Vomvalysts are spectral Sentient creatures found roaming in the Plains of Eidolon at night. They possess 2 forms: a default physical form and a ghostly energy form to which they switch when they have taken too much damage.
- Vomvalysts have two stages:
- The physical form takes damage like any normal enemy. In this form they attack by launching pairs of semi-guided energy projectiles at enemies, which deal a considerable amount of damage
- After their health has been reduced to zero, they will turn into their energy form and will only take damage from the Operator's Void energy attacks. Energy-form Vomvalysts will attack by performing a charged dash towards any nearby enemies. If their spectral form is not killed after a short duration, they will eventually regain their physical form.
- Once they are destroyed, energy-form Vomvalysts drop a guaranteed energy sphere marked with a blue beacon, which can be picked up by Warframes and Operators and delivered to Eidolon Lures to charge them. These energy charges dissipate after a short time, however.
- Alternatively, Vomvalysts in their energy form can be directly absorbed by an Eidolon Lure if they enter its effective range.
- Vomvalysts spawn in pairs, unless spawned by a Teralyst.
- a variant of Vomvalyst appears as Interference Drones in every mission during Rising Tide quest.
- However, this particular variant has no energy form and thus can be completely killed with conventional weapons.
- Along with Intact Sentient Cores, Vomvalysts will also drop a glowing blue orb, which will charge the Warframe or the Operator with blue energy when picked up. The affected Warframe or Operator can then move near a friendly Eidolon Lure, transferring the energy to the Lure to charge it. Only one orb can be active per Warframe or Operator at any time. This is especially useful during early stages of the Teralyst encounter, as Vomvalysts are often scarce.
- Vomvalysts currently count towards Riven Mods challenges requiring Sentient kills, and are the easiest Sentient unit to kill.
- Do not underestimate them, though; the basic projectile attack of Vomvalysts is still reasonably powerful. When hunting Eidolon Teralysts, they should not be ignored - both due to the fact they support/protect the Teralyst, and due to their damage output.
- Ivara can steal loot from the Vomvalysts using Prowl.
- Vomvalysts cannot be stolen from while they are in spectral form.
- Eidolons in Greek literature are spirit-like images of a living or dead person.
- Still in Greek, vómva (βόμβα), means bomb, probably a reference to how they explode when killed or when they enter their ghost form.
Last update: Hotfix 126.96.36.199
|Drone||Battalyst • Conculyst • Eradicyst • Mimic • Oculyst|
|Spectral||Spectralyst • Vomvalyst|
|Amalgam||Amalgam Arca Heqet • Amalgam Arca Kucumatz • Amalgam Cinder Machinist • Amalgam Phase MOA • Amalgam Swarm Satyr • Saturn Six Fugitive|
|Teralyst • Gantulyst • Hydrolyst • Ropalolyst • Suda-Hunhow • Wolf of Saturn Six|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.