The Dual Cestra is the dual-wield variant of the Cestra, a rapid-fire Corpus sidearm. Compared to its single-handed counterpart, the Dual Cestra sports even faster fire rate and a larger magazine size and ammo capacity, at the expense of slower reload speed and lower accuracy.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Energy Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Puncture damage – effective against armor.
- High status chance.
- Tied with Secura Dual Cestra and Twin Grakata for the highest magazine size of all secondaries.
- High accuracy.
- High fire rate.
- Has one polarity.
- Low Impact and no Slash damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Does not benefit from Slash mods.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Very low critical chance.
- Below average critical multiplier.
- Has a short spool-up time before reaching optimal fire rate.
- High recoil when fully spooled.
- Poor ammo economy.
- Tied with Secura Dual Cestra for the slowest reload speed of all secondaries.
- Dual Cestra, compared to Cestra:
- Higher fire rate (18.75 rounds/sec vs. 8.33 rounds/sec)
- Larger magazine (120 rounds vs. 60 rounds)
- Larger max ammo capacity (480 rounds vs. 420 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (3.5 s vs. 2 s)
- Less accurate (20 vs. 33)
- Different polarities ( vs. None)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (7 vs. 4)
- Lower disposition (1.35 vs. 1.52)
- Dual Cestra, compared to Secura Dual Cestra:
- Lower base damage (26.0 vs. 28.0)
- Lower critical chance (6% vs. 16%)
- Lower status chance (20% vs. 28%)
- Higher fire rate (18.75 rounds/sec vs. 12.5 rounds/sec)
- Lack of an innate Sequence effect
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (7 vs. 10)
- Higher disposition (1.35 vs. 1.3)
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Dual Cestra Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Dual Cestra Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to the high recoil of this weapon, Steady Hands is recommended for better accuracy.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Cestras' barrels rotate slowly clockwise when not in use and spin faster as they are fired.
- Released February 5, 2014 in Update 12.0.
- Color of projectiles is colored by the weapon's energy color.
- This is the first akimbo-type weaponry that has a spin-up feature.
- This is also the first dual-wield Corpus sidearm.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Continuing to hold down the fire button while the Dual Cestra has no ammo in its magazine will not trigger the reload animation. Instead the two will intertwine while the reload icon is being displayed.
- Currently the Dual Cestra and its counterparts ( Cestra and Secura Dual Cestra) cannot increase the damage of Antimatter Drop.
Media[edit | edit source]
Dual Cestra Skins
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Hotfix 22.19.1
See also[edit | edit source]
- Cestra, the single counterpart of this weapon.
- Supra, the rifle counterpart of the regular Cestra.
- Secura Dual Cestra, The Perrin Sequence custom version.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|