be converted into arc discharges.
- Arcs can strike the same target multiple times, and arcs can be produced in quick succession should Chroma and allies receive multiple instances of damage that exceed the minimum threshold.
- Arc range is affected by Ability Range.
- Emits an aura of noxious fumes around Chroma and affected allies that increases base reload speed by 15% / 25% / 30% / 35% and holster rate by 15% / 25% / 30% / 35%. Within a radius of 5 meters, the noxious fumes also have a 25% / 35% / 40% / 50% chance per second to deal 5% of an enemy's maximum health as damage with a 100% status chance.
- Damage chance per second is affected by Ability Strength.
- The Toxin damage will only be applied to an enemy if it is not already affected by a Toxin proc, but can occur as soon as an existing Toxin proc expires. As such, its effect cannot stack with itself but can refresh itself every 7 seconds.
- Damage bypasses obstacles in the environment and does not decrease with distance.
- Reload speed and holster rate bonuses are affected by Ability Duration.
- The amount of reload speed gained is determined by the affected weapon's base reload speed.
- Poison radius, enemy health to Toxin damage, and status chance are not affected by mods.
- Encases Chroma and affected allies in a layer of frost that increases base Armor by 25% / 75% / 100% / 150% and creates an ice shield that reflects incoming fire back to their source. Reflected damage is increased by 150% / 200% / 250% / 300% and has a 10% / 15% / 20% / 25% status chance.
- Armor bonus, damage multiplier, and status chance are affected by Ability Strength.
- The armor bonus stacks additively with base armor modifiers, and the amount of armor gained is determined by the affected Warframe's base armor, according to the following formula: Base Armor × (1 + Armor Mods + Ability Modifier × (1 + Strength Mods)).
- Incoming hitscan and non-hitscan projectiles are physically redirected. As such, obstacles in the environment can prevent reflected damage from hitting enemies.
- Hitscan projectiles are reflected directly to the source enemy regardless of distance from Chroma. Melee attacks are not reflected.
- Non-hitscan projectiles are reflected in the direction of the source enemy.
- Does not prevent damage to Chroma aside from the additional armor bonus and other damage reduction rules; Chroma will be hit normally before reflecting the weapons fire.
- Elemental Auras of any type from two or more Chromas do not stack, i.e. two auras do not increase damage nor health values, and if you had both a and aura, only one of them would be active on allies, the first aura stays until you move out of range or it expires.
- Has a casting delay of 1 second. The animation interrupts movement and other actions.
- Elemental Ward cannot be recast while active.
- Elemental Ward does not work on Nekros' Shadows.
- Subsuming Chroma to the Helminth will offer Elemental Ward and its augments to be used by other Warframes. The Ward's effects are determined by the Warframe's primary emission color.
- Main article: Everlasting Ward
Everlasting Ward is a Warframe Augment Mod for that allows allies to retain 's effects upon moving out of its range, lasting for a percentage of Elemental Ward's remaining duration.
- In a pinch, the bonus Health provided by the Ward can be used as a quick heal, as the Health granted is automatically added to your remaining health and is not reduced from your remaining health when Elemental Ward wears off.
- Allies who enter, leave, then re-enter the radius of -oriented Ward will not regain the buff on the same cast of Elemental Ward. This results in an empty space where the bonus health should have been, even if they took no damage at all.
- The in-game UI shows the armor bonus from the aura as a flat bonus rather than a percentage.