|Dual Heat Swords|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price: 15,000|
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High slide damage.
- Has one polarity slot.
- Can hit multiple enemies. (Up to 3)
- Slam attacks inflict Heat damage and status within a large area.
- Panic caused from Heat proc lasts much longer than a knockdown.
- Does not deal knockdown to synthethic enemies (Ospreys, MOAs) on Slam Attack.
- High stamina consumption on attacks.
- Low critical chance.
- See Category:Dual Heat Swords Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Dual Heat Swords Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- When surrounded or stun-locked (especially by Infested ), the jump attack is useful in inflicting persistent fire damage in a radius.
- The Dual Heat Sword is the only melee weapon that has no polarity for its Stance slot, allowing it to use either Swirling Tiger or Crossing Snakes stances without penalty. For optimal modding however, it is recommended that Forma be used to polarize the slot to the desired polarity.
- As with all Dual melee weapons, the Dual Heat Swords consumes Stamina per individual swing of their left and right weapons. Since dual weapons can swing twice in rapid succession, one can drain stamina at an alarming rate faster than even stamina-heavy weapons like the Fragor. Consider using the Quick Rest mod when wielding this weapon to quickly recover Stamina, or alternatively use the Second Wind mod to instantly regain Stamina on channeling kills. Using Melee Combos that hit multiple times per attack like Swirling Tiger's Winding Claws can also offset the heavy stamina cost.
- High Slash damage and Heat damage slam attack make it very effective against Infested and Cloned Flesh.
- This weapon was released on February 8, 2013 with Update 6.2.
- The previous version of this weapon was a Heat Sword and a Heat Dagger used together. Update 13 changed the weapon to use two Heat Swords instead.
- This has since been reverted in a recent hotfix.