Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- Second highest base damage of all nikanas, behind Nikana Prime.
- High critical chance and status chance.
- Innate and polarities.
- Dragon Nikana, compared to Nikana:
- Higher base damage (188.0 vs. 142.0)
- Higher critical chance (22% vs. 16%)
- Higher status chance (22% vs. 16%)
- Higher attack speed (1 vs. 0.92)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (8 vs. 4)
- Higher disposition (1.15 vs. 0.9)
- Dragon Nikana, compared to Nikana Prime:
- Lower base damage (188.0 vs. 198.0)
- Lower critical chance (22% vs. 28%)
- Lower critical multiplier (2.0x vs. 2.4x)
- Lower status chance (22% vs. 28%)
- Lower attack speed (1 vs. 1.08)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (8 vs. 12)
- Higher disposition (1.15 vs. 0.6)
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The Dragon Nikana's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 275||Blueprints Price:30,000|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The default strikes of the Nikanas lash out quickly, but have noticeably longer delay before the next swing. This should be noted if you are particular about hit timing.
- Before Hotfix 13.0.1, the Dragon Nikana appeared alongside the normal Nikana in the Market with the same name as the regular version, causing some confusion due to its superior stats despite looking like an identical weapon. This has been changed to reflect the Dragon Nikana being a separate weapon.
- The Dragon Nikana was previously unlockable via Clan research, requiring the Nikana to the researched. Hotfix 13.0.3 removed the Dragon Nikana from the Tenno Lab, and a conversion blueprint was made available in the Market to allow Nikana users to upgrade to the Dragon Nikana.
- Despite being a variant of the Nikana, the Dragon Nikana is considered its own weapon in regards to Riven Mods.
Tips[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This weapon is the first of its kind to have an enhancement prefix of Dragon.
- Though a Tenno weapon, "Dragon" is the second prefix, with "Dex" being the first, that doesn't follow the normal upgrade path, becoming Primes. Possibly due in part to the fact that neither are constructed with Orokin technology.
- The Dragon Nikana's scabbard colors are customized from the Attachments tab, rather than the main Appearance tab colors.
- The dangling strip by the scabbard is customized through the main Appearance tab, however.
Media[edit | edit source]
Dragon Nikana Skins
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Update 26.0
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Nikana, the regular version and requisite ingredient of this weapon.
- Nikana Prime, the Prime version of the Nikana.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.