Volt deploys an obstacle of energy, providing cover in any situation.
Meters per Energy Drained: 4 m
|Duration:10 / 15 / 20 / 25 s|
|Misc:50% (damage bonus)|
200% (critical damage bonus)
6 m x 4.25 m (static shield)
2 m x 3 m (current shield)
6 (shields limit)
- Volt creates an electrical energy barrier 4.25 meters high and 6 meters wide that absorbs enemy fire, lasting for 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 seconds. Shots fired through the shield made by Volt and his allies gain 50% Electricity damage and 200% critical multiplier.
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Height and width of the shield as well as the damage bonus are not affected by mods.
- The Electricity damage bonus is an additive bonus that's applied to the weapon's base damage, similar to an elemental mod. For an unmodified weapon that inflicts 100 base damage, firing through a shield will increase the total damage to 100 × (1 + 0.5) = 150. The weapon now inflicts 100 base damage and 50 Electricity damage.
- Firing through multiple Shields will cause the Electricity damage bonus to stack additively (e.g., firing through 3 shields will grant a 150% Electricity damage bonus). The critical multiplier bonus on the other hand does not stack with additional shields.
- The Electricity damage bonus does not combine with other elemental types to create secondary elements; the weapon will separately proc the elements present on it and Electricity from Electric Shield.
- Warframe abilities do not gain bonuses from being fired through the shield, with the exception of Ember's Fireball, Frost's Freeze, Oberon's Smite, and Vauban's Flechette Orb.
- Volt has the ability to pickup one of his Static Shields through a context action. Doing so will cause the shield to decrease in size to 2.0 m × 3.0 m and become mobile. Activating the context action again will revert the Current Shield back into a Static Shield.
- The position and movement of the Current Shield will be fixed to the target reticle, meaning the Shield will move with the camera while being within 1.5 meters of Volt.
- When the Current Shield is equipped Volt will be limited to the use of only his secondary and melee weapons and will have his speed and mobility reduced.
- Enemies hit by the Current Shield while Volt is sprinting will be ragdolled.
- Volt will be drained 1 energy for every 4 meters he travels with the Current Shield equipped.
- Distance Per Energy is affected by Ability Efficiency through the equation DPE = 4 ÷ (2 − (1 + Efficiency Mods)).
- Only one shield can be equipped at a time.
- A maximum of 6 separate Electric Shields can be cast at any given time. Casting Electric Shields after reaching the maximum will remove the oldest shield.
- Electric Shield affects certain weapons differently:
- All primary and secondary weapons will gain Electricity damage and amplified critical damage.
- Thrown melee weapons, such as the Glaive, are not affected by Electric Shield.
- Weapons that have additional sources of damage, such as the Quanta, will have their additional sources affected by Electric Shield so long as the damage can be modified. For example, firing a Torid grenade through a Shield will affect the projectile damage and the area damage. Firing a Mutalist Quanta orb through a Shield will not affect the orb's contact damage, but it will affect the orb's explosion damage.
- Held-trigger weapons will gain hitscan properties.
- While most hostile gunfire and AoE damage are blocked by Electric Shield, weapons with innate Punch Through, such as a Scorch's Ignis, can bypass Electric Shield.
- Prevents self-stagger from AoE weapons if the player shoots behind the shield.
- Ability Synergy: Casting Shock through an Electric Shield will electrify it, inflicting 100% of Shock's damage to enemies that pass through it (e.g., Electric Shield will deal 260 damage if Shock's modified damage is 260).
- The bonus damage from Volt's passive will also be stacked onto the damage from Shock (e.g., Electric Shield will deal 810 damage if Shock's modified damage is 260 and the Passive bonus is 550 at the time Shock is cast).
- Main article: Transistor Shield
Transistor Shield is a Warframe Augment Mod for Volt's Electric Shield that allows allies to pick up and move Electric Shields, with no energy cost for moving them. Additionally, a percentage of enemy damage absorbed by the Electric Shield(s) will add up to Volt's Static Discharge passive.
- Main article: Recharge Barrier
|Rank||% max shields restored||Cost|
- Multiple instances of the Static Shield can provide a 360o wall of protection, or can be used once if backing up into a tight space, blocking enemy fire from all angles.
- Note that Electric Shield does not protect its users from above and below attacks. Placing them above and below the player can be done to counter this.
- The Penta does not gain any damage bonuses.
- The Ignis, Embolist and Opticor lose their AoE properties.
- If Shock is cast through Electric Shield with the max bonus damage from Static Discharge (1000) the total damage dealt may be slightly lower than expected (e.g., if Shock adds 100 damage to Electric Shield plus the 1000 bonus damage from passive, the amount of damage inflicted will only be 1098 instead of 1100).