Rip the life force from an enemy and use it as a shield that captures damage. Charge to channel the captured damage into an explosive projectile.
|Strength:1 / 1.5 / 1.75 / 2 x (damage capture multiplier)|
|Duration:13 / 15 / 18 / 20 s (mirror duration)|
|Range:30 m (pounce range)|
6 / 7 / 8 / 10 m (explosion radius)
|Misc:10% (health to shield)|
35% (instant kill threshold)
50%/s (charge damage per sec)
- Garuda leaps into the air to pounce at an enemy target within 30 meters, violently slashing the victim with her talons to inflict ? damage and Knockdown, or instantly killing the target if its current health was at or below 35% when Dread Mirror was cast.
- Once Garuda strikes the victim, she rips its lifeforce out to conjure a Dread Mirror in front of her for 13 / 15 / 18 / 20 seconds. The dread mirror is a large hovering invulnerable frontal shield that reorients itself to face the player's camera direction. All incoming enemy ranged and melee attacks are blocked by the mirror on contact, while the damage is absorbed into the Dread Heart beating above the mirror's frame; incoming enemy damage is first multiplied by 1 / 1.5 / 1.75 / 2 times then absorbed by the heart. 10% of the victim's health is also absorbed as damage for the heart when Garuda strikes the target.
- Mirror duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Damage capture multiplier is affected by Ability Strength.
- If the victim is instantly killed, the health to shield is increased from 10% to 20%.
- Health to shield is not affected by mods in either case.
- Enemies that touch the mirror will take 100 Impact damage and stagger backward away from Garuda.
- This damage is also dealt to the mirror.
- This damage is not effected by Ability Strength.
- The mirror hits once as soon as you hit your victim unless they are instantly killed.
- Damage absorbed is displayed in numeric value above the heart.
- Dread mirror lasts until it expires or the dread heart is thrown, while the dread heart will persist until thrown even after the mirror disappears.
- Mirror does not block area of effect abilities such as Heavy Gunner ground slam.
- While the Dread Heart is floating above Garuda, holding down the ability button (default Energy per second to continuously increase the absorbed damage by 50% of the currently stored damage value per second. Releasing the ability button causes Garuda to throw the heart as a high velocity explosive projectile toward the location on the aiming reticle. The heart bursts on impact with an enemy or a surface to inflict the amplified damage and a guaranteed Impact Status Effect to all enemies within a 6 / 7 / 8 / 10 meter radius. ) causes Garuda to grasp the heart in her talons and drain 50
- Can be recast while active to pounce at a target and refresh the mirror's duration.
- Can be cast while airborne.
- Casting Dread Mirror is full body animation that relocates Garuda to her target. Charging the dread heart is an upper body animation that restricts Garuda to the ground allowing her to move at walking pace, but prevents other actions until the heart is thrown.
- The dread mirror's frame colors are affected by Garuda's chosen Appearance colors.
- The dread heart visually drips blood constantly, beats faster when absorbing damage, and grows spikes when its stored damage is high enough.
- Dread mirror, dread heart, and particle effects are affected by Garuda's chosen Energy color.
- Synergizes well with Guardian Derision, making more enemies attack Garuda and her Dread Mirror, allowing quick, indefinite damage build up for Dread Heart.
- Combined with Blood Altar, Garuda can effectively tank and shrug off most damage that comes her way.
- Considering how far Garuda can move with her pounce, it can make for an effective means to escape an encounter while defending yourself.
- Using the ability multiple times before unleashing the heart will ramp up the damage rapidly, eliminating the reliance on enemy aggro.