The Dragon Nikana is a powerful katana of Tenno design, acting as a direct upgrade of the .
- Second highest base damage of all nikanas, behind .
- High damage – effective against health.
- High critical chance and status chance.
- Innate and polarities.
- Dragon Nikana (Normal), compared to Nikana (Normal):
- Higher base damage (188 vs. 142)
- Higher critical chance (22% vs. 16%)
- Higher status chance (22% vs. 16%)
- Higher disposition (1.15 vs. 0.95)
- Higher attack speed (1 vs. 0.92)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (8 vs. 4)
- Dragon Nikana (Normal), compared to Nikana Prime (Normal):
- Lower base damage (188 vs. 198)
- Lower critical chance (22% vs. 28%)
- Lower critical multiplier (2x vs. 2.4x)
- Lower status chance (22% vs. 28%)
- Higher disposition (1.15 vs. 0.6)
- Lower attack speed (1 vs. 1.08)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (8 vs. 12)
The Dragon Nikana's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 275||Blueprints Price:30,000|
- Despite what its name suggest, Dragon Nikana is not a variant of the , so is considered its own weapon in regards to Riven Mods.
- The default strikes of the Nikanas lash out quickly, but have noticeably longer delay before the next swing. This should be noted if you are particular about hit timing.
- Before Hotfix 13.0.1 (2014-04-10), the Dragon Nikana appeared alongside the normal in the Market with the same name as the regular version, causing some confusion due to its superior stats despite looking like an identical weapon. This has been changed to reflect the Dragon Nikana being a separate weapon.
- The Dragon Nikana was previously unlockable via Clan research, requiring the to the researched. Hotfix 13.0.3 (2014-04-10) removed the Dragon Nikana from the Tenno Lab, and a conversion blueprint was made available in the Market to allow Nikana users to upgrade to the Dragon Nikana.
- This weapon is the first of its kind to have an enhancement prefix of Dragon.
- Though a Tenno weapon, "Dragon" is the second prefix, with "Dex" being the first, that doesn't follow the normal upgrade path, becoming Primes. Possibly due in part to the fact that neither are constructed with Orokin technology.
- The Dragon Nikana's scabbard colors are customized from the Attachments tab, rather than the main Appearance tab colors.
- The dangling strip by the scabbard is customized through the main Appearance tab, however.
Dragon Nikana Skins
Last updated: Update 26.0 (2019-10-31)
- , the regular version and requisite ingredient of this weapon.
- , the Prime version of the Nikana.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|